“Sheraton Montreal - Meh!”

Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Dorval
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed at the S-M twice in a 10 day period. Flying in late pm, flying out early am. I called 24 hours prior to make sure there would not be a problem with a late check-in and was assured no problem, but, au contraire. The shuttle definitely took over a half an hour to arrive which was a drag. Check-in quick but not welcoming and it seemed we walked a mile to our room, but we were exhausted after all. We were given two double beds rather than the king that they had Confirmed, bummer. The sheets were crisp & clean and the shower powerful, both pluses!
In the am we ate at the hotel, Don't! It was $42.00 for the breakfast buffet, Horrible food.
Our second stay 9 days later was more pleasant. Quick shuttle, a congenial clerk, and our promised king bed. We ate in the hotel for dinner this time and ordered the table d'hote which to our surprise was remarkably good. We had cherry clafoutis for dessert which was the best we've ever had.
Checked out at dark o'clock and the shuttle was there within moments to whisk us back to the airport.

Room Tip: Stay out of flight pattern. Very noisy!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jilldeville

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We were impressed with the space, cleanness and quietness of our rooms at this hotel. Even if it was right beside the airport but it was well insulated. Our room backed on the runway but we were never bothered with much noise.
The price was very reasonable and convenient.
The only shortfall is that it is far away from the city so you would need a car to enjoy the freedom of movement. However, if you are staying the night because you are flying in or out of Montreal, this is a good place to stay in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator or busy corridors.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed one night at the Sheraton Montreal airport before we left on our trip. It was very comfortable and the staff is very professional and friendly. They have an amazing indoor/outdoor heated salt water pool. I spent my entire evening there, swimming. Also, they have a great gym.

We also went to the restaurant, had the table d'hōte in the evening and the next morning, we had the breakfast buffet which was very good.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Abdelrahman E
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This has been my second stay at the airport Sheraton. My first one was mainly good but had it's low points. This stay has been pretty bad.
Beginning from the adequate - the bed was OK and the room was remodeled. The remodel in my book wasn't great. The tub was removed for a shower only config, the rest of the room not very useful.
It all started when I arrived at the airport. I called to get information on the shuttle and was told to wait at station 2. I waited for approx. 45 minutes!! after being picked up the shuttle was overflowing (Standing room only) and we headed for the hotel. When I checked in and being a starwood gold - I asked if I could get an upgrade. The answer was yes - in practice it was no. I got to my room only to discover it was right next to the highway and had a malfunctioning thermostat. The room was steaming, the thermostat showed 67. A technician that came over after 15 minutes said that to get any cooling I need to set the temperature to 60. I asked to be moved and was greatfull my new room had a functioning thermostat. At that point I decided to go have dinner. One of the primary reason I chose the Sheraton over the aloft was the restaurant. I went down at 10:40 for dinner - the restaurant is supposed to be open until midnight. However, you can't sit there, but rather at the bar. Considering the option I opted to get room service. I ordered onion soup and a hamburger. It seems that when cullinary school taught that brown is cooked and black is burnt the Sheraton chef was out. My Onion soup was badly burnt and the hamburger tasted like rubber. Considering the late hour I opted to eat the foul meal and retire. The following morning I hurried to check out, and skipped the breakfast at the hotel (considering the dinner I got).
Would I every come back? Highly unlikely. The poor experience the the staff's inability to recognize and adequately address these issues convince me any future experience would be poor as well.
Planning a trip right now to Montreal again and will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: Skip the food in the Sheraton. Ask for a room facing the internal courtyard.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank HighTechTraveller
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I want to thank Jules and his staff at the Sheraton Hotel at the Dorval airport in Montreal in helping me impress my parents on their 60th wedding anniversary. After a few glitches (which can happen when you book online and travelling across country, and are a rookie at it!!) , I find the staff went into overdrive to make sure the rooms we chose were accomodating for my parents, they made sure they did not have to walk too far to get to their rooms, they greeted them as they entered the hotel with the Red Carpet Treatment, a few of the staff were at the door to great them, on the rolled out red carpet put down for them, anniversary cake in hand, pictures being taken, and if that's not enough, when we went up to their room there was a table set up with a bottle of Bubbly on ice, a plate with 6 or 8 chocolate dipped strawberries, 2 glasses of juice for my dad as he doesn't drink alcohol, and a most beautiful beauquet of flowers....with of course a note congratulatiing them on their 60th anniversary.Undoubtedly, this was a most memorable start to an unforgetable anniversary. I cannot thank you enough Jules for instigating this very impressive gesture.
For the comfort itself, the beds were very very comfortable but most important so were the pillows!! Thanks again and look forward to staying there again. Regards, Lynn

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2012

It has been over 10 years since I last stayed at this particular Sheraton property and after a major renovation in recent years, it is still a very nice property. The room I was assigned was very modern and clean and the hotel is ideally located for anyone needing an overnight stay near the Montreal Trudeau Airport. My only complaint would be that there is a fee for in room wifi. It's a small fee but this day in age with so many properties out there offering free wifi I don't see any need for it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
KevGil, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you coming back to see us. Great to read you liked the look of our renovations. Wi-Fi is included in certain rates and if you are a Platinum Member of our loyalty program SPG along with other great benefit. Hopefully we will be seeing you sooner and it does take as long for your next visit. Best regards, Kevin.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Our experience at this hotel was mediocre. The room was ample and very clean, but the walls were very thin and you could hear people talking. The lobby and restaurant area was very clean. The checkin staff were very polite but there were only 2 on duty so the check-in line was long. The pool was a salt water pool and large, it had a small outdoor section and the rest was indoors. It was very crowded. I have heard that the local residents can take memberships to the pool, so it is not limited to hotel guests. The pool locker room and bathroom were not very clean and the man's bathroom was apparently quite dirty. The pool area itself was very slippery. The hotel grounds were picturesque. The restaurant menu was very vague, so you were not sure what all the dishes were. (i.e grilled chicken with no description apart from that). The food was tasty but nothing special. The lounge area was nice and the drink prices were very reasonable. priced. They offered a breakfast buffet, but there were no details except that it was $30+, we ate elsewhere. We only stayed 1 night, as a little getaway, however while it was clean overall, it was not a place I would like to return to.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SusanM2121

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on your visit with us. We really appreciate your feedback. Our sincere apologies that we did not exceed your expectation. Sincerely, Kevin.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Aloft Montreal Airport
Aloft Montreal Airport
#49 of 165 in Montreal

Been to Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!