“Almost Perfect”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Dorval
Manitoba
“Almost Perfect”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had a 16 hr stay in Montreal between flights. So I cashed in some Starwood points to stay here. Glad I did. We didn't get there until almost midnight. Check in took a few mins, but there was quite a few people checking in ahead of us at once. Unfortunately the kitchen was already closed, so we went hungry as the vending machines are very limited, and there is NOTHING within walking distance. We stayed on the 4th floor (so not the big loop section). Room was nice. Well appointed with 2 double beds. Bathroom was slightly small with oversized fixtures for the space, but recently renovated and clean. Beds were great, Sheratons have the best beds.

I woke up and used the gym, and it was the best hotel gym I have ever seen. Very nice equipment, and a view of the airport, so you can watch the planes taking off and landing while on the treadmill. Breakfast was expensive $50 for 2 people, but since there is nowhere else to go, we were sort of limited. We noticed that there are multiple room decor styles (saw in to a few rooms as the maid was cleaning). All of them looked nice enough though.

Absolutely I will be back. I just WISH one Montreal airport hotel would have some sort of food option 24hrs, even just bar food. I have never been able to get food at a Montreal airport hotel after 11 pm.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AC_A340
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback. We do have a night menu my sincere apologies this was not offered to you. Our team will look into exactly what happened that evening. Hopefully we will be seeing you again on your next trip. Sincerely, Kevin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The titel says it all. My husband and I have stayed in this hotel more than 6-7 times in 2012 for work trips to Montreal. It is close to airport and very convinient for purpose of our trip. The rooms are clean, modern, comfy and the breakfast buffet has limited options and I ended up ordering from menu and get what I wanted for better price. Once we extended our work trip over weekend and took our toddler and tried the Sunday brunch and enjoyed the stay. This hotel is not ideal if you want to see downtown Montreal as it is relatively far from old city and Downtown. You would need to rent a car as I am not aware of any good public transport around it and taxi ride would not be cheap.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
New York, NY
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed for one night on route to visit family in Ottawa. This hotel is renovated, clean and comfortable and literally at the airport. The restaurant is excellent and the breakfast buffet was delicious (our 4 year old ate for free).

Unfortunately the sound insulation between rooms is poor and you can hear everything in the adjacent rooms and in the hallways. On our floor (3rd), there was a very inconsiderate group traveling with kids and they were up at 5am banging their room doors and talking loudly. Also it was snowing so we heard the snow plow or trucks beeping outside. (Remarkably the planes were not noticeable.) Clearly this was just our bad luck and nothing to do with the hotel but nonetheless disturbing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the hotel. Great to know you enjoy your visits with us. There is a great inexpensive option to go down town. Just jump on our shuttle to the airport and ride the 747 bus service nonstop to down town every 15 minutes. Takes no more than 20 minutes. $8 is all it cost and it runs 24hrs. The old port is just 10 to 15 minutes from the downtown stop. Extremely convenient. Ask about the service at the front desk, it will be our pleasure to assist. Regards, Kevin.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I know this hotel has been around a long time, but it has just been renovated and it is beautiful. Restaurant was very good, service was top notch. Great hotel for an overnight stay before an early morning flight!

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank darlene s
NY
Reviewed November 21, 2012

on almost every level it was a five star - they upgraded me to club level without being asked and it was a beautiful room. service was great and I only have two complaints - neither is major.
1 - Shower is configured wierdly because you have to reach all the way in to turn on water which means you get wet in the process and sometimes it's really hot water too.
2 - TV didn't work right. I only had about 10 channels working, none of which interested me.
Other than that, it was really a fine experience and i'd do it again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Michdude
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Great to read you enjoyed your stay. We will look into the small issue you had with your room. Really appreciate your feedback. Best regards, Kevin
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I just completed my second stay at this hotel in the last year and both have been very comfortable. The hotel is very close the airport - however it is very difficult to find if you are driving. There is a free hotel shuttle which was very convenient to go from the hotel to airport (it took about 5 minutes). The shuttle leaves from the lobby about every 15 minutes. Note that a taxi ride from the airport to the hotel is $17 due to a min taxi charge - the shuttle is a much better option. The staff were very nice - they were very accomodating to provide late check-out when my flight was delayed. The rooms were nice, although nothing special overall. The beds were fantastic! Extremely plushy and comfortable. The gym is well-equipped and open 24/7. There is a $4.95 per day charge for wi-fi. Also, the hotel is quite large, so there can be a long walk to some rooms. If that is a concern for you, you might want to ask for a close room when you check-in. I think this is a good option if you need to stay by the airport. If I need to stay close to the airport, I would definately choose this hotel again, but I hope to stay downtown in my next trip!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank travelerwithheart
Southern Ontario
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed one night and were very happy. Appearance of being newly renovated with very nice furniture. Excellent gym and pool. Good insulation from plane traffic. The parking fee was a unexpected, and unwelcome suprise as was the fact that wifi was NOT free. Odd in this day and age to stay at such a modern hotel without free wifi. Having said all that.....we are happy to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank 2041
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Aloft Montreal Airport
Aloft Montreal Airport
#42 of 163 in Montreal

Been to Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!