“Try the chicken souvlaki”

Arahova Souvlaki Ltee
Ranked #155 of 218 Restaurants in Brossard
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I am surprised that there are only a few recent reviews and so many less than flattering ones. We have been here several times in the past five years and have always been very pleased with the food. On our recent visit,warm delicious bread was served to start us off. The chicken souvlaki was done just right, tender and flavorful and served with Greek salad and two massive potatoes each. The lamb chops tasted delicious though they would have been better if some of the fat had been removed before plating. The service as always was excellent and our two plates of chicken brochettes and one of lamb chops cost us about $55 including tax but without the tip.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Fast food Greek. Great variety. Good prices. Friendly staff. Not the best in town but definitely one of the best for the price.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have eaten there twice in the past year and friends have also given us their feedback. It's terrible! I have to be honest. The Lasalle Arahova rates exactly the same. They are franchises of the original Arahova on St-Viateur which to this day is excellent.

I have been eating at the original Arahova on St-Viateur St for 25 years, so I should know. They still offer lamb meat or pork. Here, there is only one choice - pork. Nothing tastes good, not even the tatziki - my French Canadian wife makes better at home.

These franchises have been left to drift off aimlessly on their own and they certainly have not followed true to the successful recipes of the founders.

The only item worth eating there is the pita souvlaki, I'm sorry to report.

2  Thank Ray47
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The last time I went, it was for supper and it was AWFUL. Cold dolmades, uninteresting salads drowning in dressing, and tasteless lamb chops.

Surprisingly, I went for lunch with my wife today and it was good to very good. It was not crowded at lunch,and we had the large greek salad with the chicken gyro plate (meat and cucumbers). The salad was very fresh, tons of feta (fresh) and it tasted very nice. Big too much onion for my taste, but can't find fault in any of the ingredients. Too big for 2 people - generous portion. As for the chicken, it was a very generous portion, it was not dry at all, but juicy. Very nice. We took half of it home. Garlic bread was standard, and the caffe latte was fine.

Service was good - very good (thanks, Manon). We were pleasantly surprised, and I am happy to rank them higher as they seem to have improved. For lunch. And it was not crowded. I don't know what they would be like now for supper and when it gets busy.

Keep it up, guys. Because of today, I will come back.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

This restaurant has a nice ambiance and amazing tatziki in their souflakis. We ate here at least 15 times and the service is always curtious and the food tasty.