“Good Chinese food with average service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Kam Fung

Kam Fung
Ranked #17 of 213 Restaurants in Brossard
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good Chinese food with average service!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This restaurant is located in the South Shore of Montreal or known as the Brossard area. The original location is in the downtown Chinatown area of Montreal! The restaurant dining area is a huge dining hall, so during peak times the restaurant will be noisy! Overall the food is good but the service needs some attention to, we always had to flag down a wait staff for our needs. What we order were the dinner combinations, there are Chinese written menus but you can ask for the english version of their menus and the wait staff will help you out on dishes to your needs!

• Visited August 2012

Brossard, Canada
“Won't be back”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Tasteless food in this large hall-type of restaurant. Nothing great, I do better at home and I'm not chinese...

Veronica K, Manager at Kam Fung, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Yes, in comparison to other Chinese restaurants, our chefs do use a lot LESS MSG and salt in our food. By doing so, it will bring out more the nature flavor of our food. We have decided to follow this trend, because we are aware of the negative effect of excessive use of salt and MSG. In addition, a lot of our clients are MSG intolerant, including myself and many of my staffs. But in small quantity is fine. Not all the clients are used to this, but a lot of them do appreciate our public health concern. Thank you for your respond.
Vancouver, Canada
“Huge inside, beautiful central luster, dim sum so so, terrible service”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

When we arrived (we were 3) there were a lot of people waiting to be seated, the lady at the entrance gave me my queuing number, we waited about 10 minutes to be seated ( reasonable wait considering the horde of people waiting). The inside of the restaurant is huge with a lot of tables, decoration is very basic through the giant central luster is magnificiant. The ladies with the food carts were efficients, but we had to ask a waiter for some soy sauce because there is no soy sauce nor chili sauce provided on each table like I'mused to. They only provide 2 couples of mustard beside hoisin sauce ( not very used to eat my dim sum with these sauces, kind of weird but people around me looked satisfied with that, maybe due to the influences of the Quebecois eating habits)... The same waiter passed several times in front of our table but just ignored our earlier request, so I had to shout and hailed another waiter who brought us within 5 mn the so precious soy sauce ( never thought I had to literally beg for soy sauce in a Dim Sum restaurant!). But by the time the soy sauce arrived, my chicken feets and other dim sums were cold. They were just okay, massively produced for the large number of customers. They lacked of delicacy in the overall preparation. I would say Kam Fung is more a restaurant to stuff your stomach rather than a restaurant who please your palate and heart ( don't we forget the meaning of Dim Sum = touch the heart!)
One suggestion to Kim Fung, is to have more consideration for your customers and to hire more waiters ( we only see 3 waiters for the huge restaurant regardless the cart ladies).
People kept on coming to Kim Fung because it's huge and there are not so many other Dim Sum restaurants (like in other part of the world). From my point of view, I would also add that people are coming here out of choice! I hope that one fine day, a Truly Good Dim Sum restaurant will open and raise the bar!

Veronica K, Manager at Kam Fung, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. In fact we did hired more staffs during the summer season due to the fact that we see our business is growing. We will train our waiters to pay more attention to our clients needs. And yes, Kam Fung is more a family restaurant than a high class restaurant. We try to provide good food, improve our efficiency in service, maintain the restaurant presentation and at the same time keeping our price reasonable. Thank you again
Stockholm
“Good food but the service sucked”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We were 4 adults and 2 children and we really enjoyed the food once we actually got it. I do really recommend the dim sum and the scallops. The pad thai was average. However the service was below average and it took forever to get what we ordered - and even then they missed some of it…

• Visited July 2012
East Hanover, New Jersey
“one of the better tasting dim sum i have tasted...”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Went for Dim Sum on a Saturday morning before the crowd... it was great, straight in and was seated immediately... the servers were efficient and the trolleys were around frequent since it wasn't busy yet... the food was fresh and i can admit that it is one of the better dim sum i have ever tasted... and i am from NYC... would def recommend for travelers if you are in the area... by the time we left, there was a queue and the parking lot was full, so i'd advise to go early...