“A pleasant surprise.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I usually take a date their in the milder months when the outside Courtyard is open, nice ambiance. Food is pretty good too! Have not been disappointed...yet.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've passed this restaurant numerous times and it always looks full. We hadn't booked but this wasn't an issue and we were seated immediately. The food was good and the service very friendly.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We went here after reading the reviews and feeling like a nice Italian meal. I will admit that we were only 3 months off a vacation to Italy so expectations were high. I am of the opinion that you can't even claim to be an Italian restaurant if you don't make your own pasta.

The service was very slow, they seemed to be much busier than they could handle. That said, the staff were trying very hard, and the chef even came out with his hairnet helping to clear tables and keep things moving. Unfortunately this effort did not result in a payoff.

We ordered an appetizer platter to start, not much going on there. The artichokes were quite obviously straight out of the can, tomatoes and basil were alright but bland. I can let that go as greenhouse grown tomatoes are never all that great and it was early summer.

Main course was just not good enough. My wife had spaghetti, which was straight out of a box, and the sauce was quite possibly straight out of the jar. My daughter wasn't even very interested in this, and as a 3 yr old that eats spaghetti all the time she is usually not picky about it. Unfortunately of the two main courses, this was the best. I ordered the gnochhi, and for some reason had expectations of it being homemade and good. Well.....I was wrong....it was the same junk you can buy at the store that comes in a bag. Gummy, chewy, tasteless, and an utter dissapointment. Do not order the gnochhi if you must go here, I cannot stress enough.

The only sort of saving grace is that they offer wine at a reasonable price, $5 more than SAQ which is rare in the restuarant world. I almost wish they would charge more and use the extra funds to get some training for their chefs and buy some pasta machines. The downside of the less expensive wine is that it draws in some people that like to overdo it, and we saw some classless behavior from more than one patron.

1  Thank QC_Phoenix
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Good food, nothing mind blowing. Service was fine, although our waiter confessed to us how "green" he was, but everyone has to start somewhere! Italian food is tough to impress in this city. This place offers a solid choice, but unlike some other Italian restaurants......I found it missed the "WOW" factor. I rate it a 7.5/10

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I've eaten here about 5 or 6 times. Whenever we're in town that seems to be the go to place. I can't say I'm over-whelmed with the food; it has been good but the last time (July 2013) it was mediocre at best. The wine was excellent (as always) and that is the drawing card, their mark-up is only $5.00 over cost.
I find the menu out dated, I don't remember how many pages there were but it seemed to go on and on and on. I love Italian cuisine and frequent several places here at home and you just don't seem those endless menus any more.
We also found the entertainment out dated. There were five in our group, four women and one man and all we wanted to do was talk. We did not want to sing along nor to get up and dance. It was a very hot evening and unfortunately for us the patio was full. Having a lounge singer just seemed so passe. It could be the other reason that people flock to the outside patio.
The service was ok but I've had better, I guess most of the staff was busy outside.
Three in our group, live in the area and frequent the place; they all had pizza and if I go there again that will be my choice.
A good pizza and a great bottle of wine...you can't go wrong