“It was good...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chatterpauls

Chatterpauls
Ranked #5 of 314 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oshawa, Canada
“It was good...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

The atmosphere was very nice, beautiful work done inside. The food portions were very small and left us having to go for more food after we left.

Whitby, Canada
“Nothing but good chatter about this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Service, food , value - seems always to be very good.
Love the way the chef sends out little tastes as your wait for your meal.
Menu is quite varied.
Service on the most part is very good.
Try the sea bass !

Visited May 2012
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
“No other Kind Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have been visiting Chatterpauls since it first opened back in 2008. Now, one of the main reasons I ventured here when it first opened was due to the Owner "Chadman" and his great past experience. I immediately wanted to become a supporter of his New Venture, so Yes, I already had a positive outlook on the place. I also know the staff quite well which doesn't hurt either, but even for the new faces, they are all so polite and helpful. Prices aren't far fetched for what you get, and by that, you get a lot. Food portions are fantastic to my surprise every visit. The Quality and presentation is like NO OTHER!!! I've had business dinners, birthday dinners and casual dining at the Bar. All to what I expect, Fantastic. This is NOT a Kelseys, Keg, BrockHouse, Shrimp Cocktail....it's much more! The ambiance is always fantastic. It's a classy intimate atmosphere but you don't have to dress over the top. Bookings can be the only issue, and by the Restaurant's success, its not their fault. You must make reservations ahead of time, don't rely on just walking in especially if your planning a special occasion. Tons of parking as the location is amazing located in a Plaza and easy to find. Just try it for yourself, you won't be disappointed.

Duane
Whitby, Ontario

• Visited October 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“bad experciance”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

every thing, when making the reservation they lied and said they were very busy but could find us a table for 2 we ordered lamb and they said it was to
expensive and dis not have any we ordered sirloin and it was so tough we could not eat it. by the way there were only 2 other people in the dinig room
the loud noise from the bar made it very un pleasant.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Carl B
Whitby, Canada
“It was everything everybody had raved about and more!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our very pregnant daughter (due in 2 weeks) and her husband, took me and my husband out for our birthdays this past Saturday night and no one was disappointed. She and I had both heard that the food was amazing and the chef certainly lived up to his reputation. She had made reservations so that there would be no problems getting in and there weren't any. No sooner were we seated that we were each asked if we had any special requirements or food allergies which truly impressed us as this was the very first time ever any of us had been asked that question in an restaurant, and we have eaten at a lot of them. Our drinks' order was taken very quickly and the amuse-bouche also came very quickly and were delicious.
It was the last day of the "Savour the Season" culinary festival, and since ChatterPaul's was taking part in it, they had a special menu promoting local food such as meats, vegetables, fruits and wines. Both my husband and daughter chose items from that menu whereas my son-in-law, our younger son and myself chose from the main menu. Everything from the berries in the fruit compote that accompanied my salmon to the duck, lamb shank, the salmon itself and the chicken parmesan were to die for. My salmon was so tender that it melted in my mouth. It was so hard to make a choice of what to have as if, once you had made up your mind, you happened to look at another one of the menus , you were so tempted to change your mind as there are so many tempting choices. We managed to make room for dessert and they were every accommodating in letting us have those that were on the "Savour the Season" menu as apparently a lot of people had been asking for them. All in all, we were not disappointed, on the contrary, we were truly impressed by the quality of the food, the way everything was prepared, the superb service and the atmosphere.
But just like everyone said, please make reservations as it packs up really quick. We were there on a Sunday at 5PM and by 6PM it was full! We will be back very soon without a doubt!

• Visited September 2012