DoubleTree by Hilton Montreal Airport
$112
$109
$100
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsevery half houron site restaurantmontreal airportfree shuttlecomfortable roomhighwaydowntownproximityyulvehicle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2013

On our way home from a week long trip East (July 16th), we drove until we couldn't drive anymore and I looked for hotels in the area. I called this Best Western to confirm that there were rooms available (it was 11:30pm). There were. I let the woman know that we would be there in about 30 minutes, and she asked if I wanted to book now to hold the room. I agreed to do so, as I was waiting for my husband to get gas and wasn't doing anything anyway.
We arrived 30 minutes later and discovered that there was nowhere suitable for us to park. We had a pickup truck, and the back was completely full of our luggage and goods we had purchased on our week long adventure. There was not a parking spot available for us to back into (up against a wall or barrier to prevent access to the back). We had not experienced this issue in the 4 other hotels we had been to in the week previous.
I went to the front desk and expressed my concern about our belongings not being secure in their lot. There was no offer to help us - there are several other hotels in the area, and there was no attempt to see if an adjoining parking lot had a spot to suit our needs. A cold, half-hearted "sorry, there's nothing we can do" was all that was received.
I was then told that my husband's credit card would be charged for the room, even though we were not able to stay. I complained, stating that I was here and would love to be staying with them, but it was not possible. Not their fault for not having a parking spot for us, and not our fault for having a truck. I disputed the charge further by stating that I didn't have to book over the phone 30 minutes prior - I could have just shown up, and that this unforseen circumstance should not cost us $150. Again, just an insincere "sorry" and was told that they weren't authorized to give us a refund. I called Best Western while in their lobby, and the person on the other line confirmed that their phone lines are open 24 hours to take reservations/money, but customer service/the ability to refund money is only available during the day. We were so disappointed and discouraged with the lack of caring that we didn't attempt to find another hotel and instead drove all night until we got home at 7am.
I called this Best Western and left a message. I didn't hear back. Because they didn't get in touch, I assumed that the front desk staff I dealt with would have let the manager know about this inconvenience and that we wouldn't have been charged for the room, but the credit card statement we received yesterday shows that they could care less.
All we wanted to do was sleep. It was unfortunate that we couldn't stay here, but with so much competition in their area, and with review sites like this, I would have thought that they would have been more sympathetic and understanding. This was our first trip east, and because of the wonderful hospitality we received from everyone in NB, PEI, and NS, we are going to make this an annual trip. The Best Western Plus Montreal Airport Hotel will never see us darken their doorstep in the years to come.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank buddyhaz
Jolene D, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Madame,

I wish to apologize again, as per my previous email to you, for all inconveniences you and your husband have experience this past July 17th with our parking situation service, our policies and the way that our desk clerk handled the situation.

I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to extend our usual hospitality.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Check-in & Check-out was quick and easy. Rooms were clean. The air conditioner is a bit loud but not horrible. The staff has been very welcoming and kind. Restaurant is small. The service is slow. The airport shuttle is average. Need to call hotel to get the shuttle at airport.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ankush J

Dear traveler ,

We always appreciate when our guest take of their time to let know others about their experience at our Best Western Dorval.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a good quality hotel but the location is not very good unless you have a strong reason to be close to the airport. The hotel is in middle of railway tracks and a highway and right in the path of the planes so you will get to suffer thru all the kinds of noises. To make matters worse, there is construction going on around the hotel with poor signage that makes getting to the hotel a challenge.

The hotel itself is well maintained with nice and clean rooms. I do wish the pillows provided were bigger than child size.

I also wish they stop claiming "free breakfast" since though the limited amount of breakfast is free, a $2 gratuity per person is "suggested". They won't even replace an item on the breakfast dish with a different one.

Overall, find a different one if you don't need to stay close to airport/.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank vechog
Jolene D, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Traveler from Boston,

Please accept our apologies for any the inconveniences you have experienced during your recent visit at our Best Western Montreal Airport with our services.

We are sorry that the change for our restaurant management did not meet your expectation. We take your comments very seriously. Your experience with our new restaurant service will be discussed in our next manager meeting.

Unfortunately, because of the roads reorganizations, it might be more difficult to reach our location. We are looking forward for those modifications to be finish and have an access more easily to our hotel. As well we are working with Google map to provide better indication with the direction.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are not new, but they are clean and well kept. The air conditioner is a bit loud but not horrible. The staff has been very welcoming and kind. The in house Resturant is very good, and again the staff is very welcoming.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear traveler from Saskatoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write your good feedback.

I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts.

Hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus the next time you are in Montreal.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family always stays here when we come to visit the West Island. Best Westerns always have great accommodations and this one is no exception! Rooms are big and comfortable for 4 adults.
The FREE cook to order breakfast is AMAZING and a really great perk!! A nice upgrade from the previous continental breakfast they used to offer.
The front desk staff are great, the restaurant staff was very efficient an friendly and Rhys at the bar was really nice and kept my sister and I company :)
Location is great and even though it's so close to the airport I didn't notice any noise!
Will definitely stay here every time we come back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Jolene D, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Traveler,

How pleasant for a team to read your comment. I thank you very much for sharing your appreciation of your stay with us.

See you on your next trip to West Islandl!