“Not the best in the area.”

Quality Inn & Suites P.E. Trudeau Airport-Montreal
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Dorval
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The hotel is well situated near Montreal airport and offers a shuttle to and from the hotel. The gentleman in charge of the shuttle was rather rude. The staff at the front desk were kind and helpful. The rooms facing the highway are very noisy. Some parts of the rooms seem to have been renovated (furniture) yet the general feeling you get when entering is that of an old hotel. The carpets were stained, so were the drapes and the air conditioning was loud and did not perform properly.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed here when it was the Travelodge (September 2011)

Our room had noisy aircon as per other reviews, but you could switch it off and as it was September that was no problem. Check-in and Check-out staff were friendly and helpful. The free shuttle was very useful, as we were staying for a night and picking up a car at the airport the following morning, and the driver returning us to airport gave us lots of directions to find the car rental area.

Breakfast was good, the area was not too busy and was spacious and kept tidy.

Our room was pleasant - clean and reasonably new, with good amenities such as a fridge. The bathroom was clean and everything worked. The free Wifi worked well, and was easy to connect to.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank for the comment and we greatly appreciate it. Like all other comments, we will be sharing this too with our staff and they will be encouraged.

Management

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night arriving at midnight then leaving in the morning. The shuttle picked me up - a little delayed but still timely. The hotel is being updated and had a very comfortable bed, the room was quiet despite being at the airport. I got my room through hot wire and only paid around $60 - which was perfect. The room was small but the bed linens had been updated although some of the wall fittings - wall plugs (hanging off the wall) were a little worn out. Staff were very friendly. - Generally I was satisfied with my stay here

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate it and through your views, we can improve.

Management.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is an old property, with newer additions to the origional structure. I can't speak for all the rooms, but I booked a King Suite, which included a large living room area, nice kitchen, and large bedroom. The bathroom had entrances from both the living room, and bedroom, and the suite came with new flat screens in both living room and bedroom. I normally wouldn't book a suite, but I was in town on business for 4 nights, and with my corporate discount, the room was only an extra $20 a night. The room was well furnashed, and newly renovated, I spend roughly 150-160 nights at Choice Hotels, and this is one of the nicest Quality Inns I've stayed at in both the US and Canada. The staff all spoke both French & English, and were able to convert US curency to Canadian with no problem. I want to point out how extremly clean the room was, and the quality of the bedding and comfort of the mattress was exceptional. I highly reccomend this hotel. The only issue I had was on my last morning there, the only morning where I did NOT have to be up early, the maid came knocking on my door at 7:53 in the MORNING! I was shocked, and maybe it was my fault for not having a "DO NOT DISTURB" sign o my door, but in over 2100 nights since 1994, I've NEVER had a maid knock on my door before 9-10am. I hadn't checked out, not sure why it happened so early.

Room Tip: The older section of the hotel has the old drive up entrances, It's a pretty busy highway outsid...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Stayed two nights at the beginning of May on business.

This is an older hotel, but the rooms have been renovated and they do a good job keeping it clean. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Enjoyed the complimentary breakfast option, the free parking was a plus, and the Internet was consistent and a good speed for working on our corporate VPN.

Small downsides that would not prevent me staying there again:
- although the location is close to the airport, driving in that neighbourhood can be challenging. The hotel is on a one-way street - so glad I had my gps when I arrived in the rain at midnight, otherwise it would have been much more challenging to get there.
- my room had a balcony which was a nice option, but it's next to the highway and the airport, so not exactly peaceful to sit out there, and I found the door to the balcony let in more road/area noise than I would have liked

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lone_palm
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I spent one night there before taking off and everything went perfectly well, when i got there, the lady at the office was very nice and polite, big smile on her face, someone like her always makes you appreciate your night there. Although my room was a little bit small, it was sparkling clean. The hotel is on a busy street but still, i was able to sleep confortably without hearing major noise. Their shuttle was fast both ways, guys driving it were nice and friendly. Next to the hotel there is a mall, not a very busy one but there is a few restaurants, still, i guess one can find almost everything he needs there. I recommend it to someone that wants quality without paying too much.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Loudmouth82
Jan B, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites P.E. Trudeau Airport-Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Thank you for the great review. We do appreciate all good comments and strive to make our hotel guest feel at home from the time of their arrival . Hoping that you will continue to stay with us during your stay in Montreal

Quality Inn & Suites/cn967
Aéroport P.E. Trudeau-Montréal

Jan Brisson-Clear
Directrice Générale / General Manager
jbclear@qualityinnsuitesdorval.com

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I am not familiar with Montreal and the driving near PE Trudeau airport is scary. This hotel is located near there and it is on a one way street that challenged me every time I had to get to the hotel. The area was a bit scruffy and there was nothing near the hotel that I would like to visit. However, this is where my employer wanted me to stay and the price was good for Montreal.
The staff was friendly and helpful. Their English was great which helps because my French is the pits. All day, coffee is available near the desk.
The room was ok but much was worn and tired.
The bed was ok. The bathroom had new taps, the fan did an excellent job of clearing out steam and there was a separate heating in that room. They had a pretty nice hairdryer with lots of power too!
I didn't use the shuttle but there was one there and the driver was very pleasant.
Someone in one of these reviews mentioned that they ate in a bar. This bar was not in this hotel. I don't know where they ate but there are a couple of bars nearby that don't look great.
I was heading to Chateauguay and this was a very busy morning commute. I would FAR rather stay downtown Montreal where there is lots to do, lots to see and it is an easy city to get out of in the morning. Everyone else is heading in!

Room Tip: No views so I am not sure that there would be a good location.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the comments about our hotel in room aminities and we are contineously making changes and renovations to make our guest stay a great one. We appreciate the fact that you would rather stay in downtown Montreal as there is much more to do. Our hotel is a great location for long term stays and guest wanting to be near the airport. Hoping that you will reconsider staying with us during your next stay. PS: As for the bar restaurant, you are right this comment was not to be for our hotel, but the Quality Hotel on Cote de Liesse.

Quality Inn & Suites/cn967
Aéroport P.E. Trudeau-Montréal

Jan Brisson-Clear
Directrice Générale / General Manager
jbclear@qualityinnsuitesdorval.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Hotel Dorval - Beausejour Apartments
Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport
Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport
#124 of 165 in Montreal
Days Inn & Conference Centre -  Montreal Airport

Been to Quality Inn & Suites P.E. Trudeau Airport-Montreal? Share your experiences!