“Very good sleep”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Dorval
alberta
“Very good sleep”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

If you are going to a hotel to sleep, you want to have a good rest. The beds were so comfortable that I went to bed at 8 pm. I usually go to bed late.
The exterior of the hotel may not look like much. But, the rooms, cleanliness and friendlyness was superior!! Good Job guys!!!

Room Tip: The shuttle is there at the airport 24 hours, it takes 5 min. to get to the sheraton. Its easy to sp...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
stephane_bricault, Director, Business Development at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
We do really appreciate your positive comments and the facts that you have experienced our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds during your stay amongst us. Stay connected. Warmest thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Milan, Italy
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

We were booked here by Air Canada for a flight delay which made us miss the connection flight. Room in a long corridor on the ground floor. Very nice room and bathroom, super comfy king bed but we had to fight with super cold temperature. Though we could set the desired temperature, the central air system would send cold air. We had to set 25 degrees to compensate so the heater went on (what an energy waste). The double duvet also helped. We ham breakfast a la carte but had to wait a long time to have toasts and a yoghurt. Service was slow but friendly. There is a free shuttle to and from the airport which rums every 15-18 minutes and only takes 5 min but you cannot walk to the terminal.

• Stayed August 2012
We have listened your comments about your room temperature and will investigate to find out more and fix the problem. Also, we are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed experience. On top of our a la carte menu, we do offer hot & cold buffet style breakfast at Eclipse Restaurant starting @ $15. Warmest thank you.
Droitwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My job entails staying at hotels all over the world. I usually find that smaller hotels go the extra mile but here's a big one doing the same thing. In this big hotel the bar and restaurant staff could not have been more helpful providing a top level of service both in the evening and at breakfast. They gave me a free late check out and looked after my travel bags until I came back to collect them. Having a bit of time before needing to go to the airport I sat in the bar and they, at my request, found the MOTOGP racing (my favourite) on the TV and let me watch all of it. Very pleasant atmosphere.

If they ever read this - Many thanks.

Room Tip: Talk to the stafff. I am sure they will do their best to help.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Chris E
stephane_bricault, Director, Business Development at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
We like to hear that we are on top or your preferred hotels. We will transmit your feedback to our Eclipse Restaurant Team. It is our promise of service to listen carefully wishes of our guests and do our very best to meet and exceed expectations. You can start reward yourself if you visit SPG.com with the most popular loyalty program in hospitality without date restrictions.
Warmest thank you,
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My fiancee and I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times. They have done some renovating since the last time I stayed; they have a new bar/restaurant area. It looks gorgeous! Far better than what was there before. We didn't actually eat in there because we had eaten a little while before we arrived but did order tea and dessert through room service. The cheesecake is to die for! Our room was very clean and nicely decorated. Bathroom was small but the shower and vanity were beautiful. We'll always stay at this hotel when we have a stopover in Montreal.

Room Tip: Free shuttle to/from the airport every 15 mins
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Great to hear you are staying connected with us! We always have special offers available at sheratonmontrealairport.com/offers to maximize your benefits amongst us.
Warmest regards,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I just returned from a 3 day trip to Montreal, staying 2 nights at the Dorval Sheraton. The hotel was a little hard to find only because they are doing some construction in that area. If you are driving yourself make sue to watch for the white temporary Sheraton signs. They aren't that big. We missed them the first time around and ended up going around in a circle.

Once we got to the check in everything went smoothly. When booking I must have missed the part where it told me that parking was $12.50 a night!

Because I am an SPG member I supposedly received a preferred room. I am not exactly sure what that meant. Don't get me wrong - the room was very nice but it seemed average to me.

The beds at the Sheraton are amazing - just so comfy. Besides the bed there were 2 chairs, small table in the middle of the chairs, a desk with a chair, TV, plenty of drawer space and good sized closet. The bathroom is a decent size with pretty good sized shower. NOTE: the bath towels are pretty small so if you are two people you might ask for extra towels.

Our view was the parking lot and what looked like the back of the airport. I thought the planes would be loud at night but they seemed to stop about 11:00 pm so it was never a problem.

Our room included a free breakfast. The restaurant is really nice and very nicely decorated. The first morning we were told we would receive the American breakfast which consisted of two eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, tomatoes and mushrooms. We had coffee and juice and thought that would be extra but that was included as well. I would consider this a nice leisurely breakfast. Service is a bit slow so if you are in a rush to get going you may want to try something quicker but is was perfect for us as we were not in a rush. The second morning we were told our coupon was for the buffet breakfast. Very nice buffet breakfast. If you didn't like the eggs they were serving on the buffet they would cook you something else. Excellent breakfast.

Also the rooms have a fridge, safe, iron and iron board and blow dryer. I really didn't like the blow dryer but that is just me being picky...guess I just like my own.

One other thing...there are ice machines on the floors but no vending machines. If you want a soda you will have to get it from the little store in the lobby. My suggestion would be to bring your own as the prices are very high in the store.

I liked this hotel, room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Next time, if you are traveling and looking for parking at the airport, we recommend you to avoid the stress of finding a parking at the airport and choose one of our Park & Stay Package where you can get a complimentary secured parking. That way you can save almost $60 per week parking and start your vacation at the hotel. We look forward to warmly welcome you and to live a Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed experience again and again.
Wish you a wonderful day,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Very nice lobby, rooms, and dining - modern, contemporary feel, but very comfortable. Rooms in the "tower" facing the motorway have quite a bit of airplane and traffic noise. The windows did not appear to be soundproof. Ask for a room facing the other way, or in the "round" section of the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from motorway or in the "round" section facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Travelx2
While we do appreciate your feedback, we hope to have the opportunity to listen to your wishes next time and do our very best to meet and exceed your expectatons.
Warmest regards,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This hotel has been completely refurbished after being taken over by Sheraton. (it was formerly the Hilton)
It has a great salt water pool; (although the slippery tiles on the pool deck are a law suit waiting to happen). Surprisingly spacious common areas with large rooms.
The food could be a lot better, a bit of a surprise given the over all standard of the hotel.
Having said that the staff were wonderful, rooms spotless and spacious, and the rates were quite reasonable.
A winner in my book!

Room Tip: Rooms in the tower do not require the long walks as rooms in the circle
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
stephane_bricault, Director, Business Development at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
We are proud to make our guests live a memorable stay in our property totally renovated. With Starwood Preferred Guests Loyalty Program (SPG) you can discover close to 1100 properties around the world without black out dates in 9 different international brands including Sheraton. Thank you for your feedback.
Warmest wishes,
Stephan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Aloft Montreal Airport
Aloft Montreal Airport
#50 of 163 in Montreal

Been to Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!