“Oops: watch your bill!”

Ranked #3 of 111 Restaurants in Pointe Claire
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Boulevard Des Sources
Description: Discover 40 Westt, Montreal's West Island's best kept secret, located minutes from the airport and within proximity of downtown, offering an unsurpassed dining experience in its "Hotel Look" ambiance. Whether you're enjoying a succulent steak, sampling our freshly shucked oysters, indulging on one of our sinful desserts or enjoying the smooth sounds of soul; 40 Westt has all the ingredients for a memorable evening. Découvrez 40 Westt, le plus beau secret de L’Ouest de L’île de Montréal, situé à quelque minutes de l’aéroport et a proximité du centre-ville, offrant à sa clientèle une expérience culinaire magistrale dans son ambiance “Hotel Look.” Que ce soit pour savourer un steak succulent, goûter a nos huîtres fraîches assorties, céder a l’un de nos desserts irrésistible ou écourter la musique décontractée; 40 Westt a tous les ingrédients pour un soirée inoubliable.
Reviewed March 23, 2019

Let us start with the (very) positive as this was an exceptional evening. The menu is great, the food is delicious, the atmosphere worth it, the open kitchen concept nice (best to be seated away), the service is impeccable. This is the high end restaurant of the West Island of Montreal: no other restaurant can compete. You can feel the affluence of people coming in even as large families from 6 or 10 people, ready to pay $100 per person. You go in knowing that it will be expensive but worth it: wines are at 3.5 to 4 times the price of the SAQ. What you do not expect, especially in front of persons you have invited, is to have to take a close look at the bill. I am glad I did though, as I quickly noticed the difference between what we ordered (370$ in my rough estimate) and a bill of 480$, due to a second bottle of wine worth 98$ before tax """that we had not ordered"""". Just wondering how would I have felt if I only checked my bill at home half an hour later: go back and claim I did not consume that expensive bottle? Ummm...who would believe me?

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank Fred G

Reviewed February 16, 2019 via mobile

40 Westt was friendly, comfortable and the food was delicious.
I was invited by friends who are regulars. They knew just was to recommend and the steak did not disappoint. It was fresh,tender and juicy... melts in your mouth. These guys know steak.

Enjoy and bon appetit.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed January 23, 2019

I quite enjoyed my seafood linguini. Portion size was a bit small but probably better for my waist anyway. My only complaint was that the wait staff were constantly hovering, reaching in front to grab plates, top up water. This while myself and my guests were trying to carry on a conversation. I guess thats a good thing compared to not being attentive but it just seemed it was a bit over the top. Maybe thats just me,,,

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 15, 2019

This is my go to Steak place with friends family or business.
The waiters are excellant and the food is incredible.
Its not cheap but you definatly get your moneys worth.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed January 15, 2019

I went to the 40 Westt restaurant with my son and we shared a Tomahawk steak. It was the best steak I ate over the last 20 years!! The meat was perfectly cooked on charcoals and tasted so good! We accompanied the meat with fries and mushrooms, excellent too. As a starter we had a few oysters that were very good. For dessert we had a chocolate fondant that was awesome, not too sweet and accompanied with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Service was great and the waiter gave us good advice when choosing from the menu.

Date of visit: January 2019