“Fun for lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Food was middle of the road but it was a fun atmosphere and good place for lunch. Definetly a pub place with good suds. The food was mostly pretty good but the cook has to cut back on the sodium. Everything was just a little salty. Maybe they want you to drink more? Service was very good.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have been to this restaurant on several occasions and the service has gotten worse after every single time.

I don't usually give a restaurant a 2nd chance with bad service and I have been very tolerant of this restaurant because my wife enjoys the salmon tartar.

However, given the limited choices on the menu and the price range. I feel that I am not getting good value for the price. If you want to charge those prices , make sure the service is exceptional. I work downtown and have the oppurtunity to eat at many fantastic locations.

When I pay premium prices at a restaurant , I expect exceptional service. E.g : dishes left on our table for long periods of time, empty tabasco bottles, we had to ask for utensils, we got our drinks after our meal.

Plus when we asked for service, it felt like we were bothering the staff comfortably relaxing around the bar area.

Ryan Tasciyan
Investment Advisor
National Bank Financial : Wealth Management
ryan.tasciyan@bnc.ca

PilouDupont, Manager at Le Mile Public House, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Hello Ryan,

I just read your comment. All comments are very positive for us. We always try to do our best to provide the best for our customers. Following your review, we are pleased to offer for you and your spouse, a meal and drink at our restaurant. Please take the time to rewrite us at the following address so we can contact you. (pilou.dupont.milepublichouse @ gmail.com)

We apologize for any inconvenience you had at our restaurant.

Team Mile Public House

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had lunch there and tried the salmon tartare. It was ok. My cousin had the beef tartare and it tasted nothing, so boring! Also had a salad with chicken, also very average, nothing special about the dressing or anything. The drinks are kinda cool and not too pricey (if you compare with Distillerie, wich they try to imitate with big mason jars). The vibe was cool tho. But the service was rude. Too bad, looked like a nice spot in Quartier Dix30.

1  Thank mc_1990

Hello MC_1990,

We apologize for any inconvenience you had at our restaurant.

Team Mile Public House

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Great atmosphere, good selection of local beers, excellent poutine! I went a couple times in the week I was in Montreal, always happy with the service.

Hello TJ004,

Thank you for your comment. We always try to do our best with customers to make sure that they love our place.Thank you !

Mile Public House

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Would I recommend this place? Not sure at all. First, yes the drinks are good and reasonably priced ($9). Second, yes the place looks and is cool, nice ambiance and décor. Restrooms are cool too. Third, there is no third. The menu is very minimal and when we went last Sunday (long week-end), half of the menu was NOT available. So no steak or salmon tartar, no bavette, no salmon and no something else I don't remember. So I ended up with beef short-ribs and by GF with duck poutine. Not the kind of Sunday dinner you would imagine. Service was not bad, friendly enough, except for the bad-attitude-looking-guy at the greeting stand. BIG downside: the price. The tab was $81 for one drink, one non-alcoholic beverage, one calamari, one poutine and one short-rib plate. Ouch! anyways, I will not return at least until they change the menu and review the prices. And no reservations are accepted.

2  Thank oli-business
PilouDupont, Manager at Le Mile Public House, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comment. We apologize for the service you received during your visit to the restaurant. In order to improve our service, we offer you the opportunity to visit us again.You just have to write us at this email address (pilou.dupont.milepublichouse@gmail.com) and tell us the date you want to visit. We will make sure that you will receive a special treatment and have a good experience

Thank you for your comments, they are very positive for us;

Mile Public House