“Never again unless Desperate” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Super 8 Kindersley
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Kindersley
Red Deer, Canada
“Never again unless Desperate”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Our company has employees staying in Motels & Hotels all over Alberta & Saskatchewan. They don't ask for much more than clean beds & rooms and of course running water. On Sunday night one of our employees was staying there and there was no running water in his room. They gave him a key to a room with running water to use! (not sure why they didn't move him). He was put in a suite, which is not a requirement or ever requested, only taken if there are no other rooms available.
Upon check-out he commented about the cost/charge of $160 + taxes due to the lack of water and they offered $18 off! Really??? The room should have been FREE. So instead of eating the cost for one night, they now get additional bad publicity. There are other options in Kindersley - try there first and only stay here if you are desperate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MotelBooker
Theresa K, Manager at Super 8 Kindersley, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Hi, We apologize that you did not find our guest room working enouth ,We are currently working with our staffs in a training program to make sure that this will not occur again. We do appreciate your business and we hope that you stay with us again soon.
Sincedrely,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
CYPRESS COUNTY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is supposedly the nicest hotel in Kindrrsley. I stayed there for 4 days in August. The 1st night I got there, the floor was very dirty. It couldn't have been vacuumed after the previous guests. There wrappers beside the bed & garbage behind the dresser. I let management know. The next the night, the floor was cleaner, but they never did get rid of the garbage for the 4 nights I was there.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank AlbertaJack007
We are sorry that your recen t stay was not what you expected. We are currently working with housekeepers and front desk staff to make sure that they are attentive to all of our guest n eeds.
Please consider being our guest againe soon .
Travel safely
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in, in my entire life! I travel a lot for work and this place was a nightmare. I am forever scared. There was a sock under my bed that made the whole room stench, the TV made a BUZZZZZZZZ sounds that would wake a mummy, the bathroom had bugs in it and cracks full of black grit everywhere. It was sick...Next time I will sleep in my car if I have too.

Room Tip: stay in another hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Shabbits
We apologize mthat you did not find our guestroom clean enough .
We are currently working with housekeeping in a training program to make sure that this will
not occur again. We do ap,preciate your business and we hope that you stay with us again soon.

Sincerly,
McAllen, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

Stayed here in May. Front Desk staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and nice to be on the ground floor so you have an outside door. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the ground floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kurt.mr S
Hello,
We opologize that you stay was not what you expected. We arfe currently lworking with housekeepers and front dest staff to make sure that they are attentive to all of lour guest needs. Pls consider being klour guest again soon.
Travel Safely,
Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed here for a few nights while working in the area. The room was nice and very clean. Had a full sized fridge and a nice large window. The continental breakfast that they offer has a nice selection from hard boiled eggs to oatmeal and bagels. Our only issue was with the cleaning lady who on the first day rudely walked in and cleaned around us even though we requested that the room NOT be cleaned to save resources as there was not much to be cleaned (we did not complain or even mention it), then when we DID request cleaning, refused to come in and clean unless we left the hotel and 'went for a walk' - wouldn't even take the garbage or refill the coffee. With a variety of computers, cell phones, and an ipad lying around our room as well as books and other personal papers, I was not willing to leave it all alone in the room with her or pack it all up and carry it out just to bring it back in and set it up again.The only reason I can see for refusing to change the garbage bags and the coffee while we are in the room is if she wants privacy to look at our belongings, unless she thinks that women and small children are going to attack her.
I also had the interesting experience of walking through the lobby and overhearing the receptionist inform a well-dressed business man that they had only their two most expensive suites available for the night. Which may have been true if I hadn't been on my way back through 10 minutes later to overhear her offering completely different rooms to another man looking to book a room!

Room Tip: If you want to save some money, don't walk in looking professional carrying a suitcase or the wo...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Brh3175
Theresa K, General Manager at Super 8 Kindersley, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear
Thank you for taking the time to write to Super8 customer Service regarding your experience at our Super8. I'm sorry that you were disappointed and lack olf concern regarding this situation.
As a consumer, I know how I expect to be treated. I am truly sorry that I failed to provide you with my very best. I hope that you will give us oppiortunity to serve you on your next visit to our area.
I asssure you that we will provide you with our very best on your return visit.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

We have stayed at other super 8's and always enjoyed our stay. However I was quite surprised how out of date our room was. We also found a broken piece of glass in the bed I shared with my five year old. We were going to address the glass but there was no staff at the desk while we had breakfast.
Other than the above, the staff were pleasant and our breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Kandjsmummy
Hello,
We are sorry that you stay was not what you expected. We are currently working with housekeepers and front desk staff to make sure that they are attentive to all of our guest needs. Please consider being lour guest again soon.
Travel Sasfely,
Waterloo, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

Not well kept, old white, full-size refrigerator in room, smoky smells. Helpfull staff.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank mcsOntarioCanada
Hi,
Thank nyou for review of the Kindersley, Sk. Super8, We will be improving our guestroon and breakfast soon per the new standards with Super 8 Worldwide. We hope that you return and enjoy our updare again soon .
Safe Travels,