“Poor Quality Room and very Arrogant Staff.....stay away from this Hotel”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Brossard
Reviewed September 6, 2011

When asked for extra sugar and coffee/tea, staff told me to go to Grocery store.

Rooms are not inspected, as mine had plumbing problems and lights were not working.
Instead of fixing the problems, Front Desk asked me why were the lights not working.
No one came to fix the lights or plumbing for 24 hours.

Complimentary breakfast is very limited, and the menu has bold titles, asking for TIPS. Menu is very carb oriented, so you can forget about getting your proteins from this so called freebie breakfast.

When followed up by hotel management, they were very arrogant and did not want to be compared to other hotels.

Overall a poor deal.

Room Tip: You risk getting a room with problems, and worst is they do not come to fix it and become defensive.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank NPSINGH
Montrealgirl03, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Dear npsingh,

I would like to take this opportunity, once again, to apologize for your unpleasant experience with us at the Quality Inn & Suites Brossard. Your experience with our hotel is not the type of service we strive for with all of our guests. All of our staff have been made aware of everything that had happened during your stay, and I can assure you that these incidences will not happen again.

We appreciate your comments and feedback concerning our breakfast choices. We will be taking all of your comments into consideration as we do with all of our guests.

After our many communications, I am glad we were able to come to a mutual agreement.

Thank you again for taking the time to write and we hope that you stay with us on your next visit to Brossard.

Moira Paterson, CHA

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Montreal hotels are expensive. This is a reasonably prices family friendly hotel, just across the bridge on the south shore. The rooms were large and attractive and had a fridge. The indoor pool kept the kids happy, there are several good family restaurants in walking distance, and the included breakfast was better than most.
For a romantic getaway to Montreal I'd stay downtown, but for a family trip, this is a great choice and I'd certainly go back again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Close to shopping restaurants and short drive to downtown Montreal.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I found a very reasonable rate for this hotel on Booking.com because my child was attending a hockey school in the area it was an excellent rate for the week long stay. The hotel provides free internet and free parking and was very close to the arena. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room was large, which really is a factor when you are away from home for awhile and you also have hockey gear to drag around with you. However the pictures you see on their website are a little deceiving, i was put in a ground floor room which at first was not a big deal until we settled in the room and opened our drapes...anyone walking by would look in the window which I felt was very disturbing and a little creepy.(the hotel parking lot is shared with a very large mall parking lot next door.) so I kept the curtains closed for the week.Also the walls were very thin and you could hear voices all through the night plus the constant slamming of doors at all hours was not really great for sleep. One of the problems that I also encountered was the fact that I had to continually go to the front desk to get our room key cards re magnetized ...that becomes a huge pain when you get back from a long day at the rink and you cannot get into your room and you have to walk all around to the front of the building to access the front desk.Included with our stay was a free breakfast which was a really great perk to have for a child heading off to a day of hockey.

Room Tip: Find out where your room is located ,hotel has been redone,ask for the newer section.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2011

This place is very nice for the price we paid. We enjoyed the excellent free breakfast. The public areas (lobby) looked like in an unfinished renovation state but we didn't mind. The hotel is very well located, lots of restaurants and a big shopping center around.

When checking in I was expecting some problems because one of my night was a reward night with Choice Privilege and the other was a stand reservation. Now, I don't know why but it is a standard issue with Choice, with two types of reservation they are never able to book it on the same room. But usually the hotel personnel fix that easily when checking in. But not this time. As expected the employee at the reception desk told me that I had to change rooms during my stay. I asked her if she could fix the problem so that I could stay in the same room during my stay. But instead of trying to help me, she was rude and started to lecture me on the fact that I was unable to properly make a reservation. I explained that I was a frequent client with Choice and that I was used to this type of situation, and explained how she could easily fix the problem, just by switching my second night room in her system. She then changed her explanations and said that the computer system was bugged. I found that this was a very poor explanation. She really had a bad attitude and ended the conversation by handing me the manager's business card and told me to filled a complain if I was not happy.

The next morning I went again to the front desk trying to fix the situation and I found the most helpfull and pleasing employee who told me that there was nothing wrong with the computer system, and she implied that maybe the employee I dealt with the night before was not well trained on the reservation system. She tried different ways to solve my problem and stayed very polite. She explained that the hotel was booked to the rim and that she couldn't switch my room for the following night.

My conclusion to this episode is that this hotel management l should not hire personnel who are short tempered and that they should provide the right training to their personnel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SamuelChamplain
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I am rating this excellent - because it is excellent for a three star hotel - it is what is to be expected and a little more. Normally we I like to stay right in Montreal when we go, but it was a Formula I weekend so this was the last reasonably priced place to stay. I am glad we chose to stay here. Pluses - First the staff is so nice and helpful - especially Susie? who is a real sweetie. They were nicer than at the fancy hotel we stayed at last time. They will answer all your questions, give you change if you need it, directions, whatever. Our room was clean, it had two queen beds so it was a good sized room - bed very comfortable. It looked like the photo they post online. Free parking! The free breakfast had four choices cooked from a menu not continental, food was tasty if you want to buy something else they give you a discount. The express bus to Montreal is directly across the street. Even thought the place was booked solid I heard very little noise. Across the street is also a mall, many stores, very walkable, very safe, a place across the street is called Le Scratch - loud billiards place with big beers and waitresses that are dressed sexy and friendly - food not great and it was loud - but my husband loved it, of course.
Minuses - For the hotel - There is absolutely no ambience to the area - your mall type area with lots of concrete. If you want charm and ambience this isn't your place. We couldn't get the wireless to work for us. The towels were kind of scratchy, no robe (didn't ask for one though). The main issue for me was taking the bus into Montreal. We like nightlife and hanging out in the city and it takes time to get to the Terminus find the place you need to get the bus, Terminus is pretty confusing, and then if you stay late there is a HUGE long line for the bus back. So we didn't want to stay out too late in Montreal the second night for that reason. Also, I found the staff in the restaurant to be kind of surly. We don't speak French and I had to return my eggs because they weren't what I explained (language barrier!) they were kind of annoyed. Then gave me the wrong eggs again, and I just ate them anyway. The next day, same deal, they don't want to answer your menu questions (note - it was busy), I wanted to order something different from the menu - I just picked the free meal and went with it. It did taste good and it was free.

I would recommend this place for someone who is staying for business, wants a good value, cool about taking a bus or cabs, or possibly families. I would stay again if I couldn't find any reasonably priced nice places in the city or if I took the kids.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2010

When i booked a weekend stay at this hotel i chose it because of the price and the fact that breakfast was included. I was also able to get a military discount which reduced the cost even more (CAA also accepted). As well, the let us extend out check out time to 12 instead on 11am on sunday morning.
The hotel room was a little dated but still looked clean and simple. We got a king size bed which was very comfortable, though i disliked that it had no douvet cover. (Just a simple blue cover over white sheets.)
There was no street noise and the black out curtains worked perfectly.
My only complaint was that the washroom was small and looked the most dated. The tiles were starting to crack a little.
The biggest positive was the breakfast. Not only was a hot breakfast included in the room rate, but you also got to order what you wanted (out of 5 options) and it was made and served on the spot.
The location was great; Brossard happened to be an active town with a great night life.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brossard
Best Western Hotel Brossard
Econo Lodge Brossard
Econo Lodge Brossard
#7 of 10 in Brossard
Hotel Dauphin Montreal - Longueuil

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!