“Cheap, and not just the food.”
Review of Pointe-Claire Deli

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pointe-Claire Deli
Ranked #56 of 100 Restaurants in Pointe Claire
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Been to the restaurant twice now. First time for lunch and it was “good”. Recently for breakfast, could get same anywhere. What you get is the poor attitude and the need to be grateful that you are allowed to visit this restaurant.

It has the potential for good home-style food however the attitude from the waitress/co-owner has a lot to be desired. During breakfast had my coffee topped-up. When I asked for another top-up we were told we could only have half a top-up or be charged for another cup. Have never experienced that cheapness in a place like this before.

This restaurant needs to know that it is customers that keep’s a business alive, not poor attitude and thinking that customers owe the establishment gratitude.

I certainly will not be going back and will not be recommending to anyone again. Very disappointing!

2  Thank DHelyar
There are newer reviews for Pointe-Claire Deli

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Been there a few times and I will keep going because there is nothing like a good home cooked meal in a little place (nothing fancy) but that's what makes this place comfy.
Special Deli Pizza is great, you will actually find pieces of mushrooms, onions etc... not some lame thin sliver of something that you can actually count. And yes, there are actually strips of bacon on it!
Their soup of the day are always yummy - I love their pea soup!
As for their smoked meat - it is great - no dry meat like you would find in the specialty restaurants, simply juicy.

1  Thank Melanie L
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I've been here a few times and the food is OK but it's really nothing special (If you want smoked meat - I'd say drive a bit further and you could get yourself something amazing). However the last time I ordered pick up/take away I was really disappointed. I ordered a few smoke meat sandwiches with fries and a single souvlaki chicken stick (it usually comes as a platter with rice and salad) but due to some allergies we called and asked if we could only buy the chicken stick (would still pay the price for the platter, but not to put rice or salad) - At first they refused and after some prodding the lady on the phone said she would try to do it but couldn't guarantee it could be done. When we picked up the food order - they did indeed give us a single chicken stick - and also blessed us with a side order of attitude. The lady (the owner's wife ?) was very rude with us and told us that we were very lucky that she did this for us and would never do it again in the future, when we explained again that it was due to allergies she shrugged it off and said they don't do these "special orders" and would not do it again. We have never had these problems with any other restaurants - willing to pay full price for less than 1/2 the food as still treated like crap.

1  Thank 79Malibu
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Order spécial deli pointe Claire pizza! Amazing good!!!