“Just OK”

Ranked #22 of 100 Restaurants in Pointe Claire
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I met two friends there & when they arrived they were told there were no tables available. My friends looked inside and found a table right away. We all ordered the 'famous fish & chips'. They were served on a long narrow plate, the fish on top of the chips, a little awkward for eating. The chips were warm, not hot, as if they had been sitting waiting for the fish. The fish seemed to be over cooked as it was a bit tough and dry. The service was OK although once we received our plates; we didn’t see the waitress again until we were done. We would have liked water but there was no one around to ask. I had a glass of water when we first arrived but the glass had been whisked away & no refill offered. There are much better places in the area for pub food. This was my second time eating dinner at McKibbin’s and was not impressed either time. The only reason I went this time was someone else had picked the restaurant.

There are newer reviews for McKibbins Irish Pub

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Standard pub food with average service, kind of a dark and dingy feel inside, not much ambiance. Our waitress was pleasant, and we opted for the bison burgers with fries and the curry dipping sauce which arrived fairly quickly. Everything was good, not great, if a little overpriced-$15.00 for a bison burger is a little exorbitant when you consider how cheap bison meat is, though undeniably healthy and tasty.
The pub is located in a busy mall with Futureshop, Chapter's and Moore's sharing it's space, I much prefer the McKibbins location on Bishop, a mainstay for many Concordia students. The one downtown has much more of a traditional Irish pub feel, while this feels more like a chain restaurant disguised as a pub. Amazes me how the outdoor seating area is always crowded with a multitude of cars just whizzing by a few feet away, the parking lot is one of the busiest on the West Island discounting Fairview Shopping Center.
You could really do much worse than this place, but I much prefer D'Arcy McGee's in central Ottawa, some of the best fisherman's chowder and steak sandwiches money can buy alongside consistently great service.

Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

Staff is fantastic

Beer is even better. A must for Montreal!

Reviewed April 3, 2012

We were suggested by the concierge at our hotel to check this pub out. What a great time! The band was fantastic and the vibe was just awesome. We decided to eat supper and I could not believe that the food we were eating was from this Pub. Everything was perfect.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Whenever I visit Montreal to see my girlfriend, we always make sure to come here on Tuesday nights for karaoke. My favorite thing to do in the whole world is come here on a Tuesday, drink too much, and get up to sing a few tunes. I highly recommend it, it's a blast. We only ever come to drink, so I can't speak for the food. I'm sure it's not bad though. Pub grub is pub grub.