“Trendy Marriott” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dorval
Toronto, Canada
“Trendy Marriott”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

First time at the Marriott Dorval, and we were pleasantly surprised by the modern facilities and trendy design. We've stayed at other Marriotts in Asia and it almost met that standard.
The room was spacious and bright, with a view of the airplanes taxiing by. The King sized bed was very comfortable and made for a restful sleep. If you are a light sleeper, the noise of airplanes taking off and landing might cause you some sleep interruption if your room faces the runway.
There is a small swimming pool which we didn't use, but the modern gym was used extensively. Very good cardio equipment and dead weights, but only one universal weight system.
I was excited to see the illy coffee bar in the lobby, but the coffee left MUCH to be desired. Not even close to the European version.
Overall, the hotel looked good and service was good, but was quite dear for an airport hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fourth_musketeer1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Marriott's location--right in the airport terminal--makes it the best choice if you have an overnight stopover in Montreal. Convenient. Clean. Courteous service. My room was spacious. The bed was pretty soft with lots of pillows. The water pressure in the showers was disappointing. The toiletries were quite nice. In the end, the location alone makes this a good choice and I will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mtl_Airport_Marriott, General Manager at Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate the time you took to share your great feedback about our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the comforts of your room as well as our convenient location inside the airport terminal. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again whenever you are flying out of Montreal!
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stay in a LOT of Marriott Hotels and this one is pretty top notch. EXPENSIVE, but worth it if you are flying in late and out early. I literally walk out of the hotel down to the gate in the morning...pretty nice. The rooms are very well appointed, bathrooms are excellent. Staff is professional and polite. One of the finest Marriott's I have ever stayed at...very nice. The lounge is also great, providing full breakfasts and dinners (although the charge for alcohol in addition to the very high charge is out of place). One con I have is I am used to getting a room "perk" (bottle of wine & cheese plate, etc) as a premium status member...nothing here but lounge access. Doesn't matter much, as the place is really wonderful and a life saver for my early morning departures.

Had one issue...somebody charged an expensive meal w/lots of drinks from the restaurant to my room on a trip (have stayed here many, many times). A quick check from the staff and an apology had it taken off without a hitch.

Room Tip: Runway view is fun to see the planes. There is THICK glass on the windows so noise is not an issue...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Medway, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

My stance is, you've seen one, you've seen them all. But this one is different...

Stayed the night there when going on a press trip and found it to be SO convenient (especially for those late night arrivals, as was the case with me). The bed was comfortable, the food in the restaurant was delicious (not included unless you pay extra for the B&B rate) and a wonderful start to the day, lending itself to the continental ambiance that is Quebec Province and it's being built atop the terminals, etc. of the airport makes it an extremely viable part of any trip in or out of Montreal's airport.

I highly recommend this to anyone going in or out of the city. The nighttime views of the city, alone, make it worth the cost of the stay.

Room Tip: Have only been there once but I would recommend asking for a room on a higher floor, not because the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mtl_Airport_Marriott, General Manager at Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your rave review of our hotel! We are happy to hear that you found our property to stand out of the ordinary and took the time to share your positive feedback. We're glad that you enjoyed our comfortable beds as well as the delicious meal you had in our Bijou restaurant. Our convenient location right inside the airport terminal is a definite plus for travelers with late night arrivals such as yourself or very early morning departures so we hope that next time you are in Montreal, you will stay with us again!
Wilmington, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I seem to frequently be let down by hotels, perhaps it’s my luck or perhaps it’s my perspective. But whatever the case, I am happy to sing the praises of the Montreal Airport Marriot! Soooo clean! Soooo new feeling. Nice bright room. Great internet. Great TV. Oh, and the restaurant was excellent! I had the filet and didn’t want that meal to end! So combine all that with the simple access to my flight the next morning (literally attached to the terminal), and you are a priceless hotel in my book. I’m typically a Hilton guy, but this Marriott has certainly given me the wandering eye when it comes to hotel selection.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mtl_Airport_Marriott, General Manager at Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. We appreciate your great feedback and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as the convenience of our location right inside the airport! We're also glad to know that you found our Bijou restaurant/bar to be excellent and that you were very satisfied with the comforts of your guestroom.

We value your business and hope that you will become a regular customer at the Montreal Airport Marriott whenever you are in Montreal!
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was forced to stay in Montreal by disruption of my flights. This hotel is attached to the terminal building, extremely convenient, especially for someone worn out from travel. The room was clean, quiet, comfortable, and spacious. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. I did not eat at the restaurant because the prices were quite high.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

One of my flight was delayed and I had to spend the night in Montreal. The hotel is conveniently located in the terminal so no need to go anywhere just walk. The rooms are spacious and the beds are extremely comfortable it is also really clean. I would highly recommend this hotel I think it is worth it to spend just a little extra for the convinience. I would come back here if I had to overnight in Montreal.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Aloft Montreal Airport
Aloft Montreal Airport
#50 of 164 in Montreal
Comfort Inn Aeroport
#5 of 7 in Dorval

Been to Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel? Share your experiences!