“Could be so much better.”

Best Western Hotel Brossard
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Brossard
Ottawa, Canada
“Could be so much better.”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were disappointed with our room. It was damp and uncomfortable. There was a massive parking lot outside our bedroom. An outside sitting area would have been nice. The breakfast buffet was a total bust. I do not know who gave them the Plus but it is an exaggeration for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Plus7746, General Manager at Best Western Hotel Brossard, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Sir/Mme.

I would to thank you for taking time to write about us on your recent stay with us here at Best Western Plus Brossard and apologize for not meeting your expectation.

I have to say we often get crowed in the breakfast area during busy summer season although we strongly emphasize on our cleanness in all of our guest rooms. I will definitely share your comment with our head housekeeper to further investigate the condition you had experienced in your room and I would definitely want you to give us another chance to have you with us so we can exceed your expectation.

thanks again & wish you a good rest of summer 2013.

General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at Best Western Brossard for two nights from July 19th to 21st. We booked via Hotwire as we wanted a hotel with free parking, breakfast and wireless and I couldn't find anything in downtown Montreal offering that.

Would I come back? For sure, if I could find another great deal from hotwire or from the hotel directly.

OVERALL:

I really liked this hotel for the price I paid (booked 2 months in advance). It's a small 2 floor hotel/motel in the suburbs of Montreal but very clean and comfortable.
We had 2 rooms here (#237 and #245, no side by side rooms available). One with 2 queen beds and no fridge, one with a king bed, a sofa bed and a fridge.

SERVICE/AMMENITIES:

Service was very good. All staff could speak English well and were always willing to help. In particular, Terrence (I believe this is his name, the employee with Asian background) provided excellent support, offering to help when I was having issues to place an order over the phone with Boston Pizza (no one there could speak English!!!). Great customer service from this guy, could be working on any high class hotel.

Parking was free around the building. We never felt unsafe there.
Internet worked very well from the room and lobby.
The breakfast was really good, considering Best Westerns usually provide a continental breakfast only. Fruits, cereal, toasts, muffins, waffle machine, eggs, bacon, french toast. There were 3 different types of coffee (regular, decaff and french vanilla).

Hotel had a small indoor pool; we went for a swim on both days. On the first day, we saw noodles, a big ball and boards for the kids. On the second day, when my son went to ask someone at Reception, he was told the hotel didn't have that (?).
Hotel has washing machines but we didn't use them.
There's also a fitness room on the second floor overseeing the pool but my key wasn't able to open it and I didn't bother fixing that at reception.
Hotel has 2 computers in the lobby available for use, connected to a local printer. This was useful for me to print a couple of pages on information for Notre Dame and St. Joseph Oratory.

LOCATION:
Location is ok if you're driving (I wouldn't stay here without a car at all), 10 to 15 minutes from downtown Montreal by car. The hotel is on a highway. There's a Boston Pizza across the street, a few other restaurants within walking distance and an Esso gas station within a 2 minute walk with a convenience station and a Tim Horton’s there.
There's a Costco down the highway (2.5 km straight drive to your right, leaving the hotel) and I bought beer there for so cheap (almost half price compared to the price in Ontario).

CLEANLINESS:
The hotel and room were very clean, no complaints here at all. When we came back after the first day, the room smelled so fresh and I believe it had been vacuumed as well. Great job from cleaning staff!!!

ROOM:
Good sized room with a working desk and comfortable chair. As mentioned above, very clean. The sofa bed was horrible and I have seen other reviews on tripadvisor indicating the same. The hotel needs to fix this ASAP. After the first day, my 2 kids told me they couldn't sleep there well the night before. When I tried, I saw how bad it was. The 4 of us slept on the king bed on the second night. I mentioned that to reception as I was checking out. The king bed is very comfortable.

Room has a LCD TV with very few English channels and very few channels overall (compared to other hotels), I am glad we had our laptop with Netflix to entertain the kids before bed time.

