“Close to the Airport - Free Shuttle (2 minutes away)”

Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Dorval
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I've been to this hotel in the past (4 years ago) and I didn't like it at all. It has changed names twice since.

There are two sections at this hotel. The first section is in a shape of a huge circle. You could walk a long time to get to your room. Not convenient if you travelled all day or if you have many bags. If you are booking into that section, ask for a room as close to the front desk as possible. Some people call this hotel "The Doughnut" because of its shape. The second section is much nicer and closer to the front desk. I have to say that the new renovated rooms look great. They renovated all rooms in both sections. They did a very good job and you can find everything business people need (many electrical supplies, large desk, in room safe, pillow top beds, a large shower, etc.).

The restaurant is very nice but service was slow. We waited and waited for a waiter to come and take the order. Waited and waited a long time to get the appetizers. Once again waited and waited to get the main course. The only times we didn't wait are: Get seated to a table and get the check at the end. The weird thing is that there was almost nobody in the restaurant. Food was good though!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and review of your stay with us. Our sincere apologies that the level of restaurant service was not up to the usual standards. We will look into why this happened. Best regards, Kevin.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

The hotel itself was nice.......after the first night and the room was cleaned stuff was missing from our room. I called the front desk...no help there....no help from the manager either. It's been a few days since I checked out and still nothing....... Everyone I have spoken to, including the manager just say "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that and I will look into it and get back to you". Still nothing despite my calling every day when I was there and every day since I've been home.

So the only conculsion I can come up with is that they have staff that steal and managers who don't seem to care.

My stay was from December 1 - December 4th for the Pink concert. My name is Penny (nicklebigtoe@netscape.net) and other than the convenient location I would recommend you stay somewhere else if at all possible.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Penny, I have discussed your very serious issue with all our management here at the hotel and we have no record of your report or of items missing from yours or any room. We are all shocked by this review. I have been associated with this hotel for many years and so have many of the associates and something like this effects us all deeply. We have tried to contact you on the email address you have provided but unfortunately we have had no reply as of yet. I do hope you do reply to us so we can get to the bottom of what is potentially very damaging. If wish still to remain anonyms you can get in touch with me directly at kevin.gillespie@sheratonmontrealairport.com I will treat it with the strictest confidentially.
Sincerely, Kevin.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Nice rooms, decent club lounge (food offerings could have been better).
Resto was overpriced and not that good though.
Wireless was very good.
Shuttle runs every 15 minutes all night.
Why does TA have this 200 character minimum, I have already said what i have to say??!!

Room Tip: Don't face the runways :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on your stay with us. Really appreciated. Great to read you enjoyed your stay. Best regards, Kevin.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

In one of my opther reviews I mentioned that sometime short is best, well that is not the case with this Sheraton at YUL. Many of the problems encountered were not really the hotels sites management concerns. YUL traffic due to road constructions is a mess, and seems to be worse, than a few months ago. Just getting to and from this hotel is a major headache. And to add fuel to that fire no one seems to be able to put up a sign saying "Sheraton" this way or that way, nothing! I'd hate to see what develops when the snow flies!

Then the room and building itself, cold, no warmth, the black, grey, brown color scheme just doesn't do it for me. I think that's a corporate thing. Like the hands free phone in the rooms that never seem to work. I was at several Sheraton's these past months, all had these phones, and for me at least none seemed to work, another Corporate item. Not to mention things like plastic waste containers, functional yes, but.,,,,,,,,

The staff is good, and helpful, but they can not make up for all the other items, again, its things like the decor, traffic mess, in room phones, plastic waste containers and cups in the rooms, it all adds up, The facility is clean, food was OK, but the Club Floor Bfast was very lacking, the same items every day, nothing different!

The parking lot was not cooperative, the gate never seemed to open without calling the front desk.

All seemed very pricey for all these items.

Room Tip: Maybe things will improve if they ever get the road construction finished. Its not the hotels fault...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on your stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback. We will look upon your review as an opportunity to elevate the level of service we provide to all our guests. The improvements that are being made to the road way to the airport when finished will be a welcome relief. Sincerely, Kevin.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

A lovely hotel with very contemporary reception, bar and lounge areas. Very plush rooms with lovely bedding. Large ensuite with palatial shower. Coffee making facilities in the room. Breakfast buffet style and perfectly adequate. Helpful staff and stress free shuttle bus to and from the airport.

Room Tip: Ni airport noise in the rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on your stay with us. Terrific to read you enjoyed the renovations that have been taking place and the level of service we do provide. Much appreciated and hopefully we will be seeing you again. Best regards, Kevin.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel does not look so great from the outside, but it is very well appointed for a airport hotel. Front lobby and common areas are very nice and well taken care of, front desk personnel are very helpful and professional, and outdoor and pool area are a nice "oasis", although the pool closes a little early. We took three children on an urban vacation, and the commuter shuttle to the airport was a convenient way to hop on the bus to downtown Montreal. I am giving this four-stars because the rooms are a bit small.

Room Tip: Get a room on the ground floor facing the pool
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

We appreciate the time you have taken to review your stay with us. Great to read you enjoyed the level of service and services we provide our guests. We do hope you stay with us again. Best regards, Kevin.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for business last September for 4 night, attending and taking part in a technical seminar.

The hotel and staff are very helpful, their non-stop shuttle makes getting to and from the airport a breeze, and the room was quite nice and quiet. I may not have liked the thick quilt like a duvet and prefer thinner covering but that is just a personal thing.

The meeting room and set-up was great. When I expressed my opinion that I did not like the class-room arrangement, the staff jumped right on it and in 10 minutes reconfigured the room to my liking.

The light buffet lunch was the absolute best I have seen anywhere, and I was surprised at the quality of the food, which usually is mediocre in such event. They were great.

I had a slight problem on checkout where they would not confirm my comped and paid room which the conference has taken care of, and they wanted me to pay for it. I disagreed and showed them the paperwork and contract. They agreed to leave the account open until they talk to the right person on Monday. To their credit, they called my office in U.S. on Monday and said all it well and it is taken care of. They handled this very professionally.

The hotel is a little remote, and if you have no other transportation, you are stuck...but this is a great hotel and I will be looking forward to stay there again if the opportunity arises.

Room Tip: If you have no personal transportation, take the shuttle to the airport and there you take a bus to...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write the review on your stay with us. Good to read you enjoyed your stay. The hotel is ideally located and has the facilities, services for all sizes of meetings. We do look forward to seeing you again. Best regards, Kevin.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Aloft Montreal Airport
Aloft Montreal Airport
#49 of 165 in Montreal

Been to Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!