“High Style, High Function... Cheaper Finishes”

ALT Hotel Quartier DIX30
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Brossard
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I will start by saying that this hotel is great for what it is, super cheap, super stylish and all in all a good option if you don't plan on staying in your room much.

The room itself was very stylish and nice, albeit a bit on the small side. Staff were pleasant and friendly, but didn't necessarily blow me away. I did notice a few signs of wear/tear on some of the furnishings but at these prices, it didn't both me and I guess is to be expected.

Definitely a good option, makes you feel like youre spending a lot when you're really spending a little. Likely the best option in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Julie B, General Manager at ALT Hotel Quartier DIX30, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Duncan B,

We are always happy to read comments, and I would like to thank you for sharing yours concerning your stay in January.

It is disappointing to read that you were expecting wear and tear on some of the furnishings as we inspect our property on a daily basis and we give ourselves a very little time frame to fix things so that our furniture and design never looks worn. Unfortunately, some repairs take more time than we would like but we want you to know that it is always a concern. Our price is affordable but never an excuse for making you feel like you don’t deserve high quality, friendly service and great comfort!

We pride ourselves in making our guest the center of our attention, therefore, we hope that you will visit us again and truly enjoy the ALT experience.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

In another era this would have been akin to a holiday inn or super 8 - except with more refined design elements. There is nothing wrong with this hotel and its likely that if you are staying there you are there for the Dix 30 shopping and not the hotel ammenities/surroundings....

Very minimalist rooms - the walls are paper thin so its likely you'll hear the highway traffic and your neighbors as I did. Paying for Keurig coffee pods (for a room that cost 170.00 a night) was odd. Hot water took five minutes or so and the tv/satellite/cable service is a disaster (minimal channels, intermittent signals). Its clean and modern, staff provided good service - there is no food except for snacks in the hotel. The hallway to the breakfast place next door was dirty the weekend I visited. I had a corner room - worth asking for - but the phone was not next to the bed but on a table away from the bed - an odd choice if you were to ask for a wake up call.

So again there is nothing wrong with this hotel but its not extraordinary, its pricey and its a far cry from the Germain main line hotels (this is the "B" class version of the Germain chain). It is however the only choice now at the DIX 30 if you want to stop over and shop over a couple of days.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed at the ALT in Brossard, Quebec as a last minute decision after my car iced up just south of Montreal in this December's record snow storm. It was an unexpected delight. The design concept is minimalist, the rooms are small, and, as other reviewers have noted, you must buy your coffee pods at the counter in the lobby. But the small rooms are really a marvel of minimalist design, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom sharply functional, and it was a genuine pleasure to note the use of space and materials to mitigate any feeling of smallness. The staff was friendly and accommodating, and, to my good fortune, pet friendly (for a surcharge). Though the hotel has no restaurant, Quartier DIX30 has many restaurants and there is a very good Chinese grill next door.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 26, 2012

A very clean and comfortable modern hotel in a very nice shopping district. I have stayed twice recently and have had a nice stay each time. This hotel, suggested by my vendor, actually made me want to convince my wife to tag along on a business trip to Montréal in the future. It's the landmark of the entire Quartier Dix30 complex, which has hundreds of upscale shops, a cinema, and some bargain stores (Canadian Tire, Walmart, Dollarama). The entire shopping center has free underground parking, with the hotel's section directly adjacent to the hotel elevator. No need to brave the weather to get into the lobby, the elevator will take you from the underground parking right to the lobby. The decor of the hotel is very modern. I had first booked a two-queen room, so on my return, the one-queen room seemed small. There are a lot of good restaurants nearby, and there's a bar in the hotel. I don't normally frequent hotel bars, but on one of my trips, there was a compelling special in the bar: free rum drinks during Cinq à Sept (Happy Hour).
A note to travelers: when using my GPS

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Exciting to enter clean crisp modern surroundings .Only snack food available on site but good restaurants nearby.Rooms rather strange minimalistic with no door handles and bare concrete panels on one wall.Paying for in room coffee annoying .Interesting concept but I personally prefer old fashioned comfort and convenience .

Room Tip: look at rooms before checking in check on maintenance
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during a company sponsored training event. I was very impressed with the concept and the décor of this modern look hotel. The room was average in size, nice bathroom, flat screen TV with a desk installed panel for your own connections, great queen size bed and pillows and was quiet except for Sunday night. My only complaints are regarding the lack of a restaurant at the hotel (but there are plenty of them just walking distance and on the 2nd floor), the fact that I had to pay for the Keurig coffee pods to have a cup in the morning, the non-ergo desk chair and the dim lights in the room. Other than that my stay was above average and I will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night in november . All i can say is WOW!this hotel is Modern, clean, with very nice room, comfy bed, free wifi in the room. There is a lot of restaurants and shops in thos area. I loved it! you will love it too!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brossard
3 mi away
Econo Lodge Brossard
Econo Lodge Brossard
#7 of 10 in Brossard
Holiday Inn Express St. Jean sur Richelieu
Holiday Inn Express St. Jean sur...
#1 of 5 in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu

Been to ALT Hotel Quartier DIX30? Share your experiences!