“great food and gluten free friendly”
Review of Katoreya

Katoreya
Ranked #10 of 96 Restaurants in Pointe Claire
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Montreal, Canada
“great food and gluten free friendly”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have celiac disease which tends to make me head to Asian restaurants since there are usually gluten free options. This place was very responsive to the gluten free and quickly told me what I couldn't eat, then suggested the "chef's special" with special items for me. All of us ordered this, and the choice was one of the best sashimi-sushi-maki etc mixtures I have ever had. I had a few special items of my own to compensate for the maki I couldn't eat. Everything was gloriously full of flavour.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank GneissGirl

Pointe Claire, Canada
“Come and try to taste”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Yesterday night , I came here with my hubbie to have diner . It's a great great restaurant . The food was excellent , service 's scrupulous and officious . We had a great diner .We ' ll come back occasionally.

• Visited November 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Great new Japanese/sushi joint in West Island”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I came across Katoreya while driving back from the airport. It's located on Sources Blvd right next to where the former Bourbon St West used to be. The ambiance when you walk in is nice and the service throughout the dinner service was good. The choice of sushi and sashimi is very typical amongst other similar restaurants in the neighborhood. They also have a "special sushi" section of the menu with some more creative offerings. Everything was very fresh... in fact, the waiter refused to serve us Uni (sea urchin) because the chef said it wasn't that fresh. I appreciated their honesty. The teriyaki dishes are also excellent and the yam tempura appetizer is a must-try! The only negative would be the price-point... a little more expensive than some other local sushi restaurants in the area.

• Visited October 2012