“Two thumbs up, Amazing experience”
Review of Rouge

Rouge
Ranked #32 of 215 Restaurants in Brossard
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2010

We heard that there was a new chic asian restaurant that opened up in Brossard and was reluctant to try it because of the reviews on this site until one of our friends told us that it's a must to try it out. We took their advice and boy were we happy we did. The service was friendly and the food was amazing and decor was breath taking. I don't know about the other reviewers, but the general tao was the meatiest (breast only) and the best we have ever tasted. Actually, there was a minimum amount of breading in all of breaded dishes in our menus. We are also talking about freshness, quality and quantity, we were 6 and we all had a cute asian take-out box to bring home. Great experience and we all wanted to tell our friends about it. I would recomend it to any one who loves asian cuisine, you won't regret it.

2  Thank hole-in-1one
There are newer reviews for Rouge

Reviewed November 12, 2009

I was attracted by the nice looking decor and modern, young look of the restaurant from the outside, so decided to give it a try with my partner last night. The first thing I noticed was that there were very few people in the restaurant. I figured this was no big deal as it was getting late for a Thursday (around 8.40pm). However it was hard to ignore the raucous sounds of a big crowd over at the Italian restaurant next door.

We were seated in a booth and served quickly. The waiter was friendly enough and we asked him for some recommendations of popular dishes. I eventually decided on salt and pepper squid (starter) and General Tao chicken. He then mindlessly walked off before my partner could place her order. Very strange indeed. We tried to get his attention but he did not return until he brought out my starter. My partner didn't mind, she said she'll just get a main and ordered the orange beef dish. I reminded the waiter that he forgot our drinks.

So I started munging into the calamari. It initially seemed quite nice. However I soon realised that I was literally eating mouthful upon mouthful of saturated fat. The rings were mostly batter and were heavily salted. I was pissed that I didn't have a drink to wash it down with.

Eventually the main meals came out. The waiter again forgot our drinks. The meals were absolutely grotesque. My chicken consisted of massive "chicken" balls that were deep friend and contained only a small amount of chicken in the center (a mix of batter and chicken). The balls were drenched in sweet and sour sauce (hooray for originality of flavours). I ate about 1/3 of my meal and felt like I'd put on about 3 kilos on the spot.

My girlfriend's orange beef was even worse, she hardly touched it. It was a mountain of dried deep fried beef, again saturated in some sweet sauce. It looked like someone had poured an entire tray of those disgusting shopping mall MSG infested dishes onto her plate (and topped it off with a few cuts of salad).

We did not bother complaining about the food as we already felt sick, unhappy and wanted to try make amends by rushing off to the movie theater before it closed.

The place looked nice but I honestly would not take my dog to this restaurant.

1  Thank daburone1
Reviewed December 1, 2008

My family and I celebrated my birthday at Rouge this past weekend and we had a really nice night out there. I didn't expect the decor to be as modern and it had a very zen feel to it. Most of us took the table d'hote (ranging from $24-28) - which included a soup, appetizer, main meal, dessert and coffee. A very good deal for what you get - Plus the portions are very generous. I had the Salt & Pepper Shrimp and it was to die for!!!! The shrimps were huge and were so tasty!!!! My dad had the calamari as the entree and it was delicious. My mom had the Seafood Nest - We were impressed at how generous they were with their seafood.... My brother had the Pad Thai ~ there was a mountain of noodles - (wish it was a little more spicy) - SErvice was friendly - We stayed quite late and the waitress did not rush us - Overall, our experience was a truly pleasant one. Will definitely be back.

1  Thank briannalewis
Reviewed October 8, 2008

Really good restaurant with beautiful decor! Drove all the way from the West Island and was not disappointed one bit. Generous portions and the prices are extremely reasonable. General Tao is a must! I love this dish, but find that the batter usually overwhelms small morsels of chicken - not the case here! The service is a bit delayed, but understandable for a new restaurant - definitely well worth the wait! Will make another visit to Brossard soon.

West Island Foodie

1  Thank WestIslandFoodie
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 17, 2008

A very chic resto, but when it comes to food... Oh please sell some furniture so you can hire a chef cook!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook