“Excellent front desk staff made our long stay wonderful”

Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Dorval
Reviewed November 20, 2010

My husand and I lost our home to mold invasion and had to flee for the sake of our health. With nowhere to go we went to the airport Best Western because of the cheap rates and high quality. First off, for the price the room is excellent for the quality. It's much nicer than most best westerns I have stayed at over the years. We usually go with BW too because of clean rooms and NO heavy SCENTS in the rooms (other hotels scent heavily sometimes and I'm allergic to perfumes). The room service restaurant food was excellent as well.

What made our 2 week stay much more tolerable was the front desk staff. Sonia greeted us initially and was so sweet and concerned. Sonia, Melissa and Patrick were all very helpful throughout the 2 weeks and made sure all our needs were met. They were some of the easiest hotel staff I've ever dealt with for sure. Considering we were bringing in huge garbage bags full of laundry they were super nice about it all.

The only real problem I had at this hotel was a little pushiness on the part of the maids. When I am asleep with the "do not disturb" sign on the door I do not expect a phone call at 11am from the maids! All that ended when we complained so it was only a temp. mild problem. The rooms were very clean and when asked the maids made sure there were no scents at all except the bathroom cleaners which quickly dissappated.

Overall best hotel experience I've had in years, esp. during such a difficult time.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
JayQuint, Front Office Manager at Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to share some of your experience at our hotel. I'm glad our front desk staff made your stay easier considering the unfortunate circumstances with which you had to leave your home. I hope all is better now!

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Again, thanks for taking the time and we hope to see you again!

Jolene Dube
Directrice de la reception

Reviewed November 13, 2010

This was a good over-nighter. Our room was huge and clean and the service we received was good. We just ordered a pizza and relaxed for the night before an early flight out of Montreal. The rate of $102US included breakfast but we left the hotel too early to catch it. Shuttle to the airport was included. This was cheap and comfortable accommodation and I’d stay here again if I had to stay close to Montreal Airport.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Back in October, my family and I attended a wedding in Montreal and so we stayed at the Best Western Montreal Airport. What a perfect stay!! Very warm and friendly staff, the rooms were very clean and i must say we had an incredible continental breakfast in the morning, the kids LOVED the eggos!!! And of course, the wedding was amazing :)Overall, i would definetly recommend this hotel!!

Nathalie, Toronto

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I was very disappointed in the horrible experience my aunt and uncle had while staying at the Best Western Dorval hotel. On the first night of their 3 day stay, their SUV was almost stolen from the parking lot. The thieves didnt get away with the truck thanks to the anti theft devices, but never the less their truck had to be towed , and the ignition had to be replaced as well as the car door lock. Since it was the weekend, they were forced to extend their stay by one night In order to have their car serviced.
I was very surprised that although this was brought to the Directors attention, the hotel director didnt even offer the extra night at a discounted rate. Despite the fact that the hotel is not responsible for theft, I think the Best Western should have cared more about all the trouble and additional cost that was incurred to one of their guests. While we waited for police to take the report, a staff member mentioned that this was not the first time cars were targeted in their parking lot. What dissapointed me the most was the way Best Western handled the situation. Hotels hire security if they have a problem , but clearly Best Western just washes their hands.
In essence I think that management should have recognised what a big inconvenience this was to their guest. They were left without a car and had to rely on me to pick them up and drive them back to the hotel in the evening. They spent an additional $800 in repairing their SUV. To add insult to injury the hotel management wasnt even courteous enough to offer for free that one night (extended ) due to their lack of security . Not even a dinner voucher to eliminate the bad taste that was left in their mouth.
So if you must stay at this hotel , DONT BRING YOUR CAR!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2010

My car was stolen from their parking lot. The hotel staff was not supportive after the fact and did not return calls about any investigating by the police. Be careful staying here!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
JayQuint, Manager at Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2011

I'm so sorry that your car was stolen - i know how much of a violation this feels like personally.
Unfortunately, the airport is a hot spot for this kind of awful activity. Can you imagine the people who do this!
We have taken measures to ensure that these incidences do not occur at our hotel by hiring a guard to patrol the property every night. The safety and security of our guests is the absolute most important thing for us!
Once again, I'm so sorry that this occurred, and if you have a chance to come back please consider staying with us at no charge to you.
I appreciate your understanding.
Thanks so much.

Reviewed August 27, 2010

Stayed here for 3 days to do some bicycling along the canals and through Old Montreal. Front desk personnel were friendly and even helped us translate a couple things on the bike map we had. Breakfast was good and included yogurt and fresh fruit. Room was spacious; lots of hot water; bed very comfortable; internet worked very well--and could print out some papers we needed in the business center at no charge. Generally quiet at night. Even though we were close to the airport and the trains and highway 20--and our room faced them all--we were not bothered at all by noise from them. Restaurant is pricey but the food and service were both excellent. A great place to stay. Would definitely stay here again when in the Montreal area!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Nice solid airport hotel, nothing more nothing less. If you need to stay close to the airport, this is a good place for you. If Montréal city is your destination, the hotel is far and you need to use the bus (45 min and 7 $).

Great spa

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Aloft Montreal Airport
Aloft Montreal Airport
#47 of 165 in Montreal

Been to Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!