First of all, the website reservation's description is in French. Could not pick the type of room I was looking for. Booked a two Queen suite which was on the 7th floor (or executive floor) when I checked in at the frontdesk. Supposedly got upgraded to a King suite (with kitchen) on the 4th floor. I hate being on the lower floors because that is where most of the general event-goers are placed; sure enough, there were kids running amok on our floor making loud noises outside our room.
There was no hair-dryer in my room. Called downstairs and they sent one up..figured why..the fuse keeps blowing. Called frontdesk about it and the phone died. Went downstairs to tell frontdesk to send someone to fix those problems while I am out on business. Informed the frontdesk that the desk chair was a nuisance because it kept hitting the King bed due to its poor placement. Also tried to change room if possible since it was around 10:00am. I was told that the hotel was fully booked for the night and that the only room available was a handicap room. I thought that as a Platinum member, I would be able to swap with someone who hasn't even checked in yet..but, no such luck.
Some of the downside experienced while staying at this hotel (in room 424) was..
- unsightly view out the window overlooking the rooftop of the restaurant
- facing the back parking lot and such low floor..2 nights in a row, a vehicle alarm was going off
- desk is at the bottom of the King bed does not offer enough space for a comfortable working environment. Such a nuisance having to move chair out of the way to get by
- kitchen water tap is reversed..cold water symbol on right is actually hot. And, you cannot get cold water from this tap; at best, only warm water. If you want cold water for you coffee maker, get it from the washroom water tap.
- didn't go to the other floors; but, upon exiting the elevator on the 4th floor, there is a foul smell from either the carpet or something.
Upside to this hotel..
- nice renovation..definitely much better looking than before.
- nice big exercise area (3 working treadmill and 2 elliptical)
- nice big hottub by the pool
- dishwasher in this room so that I may wash my own dishes, cups, and especially the coffee maker pot and bag-holder..not one to trust the job done by someone else.
Was it worth the money that I had spent here??? not really...
Will I stay here again??? probably not...I will most likely stay at the Holiday Inn Express Cote de Liesse. I usually get upgraded to those executive suite with the separate television area. In fact, I was once upgraded to the Presidential suite because I stay there so much. BTW, for those interested, their television area alone is bigger than my suite here in room 424.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pour de l'information en franÃ§ais, visitez: Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Montreal Aeroport Hotel. Welcome to a Warm and Friendly Montreal, Quebec Hotel La Belle Province of Canada We are located in the heart of Montreal's West Island just minutes from Montreal's Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (YUL) with a free airport shuttle and Dorval Train Station.For business, the Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Airport Hotel in Montreal, Quebec offers extensive meeting & convention facilities. Our 14 meeting rooms and nearly 10,000 square feet of space can accommodate up to 750 guests and caters to corporate and social events.Leisure travelers love our close proximity to one of Canada's largest shopping malls: the famous Fairview Mall in Pointe Claire is situated just across the street from our Montreal, Quebec hotel. We're just 20 minutes from downtown Montreal and close to several major tourist attractions and family-oriented activities that can be reached within minutes from our Montreal airport hotel.We offer free high-speed Internet access in each room, free parking, an indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, squash courts and a fantastic breakfast buffet daily. Our restaurant and bar offer business and casual dining. Guests have 24-hour access to the fitness and business centres. Please make your next reservation at Holiday Inn Pointe Claire hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, IHG, Orbitz, Reservation Counter, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Montreal Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Montreal Airport Hotel Pointe Claire
- Pointe Claire Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Montreal Airport Canada - Quebec