“great stop over hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Dorval
Squamish, Canada
“great stop over hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

The perfect stop over hotel to get a good sleep and clean-up in between flights. We experienced excellent customer service, they even gave us toothpaste because we forgot ours. They served a great and quick to grab breakfast starting at 5am, which worked great for us because our flight was super earl. The rooms were in excellent shape - very clean and new looking.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jolene D, Front Office Manager at Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear traveler from Squamich,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a nice comment.

I am passing on your comments, knowing how much gratifying it is to learn about positive notification from our guests.

We look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Qualicum Beach, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Room small and dated; but adequate. Ancient bathroom fittings... e.g. turquoise porcelain. Good shuttle service from airport... also drropped us at VIA Rail staion at end of stay. Hotel restaurant ridiculously expensive. Bar waitress rude to point of obnoxious. Ancient and damaged Bar furnishingss need major overhaul. Would I stay again? Maybe... but I'd give the bar and restaurant a wide berth! Excellent & helpful fron desk staff.

Room Tip: Request top floor room on quiet side of building.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jolene D, Front Office Manager at Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

I wish to thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am sorry that our restaurant did not meet your expectation. Please know that we are currently working on a renovation project for our restaurant.

I am glad you did enjoy your shuttle service. Our front desk staff is available 24h to assist you with any question.

I hope you will be staying with us again.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Have stayed twice at this location for business. First time for one night, last week (March 2013) for four nights. My experience has been very positive. The rooms are clean and well appointed. Small office area in the room is very convenient. The breakfast is included and is very acceptable. The woman who organizes it is very pleasant and makes sure that the food and coffee are both fresh and hot. If you are going to be in the West Island area, the location is very good. Even got caught in a huge snowstorm and a maintenance guy from the hotel helped free my car.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jolene D, Front Office Manager at Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hello traveler from Vancouver,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your excellent experiences in our Hotel. We are happy that our services met yours needs during your differents stays.

I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. !

If we can be of any assistance for your futures reservation, do not hesitate to contact us at any times.

Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Plus coming back from Mexico. First, we couldn't find the shuttle at the airport, and an airport staff member suggested we take a taxi instead since the hotel was a 5 mins drive. Well, to our surprise, we were charged the ''standard fee'' for taxi service which is 17$, for the whole 4 mins we used it... Check in was quick and efficient. Our room was dated and small with a double bed, but for the price we paid (89$) it was fine. All was going well until we were woken up with a weird noise at around 11:30 pm. It sounded like someone was drumming next door! We got up and started investigating where that noise was coming from, and figured it came from the bathroom. Even with the bathroom door shut we could still hear it. So I called the front desk and ask for someone to please come check it. A woman came by and poked her head in our room, standing in the hall, and said I don't hear anything, and she started leaving! I told her to come in, shut the door and listen. The noise started again, and after 10 secs of being in our room, she walked back out saying that it came from the bathroom fan (which was off) and that they couldn't do anything about it. That's it. So we ended up trying to sleep with a pillow over our head...needless to say wasn't the best sleep:( Anyway, the following morning, at the check out, I told the man at the counter, he said he was sorry, but the good news was our balance was at 0. I said of course it's at 0 it was pre-paid, so he chuckled and said yeah. He then told me to call the customer service manager on Monday if I had any further issues! Really??? Waiting for the shuttle to take us to our train, 2 women, very obviously prostitutes were sitting in the lobby next to me. I say obviously not only because of the way they looked, but by their not-so-subtle conversation about the night they had just spent....

Monday morning I left a message, and the customer service manager called me a few days later. She was very nice and quickly apologized (seemed sincere) for her staff's rude behavior and offered a decent compensation, promising me to talk to her staff and asking me to give them another chance on our next trip to Montreal. Sorry, I forget you name, but thank you customer service manager for calling me back and dealing with this issue.... But I'm not so sure if we ever will come back.

Breakfast was decent. I can't comment on their spa/gym area as we did not use it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Beachbommm
Jolene D, Front Office Manager at Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Madame from Ottawa,

As per our telephone conversation and my email sent to you, I really hope that you will consider staying with us again.

When ready to make you reservation, please contact me directly.

Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We booked this hotel for the evening in order to get a shuttle to the airport at 6 a.m. When we arrived we went to our room and we were overcome by perfume. I have super sensitive smell and I thought I was being over reactive but when my husband started feeling ill we knew we had to do something.

The front desk was very accommodating and the told us that sometimes housekeeping goes a little overboard with the scent spray. We were moved to another room which was better. In this day and age with so many sensitive asthma people around, maybe they need to rethink the fake scent spray.

In the morning we woke up early to get some breakfast and catch the shuttle at 6 am. There were close to 25 people waiting for the shuttle to arrive. A small van pulled up and could only fit one family which consisted of 3 people and there luggage. My husband started to get concerned, he went to the front desk to inquire about the shuttle. The man at the front desk said it's a van and it comes every half hour. We said there is 25 people waiting, at this rate we will never get to the airport. Many people started calling taxis. We were next in line and got into the next van. I don't know what the other people had to do to get to the airport. On the way home we had an extended wait in the cold to be picked up. Many of the other hotel buses (yes the large ones) came twice before ours showed up.

My advice, pay more and stay at another hotel if you are using this as a shuttle service.

Room Tip: get a room somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jolene D, Front Office Manager at Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear traveller from Ottawa,

Let me start by thanking you for sharing your feeling of your recent stay at our property.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use the Trip Advisor information to improve our services.

I apologize for our shuttle service inconveniences. We strive to provide excellent service with our shuttle and our accommodation. I’m glad that our front desk staff could change the room so you can enjoy our room.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Aloft Montreal Airport
Aloft Montreal Airport
#50 of 164 in Montreal

Been to Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!