“Stuff Missing From Our Room”

Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Dorval
Gander, Canada
“Stuff Missing From Our Room”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The hotel itself was nice.......after the first night and the room was cleaned stuff was missing from our room. I called the front desk...no help there....no help from the manager either. It's been a few days since I checked out and still nothing....... Everyone I have spoken to, including the manager just say "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that and I will look into it and get back to you". Still nothing despite my calling every day when I was there and every day since I've been home.

So the only conculsion I can come up with is that they have staff that steal and managers who don't seem to care.

My stay was from December 1 - December 4th for the Pink concert. My name is Penny (nicklebigtoe@netscape.net) and other than the convenient location I would recommend you stay somewhere else if at all possible.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Penny, I have discussed your very serious issue with all our management here at the hotel and we have no record of your report or of items missing from yours or any room. We are all shocked by this review. I have been associated with this hotel for many years and so have many of the associates and something like this effects us all deeply. We have tried to contact you on the email address you have provided but unfortunately we have had no reply as of yet. I do hope you do reply to us so we can get to the bottom of what is potentially very damaging. If wish still to remain anonyms you can get in touch with me directly at kevin.gillespie@sheratonmontrealairport.com I will treat it with the strictest confidentially.
Sincerely, Kevin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Nice rooms, decent club lounge (food offerings could have been better).
Resto was overpriced and not that good though.
Wireless was very good.
Shuttle runs every 15 minutes all night.
Why does TA have this 200 character minimum, I have already said what i have to say??!!

Room Tip: Don't face the runways :)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on your stay with us. Really appreciated. Great to read you enjoyed your stay. Best regards, Kevin.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 14, 2013

In one of my opther reviews I mentioned that sometime short is best, well that is not the case with this Sheraton at YUL. Many of the problems encountered were not really the hotels sites management concerns. YUL traffic due to road constructions is a mess, and seems to be worse, than a few months ago. Just getting to and from this hotel is a major headache. And to add fuel to that fire no one seems to be able to put up a sign saying "Sheraton" this way or that way, nothing! I'd hate to see what develops when the snow flies!

Then the room and building itself, cold, no warmth, the black, grey, brown color scheme just doesn't do it for me. I think that's a corporate thing. Like the hands free phone in the rooms that never seem to work. I was at several Sheraton's these past months, all had these phones, and for me at least none seemed to work, another Corporate item. Not to mention things like plastic waste containers, functional yes, but.,,,,,,,,

The staff is good, and helpful, but they can not make up for all the other items, again, its things like the decor, traffic mess, in room phones, plastic waste containers and cups in the rooms, it all adds up, The facility is clean, food was OK, but the Club Floor Bfast was very lacking, the same items every day, nothing different!

The parking lot was not cooperative, the gate never seemed to open without calling the front desk.

All seemed very pricey for all these items.

Room Tip: Maybe things will improve if they ever get the road construction finished. Its not the hotels fault...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on your stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback. We will look upon your review as an opportunity to elevate the level of service we provide to all our guests. The improvements that are being made to the road way to the airport when finished will be a welcome relief. Sincerely, Kevin.
WIGAN
Reviewed November 14, 2013

A lovely hotel with very contemporary reception, bar and lounge areas. Very plush rooms with lovely bedding. Large ensuite with palatial shower. Coffee making facilities in the room. Breakfast buffet style and perfectly adequate. Helpful staff and stress free shuttle bus to and from the airport.

Room Tip: Ni airport noise in the rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on your stay with us. Terrific to read you enjoyed the renovations that have been taking place and the level of service we do provide. Much appreciated and hopefully we will be seeing you again. Best regards, Kevin.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel does not look so great from the outside, but it is very well appointed for a airport hotel. Front lobby and common areas are very nice and well taken care of, front desk personnel are very helpful and professional, and outdoor and pool area are a nice "oasis", although the pool closes a little early. We took three children on an urban vacation, and the commuter shuttle to the airport was a convenient way to hop on the bus to downtown Montreal. I am giving this four-stars because the rooms are a bit small.

Room Tip: Get a room on the ground floor facing the pool
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
We appreciate the time you have taken to review your stay with us. Great to read you enjoyed the level of service and services we provide our guests. We do hope you stay with us again. Best regards, Kevin.
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for business last September for 4 night, attending and taking part in a technical seminar.

The hotel and staff are very helpful, their non-stop shuttle makes getting to and from the airport a breeze, and the room was quite nice and quiet. I may not have liked the thick quilt like a duvet and prefer thinner covering but that is just a personal thing.

The meeting room and set-up was great. When I expressed my opinion that I did not like the class-room arrangement, the staff jumped right on it and in 10 minutes reconfigured the room to my liking.

The light buffet lunch was the absolute best I have seen anywhere, and I was surprised at the quality of the food, which usually is mediocre in such event. They were great.

I had a slight problem on checkout where they would not confirm my comped and paid room which the conference has taken care of, and they wanted me to pay for it. I disagreed and showed them the paperwork and contract. They agreed to leave the account open until they talk to the right person on Monday. To their credit, they called my office in U.S. on Monday and said all it well and it is taken care of. They handled this very professionally.

The hotel is a little remote, and if you have no other transportation, you are stuck...but this is a great hotel and I will be looking forward to stay there again if the opportunity arises.

Room Tip: If you have no personal transportation, take the shuttle to the airport and there you take a bus to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write the review on your stay with us. Good to read you enjoyed your stay. The hotel is ideally located and has the facilities, services for all sizes of meetings. We do look forward to seeing you again. Best regards, Kevin.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the top hotels I've stayed at in North America!
It's fairly new and it's been well looked after. It may look like much from outside but inside you are greeted with large and modern spaces decorated with luxurious furniture.
The reception staff were all helpful and professional, and quickly got me checked in.
My room was the perfect size and filled with every convenience.
It was clean and the bed was amazingly comfortable with wonderfully soft sheets.
The shower was powerful and provide continuous hot water.
The hotel restaurant is also excellent serving up delicious food of the highest quality.
Location is 2 min from the airport and if you are needing to get downtown it is easy to get the shuttle to the airport and catch the "747" bus into town which is $9 for the whole day and takes around 30min.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank James B
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our property and our associates. We are all extremely proud of the hotel and truly appreciate all our guests for staying with us. I do hope we see you again at the hotel. It would be my great pleasure to thank you in person. Best regards, Kevin.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Aloft Montreal Airport
Aloft Montreal Airport
#50 of 164 in Montreal
Novotel Montreal Aeroport
#68 of 164 in Montreal

Been to Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!