“Think I got downgraded instead of upgraded with my Platinum Elite”

Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Montreal Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Pointe Claire
Oakville, Canada
“Think I got downgraded instead of upgraded with my Platinum Elite”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

First of all, the website reservation's description is in French. Could not pick the type of room I was looking for. Booked a two Queen suite which was on the 7th floor (or executive floor) when I checked in at the frontdesk. Supposedly got upgraded to a King suite (with kitchen) on the 4th floor. I hate being on the lower floors because that is where most of the general event-goers are placed; sure enough, there were kids running amok on our floor making loud noises outside our room.
There was no hair-dryer in my room. Called downstairs and they sent one up..figured why..the fuse keeps blowing. Called frontdesk about it and the phone died. Went downstairs to tell frontdesk to send someone to fix those problems while I am out on business. Informed the frontdesk that the desk chair was a nuisance because it kept hitting the King bed due to its poor placement. Also tried to change room if possible since it was around 10:00am. I was told that the hotel was fully booked for the night and that the only room available was a handicap room. I thought that as a Platinum member, I would be able to swap with someone who hasn't even checked in yet..but, no such luck.

Some of the downside experienced while staying at this hotel (in room 424) was..
- unsightly view out the window overlooking the rooftop of the restaurant
- facing the back parking lot and such low floor..2 nights in a row, a vehicle alarm was going off
- desk is at the bottom of the King bed does not offer enough space for a comfortable working environment. Such a nuisance having to move chair out of the way to get by
- kitchen water tap is reversed..cold water symbol on right is actually hot. And, you cannot get cold water from this tap; at best, only warm water. If you want cold water for you coffee maker, get it from the washroom water tap.
- didn't go to the other floors; but, upon exiting the elevator on the 4th floor, there is a foul smell from either the carpet or something.

Upside to this hotel..
- nice renovation..definitely much better looking than before.
- nice big exercise area (3 working treadmill and 2 elliptical)
- nice big hottub by the pool
- dishwasher in this room so that I may wash my own dishes, cups, and especially the coffee maker pot and bag-holder..not one to trust the job done by someone else.

Was it worth the money that I had spent here??? not really...
Will I stay here again??? probably not...I will most likely stay at the Holiday Inn Express Cote de Liesse. I usually get upgraded to those executive suite with the separate television area. In fact, I was once upgraded to the Presidential suite because I stay there so much. BTW, for those interested, their television area alone is bigger than my suite here in room 424.

Room Tip: - avoid lower floors facing parking lot; otherwise, you will be looking at an unsightly rooftop of t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank RTam87
ManagementTeamHIPC, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Montreal Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Platinum Guest,
We would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your last stay with us and, regret that your accomodations were not to your entire satisfaction.
Our relationship with our Guests, especially Platinum Members is of greatest importance to us. Should we be of further assistance to restore your faith in confidence, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Please accept our best regards,
Melanie
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We just got back from 3 nights at this hotel - it was great! Newly renovated, spotless, good staff, nice facilities. Microwave and coffee maker in room, which we appreciated with a little one. We didn't eat at the hotel, but the bar.lounge looked pretty good and was quite busy each time we passed by. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamHIPC, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Montreal Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased you enjoyed your 3 night stay :-)
Thank you for recommending our hotel!
We look forward to your future stay,
Warmest regards,
Melanie
Ajax, Canada
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This hotel is so dry for me, location is sort of isolated. You have to walk over a bridge, dodging cars, to get to the other side where the mall is. You can hear cars zipping through because it is close to the highway. It is also an airplane path so, you get the air noise as well.

I was told that I can have a late check out but it was not the case, my plane departs at 5pm so I have to check out at 2pm and hang around the airport.

The restaurant staff are like vultures waiting for tips! Can't help but hear some waiters talking about how they were stiffed - very unprofessional servers when people can hear them - or I guess intentionally did it.

I sure made a wrong choice staying for 3 worthless nights!! I will not choose this again if I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ManagementTeamHIPC, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Montreal Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Guest,
We greatly appreciate your thoughtfulness in taking the time to write your comments. Needless to say, we were very concerned to learn about your opinion about our hotel.
There is a safe walkway for pedestrians over the bridge, however, we understand that it may not be feasible for all guests. Our location is close to the airport, which is great for travellers, we are also 25 mins away from downtown, for those looking to lodge outside of the busy downtown area. We have a great shopping mall accross the highway from us, and fabulous restaurants north of the hotel. We have recently renovated our hotel and installed new windows trying to eliminate highway noise.
We do offer 2pm late check-out for our Priority Club guest (instead of 12pm). We are so sorry we couldn't accomodate you later than 2pm as we need to ensure the rooms are ready for our 3pm check-ins.
I have transferred your comments to our restaurant manager and we were quite surprised to read about such comments as the staff usually receive great comments.
We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity for improvement.
Kind regards,
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I travel about four days a week for work and staying in hotels half of the month is what I call a second home . Though the hotel is clean last month while staying at this hotel I woke up to bed bugs . I was able to catch one in a container and then looked it up on line to verify. The hotel manger did move me and gave me a free breakfast but I have no Idea if the problem was fixed. Needless to say I did not sleep that night even though I was moved to a different floor . Bed bugs travel very well and you can take them home with you I did take proper measure when I did return home to ensure that they didn't come home with me . But this is just gross.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank sassietlw
Dear Guest,
We were very concerned to hear about your recent stay. Our hotel is newly renovated with all new mattresses. Cleanliness is our top priority. We have followed up with the manager and I am glad to advise you that the room was thoroughly inspected and there was no sign of bed bugs, nor did we find any other bug.
We have very sorry for any inconveniences.
Do rest assured that we take these type of situations very seriously.
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I came to Montreal on a business training event at the Holiday Inn Pointe Claire. Friendly staff, fully renovated with a modern looking hotel made my staying very pleasant. I recommend this hotel 100%.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Bergonz,
That you very much for your short & sweet comment about our hotel!
We are so glad to know that you fully recommend our hotel :-)
Until next time!
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed July 11, 2012

A great location for the convention we were attending. Great shuttle service from the airport and a welcoming hotel staff. We did not eat breakfast there but it is available. The rooms were very clean with the ability to have a cool air-conditioned room. The pool and whirlpool were a good size. It was a little drive to downtown but do-able. First time at this hotel location and worth remembering.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank M.Remi
Dear M. Remi,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write your fabulous comments about our hotel on TripAdvisor!
It is so wonderful to read your comments and we are delighted to know that your first stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Pointe-Claire was a memorable one!
We hope to provide many more :-)
Kind regards,
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We just spend a great week end at the Holiday Inn Pointe Claire. The staff was brillant. Our room was great. The bed was very confortable. The bathroom was in top shape with all the amenities you expect. Our room had a view of Mont-Royal and we could also see the lake St-Francois. I will surely go back. The restaurant is also very good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Montreal Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your great comments! We really appreciate that you took the time to write your comments about our hotel.
We look forward to greeting you again in the near future.
Warmest regards,
Novotel Montreal Aeroport
Novotel Montreal Aeroport
#68 of 164 in Montreal
Courtyard Montreal West Island/Baie D’Urfe

Been to Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!