“Great Vietnamese food and no MSG”
Review of Sao Sao

Sao Sao
Ranked #69 of 213 Restaurants in Brossard
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
La Prairie, Canada
“Great Vietnamese food and no MSG”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great little restaurant, very clean and great light inside. The table a well apart. The service is friendly and quite fast, I gone there more than 10 times and I never had to wait more than 15 minutes for my order.
It's one of the best imperial roll I have ever tasted it, everything taste fresh and good.
The price are reasonable. And they do takeout.
The parking is not that great.

• Visited May 2014

Montreal, Canada
“Stay on the menu if pressed for time”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

This place is well located at the intersection of Taschereau Boulevard and Autoroute 10, next to Kim Phat supermarket. Yes, the service is slow. In fact, you could order a 30 minute pizza delivery and odds are you will still not be served.

But the food is good, prices are more than reasonable. Just don't order off the menu. The meals on the lunch menu are prepared in advance and only need reheating to be served. I know this because the meal was cooked but served cold at my last meal. My friend ordered off the menu. Fortunately we had more than an hour to spare that day.

If you appreciate this information, please give me a helpful vote

• Visited June 2014
Longueuil, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too long of wait.”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

As a consistent once a month customer of this establishment, we were left waiting for over 35 minutes for our Vietnamese soup. The wait times, I have noticed, are beginning to become longer as they seem to favour their customer base who order non soup meals. The plates of chicken and such came out at a steady few plates per 5 minutes yet the soup for all the clients seemed to only be an after thought.

We used to come to this establishment because of their fresh beef slices and sadly now, they seem to have followed the trend of giving frozen fondue meat.

I used to recommend this establishment but now I may begin searching for a new Vietnamese soup restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Alexander B
Burlington, Vermont
“very bad customer service”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

the food is very good here
but the employees really need serious help
i sat at the table, the waiter came over to me and asked me what i wanted
i told him i want to order some food
he then came back and pushed the menu into my chest, and didnt even pay attention to handing it to me
i then ordered e4 and a2
i asked him if i can get more water
once again he got it and set it on table without even acknowledging if my food is ok
he never asked if the food was good or not
i then went to pay for my food, it was 15.xx i put a 20 and a 5 on the counter and was reaching for my change , when he grabbed the 20 very quickly and made me change,
at this point i am very frustrated with him, i put all the change into my pocket and start towards the door, i didnt know but he followed me and he said sir next time leave a tip.
i started to tell him off, what kind of a inconsiderate scum would even say that after knowing he gave me horrible service
i started to yell in the restaurant at him ,and then they asked me to leave
by the way this is the 2nd time that i have had bad customer service there
but i love the food
if they knew how to be waiters then they should deserve to receive tips
but they have very bad customer service at this restaurant

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank PilipinasTurismo
Montreal, Canada
“Great price, great service, good food!”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Great place to have a decent meal. I usually have a large grilled chicken Pho with an order of imperial rolls as appetizer.

Always satisfying, the price is always there, very friendly and polite staff. You are never left unattended even if the restaurant is very busy.

I am glad this place is so close to home. The weeknight special on the Pho can't be beat!

The only down side, is that sometimes, the imperial rolls seem to have been overcooked.

• Visited November 2013