“Great place for a group”
Review of PortoVino - CLOSED

PortoVino
Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Went for a birthday celebration and had a large oval table for 10 people and it was great not having to sit at a long table where you can only talk to the people beside you.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband and I frequent this restaurant because of the service and the food. The blackened salmon is always spot on. Most places that offer blackened salmon don't use the right spices nor do they put enough of the spices on the salmon. Two appetizers that we have requested on occasion, and very much enjoyed, are the "Brie Al Forno" and the " Rissoto/Mozzarella balls". Our salmon has always arrived hot (accompanied by veggies and mashed potatoes). Customers are welcome to ask for a different combination of side dishes. The arugula salad is both plentiful and tasty with a thin (square) slice of parmesan cheese on the top. Our usual waiters take the time to remember our favourite dishes along with our likes and dislikes. Gluten free pasta is also available. Bring your own wine and you are on your way. The herbal tea arrives in a generous sized pot.

Note to the "lunch goers"….The lunch menu was recently changed to allow customers to choose a smaller portion at a lesser cost. Reservations recommended for small groups and weekends.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We were a group of 21 individuals celebrating a friend's birthday.

With a blend of various cultures ranging from Italian, Lebanese, English, French and Greek, I can honestly say that we were please with the service, and quality of food that was being served.

Many of us ordered different entrees and main meals from the menu. I being Italian ordered and Italian dish and I must say that I was quite pleased with the quality of the food and portion received.

Once dinner was pretty much done, I decided to take my own personal survey before we proceeded to desert.

The general consensus was that we were all pleased with our food, both from a quality, portion and cost perspective.

The service could of been a little quicker but other than that, I can honestly say that we all had a great evening with good food and great friends at Porto Vino- Dorval.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

OMG - 23$ for a mediocre pizza! And almost 30$ for a seafood pasta that was way too overcooked and for which the sauce tasted like cheap canned tomato sauce at best!
This is supposed to be a fine Italian rest.!
Brought our own bday cake, charged 3$ cutting fee per slice...are they kidding me!
Got the charge reversed after speaking with the manager.
Service was good. It's a BYOW.
So many good restaurants out there...PLEASE avoid this one.
SO expensive for what you get.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Avoid this restaurant! it's overrated, and extremely expensive for the small and mediocre portions of food they serve. Not to mention that their service is really slow.