“Stay like locals”

Hotel Dorval - Beausejour Apartments
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Dorval
Reviewed June 5, 2014

After reading many reviews I booked this hotel for 3 nights. It is a preperty for long stay and in residential area and you get is one bedroom suite with fullly equipped kitchenette. Airport pick up and drop is only on arrival and departure. In between no shuttle available for airport. Carpet needed cleaning but otherwise rooms were ok. Airconditioner was very small for the size of room. Luckily you can open the window to get fresh air and may not need airconditioning. Make sure to keep the nets on to avoid mosquitos entering the rooms. There is a small balcony so that you can get fresh air. Mall with convenience store, pharmacy and even a large Wallmart is walking distance away. If you buy unlimited travel pass for 3 days ($18) you can take a bus on route 211 of STM from Carson Roy stop which is 5 minutes walking distance away, every 10-15 minutes to nearest metro station Lionel Groulx in 30 minutes and on metro network can visit any place in downtown Montreal in 40 minutes. You dont need any shuttle for this mobility. Even on return from downtown, it is the same connection. Coffee, cream buscuits and water is complementary in their office on first floor. You can also call a taxi from the phone on ground floor. Overall I recommend this property if you are for long stay, on budget and would like to cook your food.

Room Tip: Choose lower floor if you have heavy luggage as there is no elevator
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rajandani
hoteldorval, Manager at Hotel Dorval - Beausejour Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us.

We work hard to exceed our guests' expectations so that they may have a great stay with us and in turn recommend the hotel to their family and friends.

Again, we are grateful that you took the time to post your review on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcome you.

Maria G Alanis

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed here for 26 days. I like it the only complaint is they didn't have a lift,I was on the 3rd so I didn't have anyone above me the staff was very helpful n friendly I booked a studio and they upgraded me to a 1 bedroom apartment very spacious. The mall is like 10 minutes away. I will be going back there again. Thank you for your hospitality. Im from London,England

• Stayed: March 2014
hoteldorval, Manager at Hotel Dorval - Beausejour Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taken the time to write about us! Your comments and greatly appreciated.
For your next visit we could assign an apartment on the first or second floor. Please let us know and we will do it! :)

We look forward to welcome you, and thank you for choosing us to be your home away from home.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Great apartments near the airport-we had family of 2adults 3 children and grandma and great grandma. Suited all of us-lots of room especially for the kids.The grannies had a room each and nor got upgraded to be near the rest of the family on arrival.
Lots of eating choices near bye within walking distance

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Misha-oz
hoteldorval, Manager at Hotel Dorval - Beausejour Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments! We all are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcome you in the future.

Maria

Reviewed March 21, 2014

The overnight stay at the Beausejour apartment hotel was excellent, but for the fact that it has no elevator and if you have heavy luggage (as I did) it will be a challenge to get these to your room. On the other hand, the service is superb and the staff go out of their way to make your stay a pleasant one. I had an overnight stay (to catch an early morning plane out of Dorval) and when I arrived at the airport, they picked us up (the receptionist also works as the chauffeur, and she was one busy lady on the night we checked in, as there were many people arriving). In spite of the hectic schedule, she was extremely pleasant and patient as well as very efficient. I also had the fortune of having been upgraded to a one bedroom suite (I had booked for a studio) which was very well furnished ( I wished I had stayed a few more days!). The rooms were clean, well equipped and had a comfortable night's sleep. Request for airport dropoff at 4 am was executed with efficiency and courtesy. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone, but specially if you are travelling light.

Room Tip: If you have heavy luggage, ask for a room on the lower floors, as they do not have an elevator (this...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rama N

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! Your comments are really appreciated,
We look forward to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Comfortable and convenient to the airport. Kitchen utensils and pots need replaced. We had to buy some of our own in order to cook a full meal.. No tea towels provided so we bought some cheap ones from the dollar store. There is some airport noise and you can hear the other tenants walking and showering and talking. Pet friendly sowe brought our little dog. We stayed a month so it was nicer comfort than a hotel room. Clean enough but not like I would clean so I did clean it bit. Staff friendly laundry was on site so that was good. Coat is expensive because of our extended stay but we got a small deal, not enough though.. All in all, good location and family comfort which is what we wanted. The rest we made do and improved ourselves. We would stay again no problem.They pick up and drop off to airport no charge. Just call them ..

Room Tip: Bring your own kitchen stuff if you can. Fridge is small but adequate. Nice mall two minutes away wi...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank 440Mary2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, and sorry for the delay in answering you!
I am really happy to hear that you had an overall pleasant stay with us. Regarding the kitchen utensils, we are continuously changing them. For your next visit, if you need any thing extra, pots, pans,just let us know and we will get them for you!

We look forward to welcome you.

Maria Alanis

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I recently stayed a night at Beausejour with my wife prior to an early flight out. A ton of space for the price and the people that work there are so helpful/bilingual. The free shuttle was very quick to the airport. I was worried that the planes taking off would be very loud but I slept like a baby. The rooms seemed close to brand new. There is no continental breakfast but there was coffee and cookies. I would highly recommend this hotel!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul M
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I spent several months in Montreal working on contract and had a limited budget for T&L. The Beausejour Apartment Hotel was booked for me the first week and I continued to stay there for the remaining months. Because I didn't stay through the weekend, I stayed in several apartments and can comment based on having stayed in about 5 or 6 (from a studio to a one bedroom and a two bedroom).

While the building is old and needs significant updating, it is clean, and depending on the booking, the apartments are spaceous and beds very comfortable (although the pillows could be firmer!). The neighbourhood is quiet after Dorval airport flights stop (usually around 10pm). There are ammenities very close - a grocery store and drug store within a 5 minute walk, a mall with some large stores and a liquor store about 10 minutes away by foot. There is a pub about a 3 minutes walk away and and a nice little Italian restaurant around the corner.

The kitchens are reasonably well equipped...you don't go there to make gourmet meals. A microwave, toaster and oven are all available for reheating or cooking food. The pots and pans are old and in my opinion should be replaced. Dinnerware and glasses are adequate. Not all the kitchens have sink plugs so doing dishes can be challenging because you can't fill a sink to wash. Dish cloths are available but dish detergent and dish towels are not, but should be.

The iron and ironing board in some of the units were not satisfactory.

The bathrooms were clean, but tired; there were not enough surfaces to put toiletries. The hot water supply is good. Towels, soap and shampoo are supplied.

Internet is free but depending on bandwidth use sometimes cuts out. I did not make use of the treadmill in the basement....to say there is an excercise room is a bit of a stretch.

Parking is adequate; the walk to and from can be treacherous but ...hey this is Canada!

Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Because this is an apartment hotel, there is no 'front desk' but staff are on site from 7am to 11pm during which they are available by calling them.

Overall a nice place to call 'home away from home.'

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank ATG G
hoteldorval, Manager at Hotel Dorval - Beausejour Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Guest!

We have taken good notes of our weakest points and we will do our best to improve them!

Best Regards,

Maria G. Alanis

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Comfort Inn Aeroport
#5 of 8 in Dorval
Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport
#121 of 166 in Montreal
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Aloft Montreal Airport
Aloft Montreal Airport
#54 of 166 in Montreal

Been to Hotel Dorval - Beausejour Apartments? Share your experiences!