“Excellent service, very clean room. Good value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel Du Fleuve

Motel Du Fleuve
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Brossard
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent service, very clean room. Good value!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Our room was on the river side, and, given the location of the motel, we really enjoyed the beautiful views of downtown Montreal. The room was cozy and clean. The personal was very warm and friendly. They responded very quick to all our calls. We would certainly look forward to stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the river side have an awesome view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Fabiana120
Andre F, Manager at Motel Du Fleuve, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit. Thank you for staying with us

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

The room seemed to be newly renovated and left a good impretion. Only the door seemed old and didn't have an extra lock. We liked our stay here and would come again. There is a 200dollar deposit but they will refund it after your stay, if you left the room undamaged.
It is next to the highway, but a room facing the river is very quiet. We didnt hear the traffic.
Its only a 10 minute drive to montreal. Make sure not to drive via bridge champlain from 7-9am and back at about 5pm. It can cost you over an hour!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a room on the river side which offered beautiful views of Montreal. Room was comfortable and clean. Looked like it was recently renovated. We liked the location nearby Old Montreal and Downtown at a fraction of the price. No breakfast available on site. Drove to Tim Horton's which was less than 5 minutes away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank judy s
Quincy, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Be aware that their policy is to pre authorize $200 security deposit on your credit card. I asked to have it reversed at check out. Lots of bike riding and wake surfing activities on the river. It is little involved to reach the hotel from the South as it is on the south bound lanes.

Room Tip: Ask for newly renovated room on the back side facing the river.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CaptJohnD
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This was my second time staying at this motel. I stayed in room 28 my first time and in room 27 this past time. The room was newly renovated, I was the second person to stay in it. The room had a bathtub and shower but I preferred the new shower that was in room 28. Only problem with the room was that the bathroom door didn't shut properly. Perhaps that is something that can be fixed? Air conditioning worked great.

• Stayed June 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We really enjoyed the view of the Montreal skyline right across the river. The sunset over the city was amazing. Although the room wasn't the biggest it was nice and clean. New furniture and nice flat screen TV. Good location if you<re thinking about visiting Old Montreal. We drove there in about 10 minutes from the motel.

Room Tip: ask for riverside room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2013

To all the people interested in booking a room at The Motel Du Fleuve, Brossard, QC J4W 1A4 think again. The place is totaly different from the pictures in the web. when I went to check in the woman at the front desk was rude and asked me for a $200.00 deposit with my visa, after some arguing she said it was ok and gave me the key to the room. I went to see the room and saw that the place was a dump. That is when I called back The Reservation Counter to let them know that I was not satisfied with the place. The main light switch was not working along with other lights it was dark, there was no phone in the room the place was old, run down and dirty. There were mirrors on the ceiling like a place that you would only take a prostitute. I was not going to spend the night in a place like that, the deceiving thing is that the pictures on their web site looked fine but when I got to the place it was a totally different place.
I called twice asking nicely to cancel the room and get a full refund. They replied and saying that there is a 24 hour cancelation penalty. But I booked the room 15 Minutes earlier for that same night how does that apply. Now when I got my Visa Statement I found both the charges the $87.69 in US dollars which came out to $92.27 CND and the $89.97 in CANADIAN dollars both on my card. I called back numerous times trying to speak with somebody in customer service and every time I get someone that can barely speak English and doesn’t know what they are doing. At the end they said that there is a 24 hour cancelation penalty on both the charges. Then I can assure you that I am going to have Visa look into this matter along with the Better Business Bureau and going to be posting many negative reviews on the net, for The Motel Du Fleuve, Brossard, QC J4W 1A4 that it will affect them for the longest time if I don't get a full refund.

Room Tip: Go to another place trust me
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AngeloL664
Andre F, Manager at Motel Du Fleuve, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
A $200 pre-authorization on a credit card is indeed required for all our renovated non-smoking rooms, which are exactly as pictured on our website and the various booking sites. No deceit here! This client was offered a non-renovated smoking room when he refused to have his card pre-authorized and accepted it.

Travelers are raving about these Brossard hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brossard
Hotel Brossard
Comfort Inn Brossard
Comfort Inn Brossard
#5 of 10 in Brossard
Hotel Dauphin Montreal - Longueuil

Been to Motel Du Fleuve? Share your experiences!