“A good night's rest” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Dorval
Winnipeg, Canada
“A good night's rest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

You can take the airport shuttle to get here, it takes about 10 minutes.

The front desk service here is friendly and helpful-I wanted to try some Montreal poutine, and they printed me off a top ten list to find in Montreal. Mission successful.

The bar service was a slow, I found myself having to go to the bartender for refills, and there was only one other customer..

The bed was very nice and room was modern and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on your stay with us, much appreciated. Your feedback is most welcomed. Hopefully you will come back and stay with us again, let us know if we can be of assistance with that top 10 list. Best regards, Kevin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

The key thing for me on this journey was ease, as it was my first long haul flight and i couldnt sleep. Anything that required using my brain would have been too much. Fortunately the staff very helpful and friendly, both at the front desk and in the restaraunt at breakfast. The hotel is beautiful and clean. The room and bathroom within are excellent, and the bed may be the comfiest i have ever slept in. I only wish I had longer here to try the pool and other facilities.

1 Thank Andrew C
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for your kind review of the hotel on your stay with us. Terrific to read you enjoyed your short visit. We do hope you come back and see us again, for a longer period. Sincerely, Kevin.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here courtesy do Delta Airlines. Check in was efficient, welcoming and with a smile.

The room was a nice size with all amenities that i need including free wifi. Could have used two bottles of water In the room instead of just the one. Who else does that?

The bed was excellent and the pillows were great. One of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in.

The bar/restaurant offered good service but not good value. Drinks are quite expensive and I would advise anyone from trying the overpriced stale goopy nachos. Unhappy with the nachos that I barely touched, I was waiting for Sylvain to ask me how they were, but he never did.

I came back a couple of hours later hungry and ordered the cheese burger. It was fine, but for $18 it should be.

Check out was very quick.

Free shuttle to and from airport was a plus.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank whileitravel
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your review on your stay with us. My apologies for the level of service you received in our lounge. This is not the level of service we strive to achieve. We will look into why the Nachos were of poor quality and review the recipe. Best regards,
Marblehead, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

A late afternoon flight cancellation forced me to scramble to find a hotel for the night. "Quelle belle" chance that I was booked into this property. It was comfortable; the bed was amazingly comfortable and the shower was excatly what one needs to be refreshed at 6AM in -26F temperature. The restaurant/bar was hopping and excellent. And so convenient to the terminal. If I hope I get stuck overnight again so I can staay at this wonderful establishment

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on your stay with us. We also hope you stay with us once more hopefully on better circumstances than a cancelled flight so you can enjoy the full level of services we provide. Best regards, Kevin.
Halifax, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

In summary when we did an under the bed check before we left, we found a tube of toothpaste from a previous guest.

This past week we had a problem with our travel, so long story short, we ended up with a room for one night at this hotel.

I was traveling with my wife and two children, so the first let down was the pool being closed for renovations (we did not know in advance).

Then we decided to have supper at the restaurant. When we went to the restaurant at approximately 5:30 p.m. there was no hostess to direct us to a table. After 5 minutes I tracked down a guy to seat us.

When we were seated, it appeared to be a hassle to find us a high chair (I would speculate because he was not the hostess).

We did get served water, however, we waited 15 minutes for a server, and nobody came to the table.

We decided we would leave and go back to our room at get room service. When we got up to leave, a server did come over and apologize for the delay, we told her we were heading back to the room.

We went back to our room and ordered room service. Approximately 10 minutes after ordering, we received a call to say they were out of hotdogs (not a huge deal, but another thing for the list). I do want to note that when the food arrived the guy that dropped it off was awesome, and the food was fantastic.

The next item was a very loud party on our floor. I am talking, spring break style. I am sure with properly trained staff, it would have been easy to predict, so putting a family with two children next to a party room, did not make sense.

Then we tried to find a cart in the lobby to gather our bags to leave. It was 4:00 a.m. and this posed a problem, due to the security guard socializing in the lobby with some friends, the front desk clerk did manage to get his attention and he rounded up a cart.

We did get to check out, I mentioned the toothpaste and showed the front desk clerk the picture. He gave me a card with a contact to complain.

Next we took the shuttle to the airport. After the driver dropped us off, I was about to give the driver a tip, but he beat me to it and said something like, do you have money for me. I considered that rude.

On the plus side: The room was large, nicely furnished, good price, the location is extremely close to the airport, and the food was good (plus kids under 12 eat free), however, based on my personal experience I will not be stayiong there again.

Mike
Halifax

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Team_Currie
My sincere apologies for the level of service you received during your lay over at the hotel. No excuses this should not have happened. I do know we have been in touch with you personally to apologize. Sincerely, Kevin.
Prince George, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed here overnight on January 10, 2014 due to a lay-over before heading off on holidays. Having stayed at various other Sheraton properties around North America I had confidence we would have a comfortable room and good sleep - this proved to be the case in Montreal. However, there were 2 major sticky points for us. First, the shuttle from the airport and hotel does not appear to run consistently despite their claim it runs ever 20 - 25 minutes. When we landed in Montreal we waited about 50 minutes for the shuttle. Not a deal breaker but it does make a long day of travel even longer. Second, the hotel restaurant was a complete rip-off (cost-wise). We had horrible service at dinner and paid far too much for a run of the mill food. Given where you are located you only have the hotel restaurant as an option for meals so they gouge you!!! Otherwise, this was a decent hotel but I definitely wouldn't stay for any longer than 1 night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
My sincere apologies that the level of service we provide did not meet your expectations. No excuses this should not have happened. Our shuttle does operate every 15 to 20 minutes to the short journey to the hotel from the airport. We will investigate what happened on this occasion. We will also look into why the level of service you received in our restaurant did not exceed your expectations. Sincerely, Kevin.
Chambery, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Air Canada delayed my 20:00 flight from Montreal to Quebec City to 21:30, then 22:00, then 23:05, then cancelled the flight altogether. So I had to wait for my registered luggage to be placed back on a carrousel, then to goto the departures level to request my hotel voucher, which happened to be at the Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel. A very short night, but very comfortable (I must notice that, coming from Sydney, Australia, I was exhausted!), from 0:30 to 6:00. The pool was being worked on, hence unavailable. But my commendation will be for the airport to hotel shuttle, which is very efficient: every 15 minutes (maybe 30 minutes in the middle of the night) for 24 hours per day, and the trip itself lasts 5 minutes only.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Ruddy L
Thank you for your review on your stay with us. My apologies for the level of service you received, we do appreciate your feedback and will take action on the points raised.. The shuttle does normally operate every 15 to 20 minutes for the short journey to the hotel continuously. No excuses this should not have happened. Sincerely, Kevin.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Aloft Montreal Airport
Aloft Montreal Airport
#50 of 164 in Montreal
Comfort Inn Aeroport
#5 of 7 in Dorval

Been to Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!