“would have liked more time”

Hotel Dorval - Beausejour Apartments
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Dorval

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We were glad to fall asleep - the dismal condition of the whole place, the untidyness, the shabby rooms were the wrong sort of eyeopener. Caio forever. It's hard to believe that this hotel get's such high ratings at hotel.com et al.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank OzzyDew
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed one night on route from tremblant to Toronto.
On arrival , reception on first floor which you contact via phone from lobby, unusual but got prompt response from reception. Beware no lift, did not bother us too much as had two teenagers to carry luggage..
We has a two room apartment, first impression very large, clean and tidy, large plasma tv.
Lots of towels, etc. but furniture a bit dated looking.
Negative points... When we finally got the shower to work we found it very difficult to regulate the temperature.
The kitchen looked clean but when we went to cook we found all crockery ,cooker and utensils very greasy and dirty and had to wash all before use, having no dish washer or washing liquid available this was a challenge.
Breakfast was included and continental, had a good choice of bread,croissants,cereal,yogurts and fruit, very adequate.
Overall, cheap and comfortable for a night but the kitchens need a good overhaul and updating.

Room Tip: Adequate for one night, good restaurants near by,close to airport
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Cary
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I was going to stay there for three weeks starting June 24, 2012. I got there and after sending a deposit via email a week before I arrived, I get there and my key didn't work because they had never process the payment!! They gave me a temporary key for one day. When I questioned why my payment was not processed they seemed confused and never acknowledged my inconvenience and later questioned response. The next day my son has a temper tantrum and our dog started barking and I was called by management saying my dog was barking all night and walking around. I told them that was impossible as the dog stays in a cage at night in our bedroom. Next day I got in an accident on their (parking lot - it was my fault). I asked them could they arrange to pick up my kids from the YMCA . They said NO!! Later that day I was asked to leave the hotel by the owner – Marie. I had no where to go with two kids and a dog ( I am from North Carolina). They were going to give me until the next day, but once I told them I was putting this on the internet they gave me four hours to leave. Interesting to note, that I stayed in a chain hotel who accepts dogs with no compliants.
The hotel-apartment is old. The building is located in a questionable area with graffiti. The renovations are minimum as the dining room furniture was from the 80’s, the kitchen cabinets were painted over white and the bedrooms seemed to be lacking a television. Further, the location is not ideal as anyone wishing to get downtown by public transit has to take a bus (over 40 minutes) and then one or two subway stops depending on where you are going. If you are traveling to downtown via car, be warned that there is a lot of construction and the lanes are very narrow (as of June/July 2012).
I wanted to stay here because I thought I would be saving money. It actually cost me a lot more money. Not to mention aggravation, angst, and a whole lot of scrambling to pull the vacation back from the brink.
I have lodged a formal compliant with Quebec Department of Tourism (to verify call 514-873-2015) and will be seeking legal remedy from the court system. An aside note, they just filed in May 2012 to be a hotel – apartment. They have not been fully cleared by the Canadian government yet.
In short, do yourself, your family, and your dog a favor stay in a recognizable chain hotel that stands behind their brand name – pay the extra $20 - $30 and sleep with peace and knowing how much your stay will cost!!!!

Room Tip: Stay at a brand hotel. At least you will know what your getting .....
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank t_momCary
hoteldorval, Manager at Hotel Dorval - Beausejour Apartments, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. Please find below a copy of our answer send to you.
She made her reservation directly with us and as she was staying with us for 22 nights, we offer her a special rate of 70.00$ per night plus taxes, and as we are a pet friendly hotel we told her that a supplement of 25.00$ for the pet will be charged. When she made her reservation, we asked for her CC details in order to guarantee her apartment. At the time of her arrival Sunday night, one of our employees made her check- in and asked her to come the next morning to the office to make her payment. I introduced myself on Monday morning and asked for the payment. She told me that she will make a deposit of 300$, and that she will make another payment on the 30th, which we agreed on. I talked to her and she asked me if the driver could take her and her son to the ____, I told her that unfortunately we couldn’t as we have other commitments with our guests and we only drive people back and forth from the airport and some companies within the area. She was not very happy and I did apologize for this. She left in her car with her son and left her dog all day alone in the apartment. During all my conversation with her, she seemed to me very aggressive and nervous.
The dog didn’t stop barking during the entire day, and when she returned that evening we talked to her and told her that we have had several complaints from other guests staying with us and that we need to find a good solution for all.
Next day around noon she came to the office and asked to talk to the Manager ( unfortunately I was not there to help her), as she had had an accident at our parking lot and she complained that it was our fault, as she by mistake pressed the accelerator and not the brake. ( Please find attached the pictures of her accident) When the police arrived at the hotel, they demanded her to take the dog back to the apartment as the dog was aggressive with them and they instructed our staff not to talk to her as she was very aggressive too. The police officer gave our staff a file number in case we need it. File number _____

She came to the office again and stated that she wanted us to pay for the damages she made to her car, again saying that it was our fault the accident she had.
I also learned that she had been screaming at all of our employees, housekeeping, driver, etc. And around 2pm, I called her and I tried to talk to her, but again she was very aggressive, she told me that she will go on the internet , etc and will describe all her issues she had with us. I did apologize again and I told her that it was very unfortunate that we couldn’t meet her expectations and after two days with us and after all the complaints we received from the employees and guests, I would kindly ask her to leave the property. She told me that I would regret asking her to leave as she will sue me and the hotel, that I didn’t know what I have done, as this will cost us a fortune.
At 6:00 pm, she arrived back at the hotel, she packed all her belongings and left. ( again the dog was left alone at the apartment and didn’t stop barking)
On June 28, she send us an email asking for the refund of the night she didn’t stay with us. We immediately made the refund and called her telling her that all was done. Once again she told our receptionist that she wanted me to know that I will regret that I asked her to leave.
We are sorry that we couldn’t meet her expectations, however after all the circumstances encountered during her two days stay with us, we felt that this was the best solution for us and for all our guests. We don’t feel that we should give her any type of compensation she is asking for, our attitude towards her was at all times correct and polite.
Should you require any additional information, please feel free to contact me at any time.
Kind Regards,

Maria Alanis
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is an apartment block converted into hotel-type accommodation. As such, there are a variety of different sized rooms (apartments) all containing the essentials (kitchen, bathroom,TV etc.) The majority of rooms have a balcony.

I have stayed here twice now, and couldn't be more impressed! Not only is the price low for what you get (a lot of hotel rooms (where you only get one room to yourself) are a lot more expensive!), it is convenient for transport (local buses stop at the end of the street, and very close to the airport), although a shuttle service is provided to and from the airport by hotel staff (very welcome!). The local shopping mall is only a 10 minute walk away

On my last trip, I initially booked a studio-style apartment to save on costs, but when I got there, I was offered a two bedroom apartment for no extra cost! The staff are very friendly and helpful, if you need to know anything about the local area, just ask and they will endeavour to help as much as possible.

The only slight downside is that this is a three-storey block with no lift, so you have to cart your cases up and down stairs, but this is a minor inconvenience when the rooms are so spacious!

I will definitely be returning here should I visit Montréal again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alan L
Dallas, Georgia
Reviewed June 26, 2012

the apartment is close to the airport but in a not so nice neighborhood. the first room we were given was a single room with a kitchennette. However, after we settled in, we realized the window A/C didn't work. it was 97 F! the whole room was infested with mosquitoes! But the person in chage moved us to a bigger suite at 10 at night! The breakfast is adequate.
the location is convenient to downtown as well. a 2 minute walk took us to a bus stop that terminated at the train line to downtown. We got this information from Angie.
They will be a great place, if they can upgrade the rooms. Not luxury but just make it feel fresh!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Hotel Dorval - Beausejour Apartments, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us!
We were really sorry to hear the issue in your apartment. We took good note of what happened immediately so this type of issue doesn’t happen again.
We are slowly renewing our apartments and I can say that we have remodeled 50% of them so far; we put some fresh carpet, plasma TV, and new linen. We will continue the remodeling all of them slowly but steady.
I hope to see you back soon at ou property and you can experience our new apartments.

Thank you again!

Maria G. Alanis
Manager
Chillan, Chile
Reviewed May 13, 2012

When I first saw the Hotel, I thought to myself, did I get lost? I was so amazed that the room is very spacious. There's a few things that need some renovation, but for me it's ok. The room is very clean, we had the one with balcony and it is very close to the airport. They offer very good breakfast not just a coffee. I am just very sad that I didn't see Dianne before we checkout, she's my favorite breakfast lady. Very nice and friendly, she gave information where to go fishing and kayaking, bowling and so on, and we are very thankful for her support. The other guest told me she no longer work at the hotel because she went to school, just want to say good luck to her.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MiguelV333
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Quality Inn & Suites P.E. Trudeau Airport-Montreal
Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport
Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport
#125 of 163 in Montreal
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montreal Airport

Been to Hotel Dorval - Beausejour Apartments? Share your experiences!