VALUE:
Staying here for around CAN 100.00 a night in the summer, I think it was a great deal as it includes free parking and breakfast (which can be expensive with 2 kids). On the hotel website, the price was around CAN 160.00 for the nights we stayed in. I don't think I would pay that much.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with 2 queen beds if possible. The sofa bed is extremely uncomfortable.
Dear Sir/Mme.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking time to write about us on your recent stay here with us at Best Western Plus Brossard.

We appreciate it so much for evaluating us high on our customer service. you are a "one good motivation" for our team that why we should continue to strive great customer service and apologize for discomfort that you had experienced with one of our sofa bed. we are well aware of the condition of bed and we are looking into replacement of all our sofa beds this coming fall.

I thank you again for your comments and certainly wish to serve you again in near future.

best regards.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel was awesome, pool was super, room was really nice and comfy!! The staff was really nice and helpful. The breakfast was very good!! I really like that we got a good deal for Tickets to Parc Safari and hotel in a combo!!

Dear Sir/Mme.

Thank you so much for your great review on your recent stay with us here at Best Western Plus Brossard. We are so delighted that you were able to enjoy your stay with us as well the services, amenities we provided were meeting your expectations. I would like to also assure you that we are going to continue to work hard to strive excellent customer service.
Thanks again for your business and review and wish you a wonderful rest of the summer 2013.

General manager.
Newfoundland Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Beds are fabulous, great location for the Vermont or New York border. Small breakfast area if the hotel is busy, go early or late. Very convenient if you want to avoid staying in downtown Montreal, and lots of shopping nearby.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank grapplegrommett
Plus7746, General Manager at Best Western Hotel Brossard, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Sir/Mme.

Thank you very much for your reviews on your recent stay with us here at Best Western Plus Brossard.
we are delighted that you were able to enjoy and discover our service,amenities we offer and advantage of our location. we will continue to work hard to strive excellent customer service to exceed our guests' expectations.

Thanks again, wish you a wonderful summer of 2013!

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night last week and found the staff to be very friendly, the food for breakfast fresh and plentiful, the room very clean.

Nothing to complain about!!!

The gal that looked after breakfast was amazing, hard working and calm and really deserve a big 'thank you'!

Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Plus7746, General Manager at Best Western Hotel Brossard, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Mme,

Thank you so much for your beautiful comment on your recent stay us here at Best Western Plus Brossard. Reading your comment was such a encouragement and motivation to continue to work hard to exceed and meet all our guests expectation. I will definitely share your comment with all of our staff, especially with our Breakfast attendant and give them a big applaud for their hard work.
Thanks again, looking forward to serve you again in very near future.

Wish you a great summer of 2013.

Canada
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We booked for a one night stay and it was ok for us. Clean room and free basic breakfast. Well situated but it has an old motel feel thats been renovated but its ok. Free parking is a plus because if you are looking for a hotel in Montreal you will have to pay 25$ just to park.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir/Mme.

Thank you very much for sharing your feed back about your recent stay with us here at Best Western Plus Brossard. I just want to ensure you that we will continue to work hard to strive excellent customer service and maintain all our guests expectation.
I truly value your opinion and certainly looking forward to serve you again in near future.
I wish you a great summer.

Sainte-Catherine, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night in December. We stayed in a suite which had a huge hot tub which was really nice. The location is great since it is walking distance from Mcdonalds, Tim Hortons, Boston pizza, Belle Province and Cage au Sport. The breakfast included eggs, bacon, cereal, yogurts muffins and big waffles which were delicious. Over all this was a great stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kayla L
Plus7746, General Manager at Best Western Hotel Brossard, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Sir/Mme.

I would like to thank you for taking time to write about us on your recent stay with us here at Best Western Plus in Brossard.
I am glad that you you were able to enjoy your stay and we were delighted to be your chosen hotel during your recent stay. Thank you for such a great review. We strive to perfect our services by reading your comments.We hope that you experienced exceptional service as intended by our Management and Staff.

I certaintely hope to serve you again in near future.
If you have any questions or concern, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Jinnie Kang
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brossard
Hotel Brossard
Econo Lodge Brossard
Econo Lodge Brossard
#7 of 10 in Brossard
Hotel Dauphin Montreal - Longueuil

Been to Best Western Hotel Brossard? Share your experiences!