“Love their pizza, hate that they no longer deliver”
Review of Gigi Restaurant

Gigi Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 100 Restaurants in Pointe Claire
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I keep my sailboat at nearby Pointe Claire Yacht Club and have been eating Gigi's pizza for over forty years.

Bar none, they make the best "cheesy" pizza I have ever had anywhere.

They never skimp on ingredients.

They're pizzas aren't the cheapest in the West Island, they're just the best.

My only complaint, and one that knocks the out of five stars for me, is that they no longer deliver. Why????

1  Thank Blye

Reviewed December 31, 2011

Best pizza on the west island (south-west end of Montreal island), been my favourite for over 15 years. It's located in Pointe Claire Village, which is a cozy place where one can peruse the many little shops and also enjoy a walk or picnic (summertime) in the park near the waters of Lake St. Louis (part of the St. Lawrence Seaway). Gigi’s is kind of set up like a diner, very basic, functional simple diner-style booth seating. There are no cozy romantic hideaways here. You don’t come here for anything but the pizza, the rest of the menu is average at best, but the pizza is superb!!! Water is served in plastic cups; fortunately you get a real plate, knife and fork too. Service is hit and miss, most of the wait staff is polite, but not much friendly love going around here which is really too bad because when you take a winning product like their pizza and add some sincere genuine friendly service – it’s what makes a small family-owned restaurant a real winner in my books. Here it’s about as friendly as a fast food burger joint, after all these years of patronage, there’s no face recognition at all, and a real shame I think.

BUT the pizza is delicious, especially if you like homemade Montreal style pizza. The dough and sauce taste homemade, great quality toppings and cheese cooked to brown piping hot perfection. The standard pizza in Montreal is called “all-dressed” (pepperoni, mushroom, green pepper & cheese on top). My favorite is the Deluxe (all-dressed + bacon and onion). I often sprinkle chilli pepper flakes and black pepper on mine. My friend tried the Anchovy Pizza and said it was very good; it was a cheese pizza with a copious amount of anchovy on top. If you like simple, I sometimes enjoy the Cheese pizza. Oh, they will do thin crust for you, but I love my thick crust so I stick to the thick homemade style dough - it's so good!!!

But I don’t find it cheap, good pizza is pretty expensive these days, but Gigi’s is not more expensive than any family-owned pizza joint. I guess you get what you pay for and I'm willing to treat myself once in a while.

Gigi’s has stopped delivery service, the only way to enjoy it is to drive to the restaurant and pick-up some take-out or stay and eat-in.

Pros: Excellent pizza, Montreal style served piping hot, juicy and cheesy-gooey. Try the “all-dressed” or the “deluxe”.

Cons: Currently, no delivery service. Restaurant is a very basic diner set-up. Service is curt.

1  Thank kevinep
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Wonderful typical Montreal pizza. Delicious crust super sauce and generous toppings. Disclaimer I live one kilometer away it's local favorite. The atmosphere is fifties bench diner decor.

1  Thank Aprilia2005
Reviewed February 15, 2010

And I live in Toronto, albeit I'm an ex-pat Mtl West Islander. It's the best place for traditional Montreal-style pizza. Montreal-style pizza is a thin crust, layers and layers of toppings (not skimpy four or five slices of pepperoni per slice) I get the All-Dressed pizza which is a continuous overlapped layer of pepperoni, layers or mushrooms and a good helping of green peppers per slice. All of this deliciousness is BELOW a thick layer of nicely browned cheese. The result is juicy, cheesy pizza goodness. The pizza is pricey but when you dig in you'll know why.

Service both take out and eat in is efficient. Atmosphere is typical of a small, indy pizzeria - you go for the pizza not for the atmosphere or decor.

1  Thank sdwc
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Mostly we get Pizza to go or delivery but if you happen to be in Pointe-Claire village, it's a cozy place to eat! The pizza's may seem pricey but wait until you open the lid of the pizza box!! Massive toppings and cheese. The value is in the big tasty crust, bountiful toppings and amazing sauce. When we are arguing over where to order pizza, GIGI's is always a place we can all agree on.

1  Thank KevinAmanda