“Very slow service”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Montreal, Canada
“Very slow service”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Everything about this restaurant was mediocre though the decor was inviting. The food was okay but too expensive for the quantity. The worst part was having to wait almost an hour for our food to be served. The service was courteous but very, very slow. I don't think we will ever go back.

• Visited January 2014

Montreal, Canada
“Different Strokes For Different Folks”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

L'Academie Restaurant of Crescent Street fame has a branch on St Jean Road in Pointe Claire. The food is good. Not great, but good. You know a 6.5 out of 10.

The owners just don't get that the West Island has a different clientele. Perhaps downtown, with its high turnover and constant supply of tourist you can get away with all sorts of things, but not out here! We know great food, service and ambiance, and it is not under your roof.

But it could be with very little effort. Get a decent chef. People will forgive the decor in favor of flavor (think Schwartz's).

Put some dividers in to break up the noise. I don't need to hear the shrieker at table 12 when I walk in the door. I'm thinking some greenery, some fabrics will mellow out my acoustic experience.

One good thing is that there is plenty of free parking, easy access and almost always a free table, although that may change if they listen to this review.

Ask for a table near the front as it is always quieter.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Jmberson
“Good food and value but LOUD ”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Food was good but service was very slow. I think it was just our waiter. He always seemed distracted with something. Main issue was sound level. Impossible to have a conversation with anyone at the table of 4. It got very tiring when dining should be a relaxing time.

1 Thank Jekyl92
Kirkland, Canada
“Good food, good value”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Went here for supper with a group of friends and was not disappointed. Decor is modern sterile chique, but the young staff are friendly and enthusiastic and the menu is well laid-out and easy to follow. Prices are a bit high, but there are daily specials that are super value.....e.g. moules/frites for $9.95 from Sunday to Thursday. We were a group and split our choices mainly between the moules (4 different sauces) and different pastas. All were good and the portions very generous. There were good reports about the duck magret also. And you have the added bonus of a bring-your-own-wine establishment. Numerous restaurants in this location have failed.....I wish L'Acadamie better success.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank QCern
Belleville, Ontario, Canada
“Great food, but not for vegetarians”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

My sister chose to make reservations at L'Academie because of its varied menu. I am vegetarian and don't eat wheat. Well, I guess they have changed their menu, perhaps for the winter? There was very little choice, and no full-meal salads from which to choose. They accommodated me with a large salad to go with my fish (which was delicious), but I was disappointed that such a large restaurant would have such a poor selection of vegetarian / vegan choices.

Visited December 2013