“Good food but....”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My sister and I went for lunch, happy to say the food was great and plenty of it. Our waiter was friendly and very attentive. Upon finishing her salad my sister found a long dark hair on the plate, too late she had already eaten it but informed our waiter who promptly went to the manager to inform him. Much to our dismay he did not even come over to apologize or offer us a dessert or anything. I think this is unacceptable giving that we frequent this restaurant often. I do not think I will return as I do not think this manager values us as customers and sadly this is very poor business.

4  Thank cubalover88
There are newer reviews for Scarolie's

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Italian restaurant with a top notch menu and more than you can eat delicious consistent meals, I promise you will be back for more. I usually dine on Saturday evenings (always best to make a reservation). They immediately serve you with warm - just out of the oven crusty bread and a dipping plate of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The menu embraces new and traditional dishes, from cured to grilled meats, seafood, chicken and fresh pastas. Everything is made in-house with pride and care.
Service is quick and efficient, and staff is knowledgeable of their dishes. If you wish to omit certain ingredients, they are more than happy to do so to make the customer satisfied.
Prices reflect quality and are very fair for the amount served.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

While most of us know that Scarolies is good,portions are a nice size,take out service needs work! I ordered close to 100$ of food last night,when I went in to pick it up,the guy piled all the food onto my arms. The last time I was there someone did help me with my order,this time this guy felt it was too busy to get someone to help me. By the time I got to my car,which was double parked (maybe a minute from the counter to my car) I had a second degree burn! I did call the restaurant to complain and the manager told me that he will give me a certificate,which obviously I am not interested in!!!!!!! Just wondering how in good conscience this guy could let me leave with with the hot food piled up and no help! I did have money out to tip and perhaps I should have said something right away but I was in shock and afraid I would drop it. He didn't even hang around to help me with the door!!! Great food Scarolies but terrible take out service!!!!!!

2  Thank Loramay12
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I had the lemon veal and it was delicious. They put a lot of lemon sauce on the veal which was good because I got to dip my bread in it. The bread is the best - warm...fresh. So good. The house wine was so-so.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was our first visit to Scarolie's. We went with a friend that is familiar with the restaurant. I ordered manicotti. It was fresh, lots of mozzarella cheese and the sauce was perfect. I would order it again. Our host ordered vegetable soup of the day, portobello mushrooms and calamari fritte which he shared. Both were amazing. The calamari were very lightly battered to perfection and came to the table nice and hot. One of the best I've had. My partner had the pizza carbonara, it had lots of toppings and the crust was crunchy.

I would definitely return. The service was great and friendly and fast.