“Good food and value but LOUD ”
Review of L'Academie

L'Academie
Ranked #32 of 100 Restaurants in Pointe Claire
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Food was good but service was very slow. I think it was just our waiter. He always seemed distracted with something. Main issue was sound level. Impossible to have a conversation with anyone at the table of 4. It got very tiring when dining should be a relaxing time.

1  Thank Jekyl92

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Went here for supper with a group of friends and was not disappointed. Decor is modern sterile chique, but the young staff are friendly and enthusiastic and the menu is well laid-out and easy to follow. Prices are a bit high, but there are daily specials that are super value.....e.g. moules/frites for $9.95 from Sunday to Thursday. We were a group and split our choices mainly between the moules (4 different sauces) and different pastas. All were good and the portions very generous. There were good reports about the duck magret also. And you have the added bonus of a bring-your-own-wine establishment. Numerous restaurants in this location have failed.....I wish L'Acadamie better success.

1  Thank QCern
Reviewed December 11, 2013

My sister chose to make reservations at L'Academie because of its varied menu. I am vegetarian and don't eat wheat. Well, I guess they have changed their menu, perhaps for the winter? There was very little choice, and no full-meal salads from which to choose. They accommodated me with a large salad to go with my fish (which was delicious), but I was disappointed that such a large restaurant would have such a poor selection of vegetarian / vegan choices.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were a group of four that went out to L'Academie in Pointe Claire on a Saturday night. Our reservation ensured that we did not have to wait in the line for a table. We enjoyed our meals - fish dishes or pasta. Well prepared and presented. The restaurant was a bit noisy however but that did not distract us and keep us from enjoying a good meal. The bring your own wine aspect makes it a nice evening out.

2  Thank Rick A
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was our first visit, but certainly not the last. Mussels and amazing fries, seafood pasta, chicken and fish were all delicious. The service was friendly and casual, not super polished but very pleasant. Nice decor and family friendly, but a little nosiy, typical of BYOW restaurants.