“Great for Travelers in Distress!”

Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Dorval
Arlington, Virginia
“Great for Travelers in Distress!”
Reviewed July 29, 2007

I was in town for a convention of meeting planners. We book hotels for our members and attendees; it is imperative they have a great lodging experience.

After my flight being cancelled due to a power outage at the Montreal airport, I chose the Best Western because it was so close to the airport - had a 6AM flight. My interactions: the hotel staff 1) answered the phone with cheeriness - they confirmed that they had electrical power, a/c, cold water, food, bar and a shuttle that ran every 15 minutes 24 hours a day. I booked a rate of $109.

Tired, hot, sweaty, hungry, thirsty and miserable - the shuttle bus driver took my bag immediately; was completely courteous. Front desk staff were wonderful and smiling. Room was perfect for my needs: a large, clean room to crash in. They have a restaurant in the basement and the food was good and service very attentive and prompt.

My courtesy van driver at 3:45AM was a joy. The Best Western understands the needs of travelers in distress!

Stayed July 2007
5 Thank Meenanall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Toronto
Reviewed July 19, 2007

I recently stayed at the Best Western Montreal Airport on a business trip to Montreal. I would normally stay at the Hilton but have been unsatisfied with their product in the past and decided to try another property. The Best Western is the next closest location to the airport, so I decided to give them a try.
I was pleasantly surprised by the entire experience. The front desk staff was friendly and promptly served me upon my arrival. The room was spacious, clean and beautifully decorated; comparable to rooms that I have stayed at higher end hotels. They offer a breakfast included in the rate and had all the facilities that I require. The sales team contacted me (being a new client) and offered me an unbeatable corporate rate for my future visits. All in all, I am very happy to have tried out this property because now I have found a new hotel to stay at when visiting Montreal.

• Liked — Location and services
  • Disliked — Restaurant prices
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank workaholic007
Canada
Reviewed May 30, 2007

Tried to book hotel for large party for Christmas for business. I sent a request through BW web-site. I never received a response. I sent a follow-up e-mail the next week, and then another follow-up. I called several times to the hotel and left messages for the Sales Director who also never phoned me back. It's been over a month and I still never received a response. This is poor service for a hotel that claims to be business friendly.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank SilverCanada
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed July 16, 2006

We found the Best Western Airport hotel to be clean and spacious. We stayed for one night before catching an early morning flight and the 24 hour complimentary shuttle to the airport was very convenient. Breakfast was included in the price which was also handy. We had no problems with the room or staff and would consider staying there again in a similar situation.

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank Angelco
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 8, 2005

the front desk service is unhelpful and sometimes rude. They have this certain attitude. Try to call room service? it's not exactly room service, because they would actually ask you to go down to the restaurant in the basement to get what you need. The room lacks mini-fridge, although a vending machine is available at the other side of the hotel, it can become annoying, but not that big deal. However, when cleaning up the room, they don't always renew what was used. The air-conditioning needs a while to actually cool off the room and it's rather LOUD when it's on. The bathroom is extremely small, however the bathtub and shower area is quite clean. Very disappointed in the hotel. If all you want is a room to sleep and then leave and not care about the service and amenities, then this is the place for you. Otherwise, i wouldn't come back.

• Stayed June 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Nova Scotia
Reviewed January 25, 2005

I stayed at this hotel in November for 3 nights. The rate was reasonable. Rooms were a decent size, although the bathrooms are incredibly small and the sinks are not in the bathroom, they are out in the hall. The hotel restaurant is expensive and the food quality is definately not worth the price. The "pool" is an oversized bathtub... this hotel was a good price and may be a good option for those who are not so picky about hotel amenities. I picked it because I wanted a hotel with a pool, so I was disappointed in that respect. The interior of the hotel has recently undergone renovations, so it is nice. I am sure there are nicer hotels out there for a little more money. I doubt I will stay here again.

7 Thank leenNovaScotia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Aloft Montreal Airport
Aloft Montreal Airport
#50 of 163 in Montreal

Been to Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!