“Good hotel, just misses on details”

ALT Hotel Quartier DIX30
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Brossard
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights on a recent business trip to Montreal. The room I had was very comfortable, very clean and very well decorated in a trendy modern Euopean way. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient.

This hotel advertises itself as 'no frills', meaning few if any of the features a higher quality hotel would feature, such as concierge service, or coffee in the room. I have no issue with this policy, but I think they carry it a bit too far. My room was equipped with a Keurig coffee maker (good!) and their web site told me that they would sell me the coffee if I did not bring my own. But, they did not provide cups or mugs to make the coffee into (annoying). While all of the rest of the furnishings in the room were solid, high quality and elegant, the desk chair was flimsy and cheap in appearance. Since I had planned to spend several hours working in the room, this chair was a definite problem.

So close. With a bit of attention to these details the hotel would have rated very highly in my opinion.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joseph B
Julie B, General Manager at ALT Hotel Quartier DIX30, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Joseph B,

Thank you so much for your comments, you can be assured that I will share them with the whole team.

We do have a "no frill chic" concept, meaning that we want to offer high quality essentials like comfort, great design, personalized & friendly service and, all other services can be added to your experience at your request. All this at the same unique price all year long

As for the Keurig coffee machine in our rooms, the coffee or tea pucks can be purchased at the front dest where we should give you milk, cream, sugar and coffee cups to go. I can see from your comments that we did not give you all the information at the time of your arrival and I am sorry about this situation.

Your comment about the desk chair is also very important since your comfort is at the heart of our concerns, we will definetly look into this.

I hope that your next visit will be a real ALTernative experience and thank you again for sharing your comments with us.

Julie Brisebois

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have used this hotel and the one in Quebec City. The rooms are extremely clean and efficient (including the bathroom). My wife has arthritis and the fact that all their rooms have walk-in showers makes a big difference for her. Shopping center and garage parking a hughe plus. Made the drive into Montreal atleast once a day with no problems. The staff is a huge plus for this location ... helpful, attentive and good problem solvers. The rooms have huge desk area with all of the necessary electronic hookups. Excellent WiFi.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed in early September 2013 when in need of a convenient location for a nearby business meeting. Very nice hotel. Very modern feel. Clean and comfortable. Very nice staff. Lots of shopping nearby, but no time to explore on this trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We loved this hotel. Beautiful, modern design with lots of nice touches. New. Very comfortable. High airy ceilings. Located in the middle of a huge shopping complex. Free parking in the garage underneath (once we figured out where to go).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I always pick an Alt hotel when possible. I had the chance to stay at one when in Brossard this year. Nice location. Great restaurants, shopping, etc. If you have a chance to stay at one you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013
Julie B, General Manager at ALT Hotel Quartier DIX30, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Kevin A,

Thank you for being such a loyal ALTernative traveler !

For your information, we have existing ALT properties in Quartier DIX30, Brossard, in Ste-Foy, Quebec, at Toronto Pearson airport in Ontario, at Stanfield aiport in Halifax and coming soon in Griffintown Montreal, Winnipeg and Ottawa.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you in any one of our properties, I can assure you that you will feel right at home in all of them!

On behalf of the whole team at ALT Quartier DIX30, thank you for your visit and comments and we hope to see you again in a near future.

Julie Brisebois

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very modern. Rooms are a bit small, but not bad for a boutique hotel. It is located in a mall setting, with several shops and some excellent restaurants. This does make for having nothing at the hotel to do. Very friendly staff and room was very clean. Was close to city but not so busy.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Rumrummer314
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Small room but fine for me and daughter, queen bed, very different in its arty modern deco. The bed is very comfy: Large European pillows, fluffy comforter. Nice bathroom, nice shower, clean clean. Nice staff. But no coffee machine in the room, you need to get downstairs 1st floor to get one! Internet is on and off. This wifi issue is often encountered in the last canadian hotels I visited. I would say all of them. Its annoying. There is no pool. The air conditioner is noisy. Its a nice place to stay for a shopping day or two at Dix30, which is minutes distance and lots of nice restaurants. I would go back.

Room Tip: Our room 1206 was about 500 s.f. we are tiny I would not see a large man in this room with his wife...