“Nice hotel but not the greatest service from the staff” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Super 8 Kindersley
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Kindersley
Saskatoon, Canada
“Nice hotel but not the greatest service from the staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed here for a few nights while working in the area. The room was nice and very clean. Had a full sized fridge and a nice large window. The continental breakfast that they offer has a nice selection from hard boiled eggs to oatmeal and bagels. Our only issue was with the cleaning lady who on the first day rudely walked in and cleaned around us even though we requested that the room NOT be cleaned to save resources as there was not much to be cleaned (we did not complain or even mention it), then when we DID request cleaning, refused to come in and clean unless we left the hotel and 'went for a walk' - wouldn't even take the garbage or refill the coffee. With a variety of computers, cell phones, and an ipad lying around our room as well as books and other personal papers, I was not willing to leave it all alone in the room with her or pack it all up and carry it out just to bring it back in and set it up again.The only reason I can see for refusing to change the garbage bags and the coffee while we are in the room is if she wants privacy to look at our belongings, unless she thinks that women and small children are going to attack her.
I also had the interesting experience of walking through the lobby and overhearing the receptionist inform a well-dressed business man that they had only their two most expensive suites available for the night. Which may have been true if I hadn't been on my way back through 10 minutes later to overhear her offering completely different rooms to another man looking to book a room!

Room Tip: If you want to save some money, don't walk in looking professional carrying a suitcase or the wo...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Brh3175
Theresa K, General Manager at Super 8 Kindersley, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear
Thank you for taking the time to write to Super8 customer Service regarding your experience at our Super8. I'm sorry that you were disappointed and lack olf concern regarding this situation.
As a consumer, I know how I expect to be treated. I am truly sorry that I failed to provide you with my very best. I hope that you will give us oppiortunity to serve you on your next visit to our area.
I asssure you that we will provide you with our very best on your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

We have stayed at other super 8's and always enjoyed our stay. However I was quite surprised how out of date our room was. We also found a broken piece of glass in the bed I shared with my five year old. We were going to address the glass but there was no staff at the desk while we had breakfast.
Other than the above, the staff were pleasant and our breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Kandjsmummy
Theresa K, Manager at Super 8 Kindersley, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Hello,
We are sorry that you stay was not what you expected. We are currently working with housekeepers and front desk staff to make sure that they are attentive to all of our guest needs. Please consider being lour guest again soon.
Travel Sasfely,
Waterloo, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

Not well kept, old white, full-size refrigerator in room, smoky smells. Helpfull staff.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank mcsOntarioCanada
Hi,
Thank nyou for review of the Kindersley, Sk. Super8, We will be improving our guestroon and breakfast soon per the new standards with Super 8 Worldwide. We hope that you return and enjoy our updare again soon .
Warman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2009

My wife and our two children stayed here on the way to Calgary and the hotel lived up to our expectaions. No ... this is not a Delta or Hilton with fancy pools and bell hops to wait on you ... this is a budget motel but it was new, clean and the staff were nice. We spent the extra few dollars to have a one bedroon suite, a must if you ask with small children. We used the included sofa bed and it was just fine for a child, don't think it would be great for an adult ... but what sofa bed is! We will stay here again if travelling the same way. The included breakfast was a nice touch.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank nsc_in_sk
HI.
Thank you for your review of the Kjkindersley, SK. Super8 . We hope that you come back and stay with us again soon.
Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2009

Stayed at the Super 8 for 3 nights while on business. Was given a non-smoking room on the main floor. By 10pm the first night, my eyes were burning and my room smelled of smoke. Complained to the front desk in the morning and they told me that they turn the hall fan off, so cigarette smoke ends up in all of the rooms. Was told to call the front desk to complain if it happened again and they would turn the fan on. Second and third night, had to complain to the front desk about the amount of smoke in my room and they did fix the problem. However, when I woke in the morning, the room and my clothes again smelled like smoke. They need to do something about the lack of ventilation on the main floor.
The room was quiet, clean, beds and pillows comfortable. There was a full size fridge in the room with freezer and that was very nice. Rooms also have microwaves, so if you are looking for a hotel where you can keep food cold and microwave cook, then it's a perfect set up.
Breakfast was average. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk - no juice. Bread, english muffins, bagels, cereal, hard boiled eggs, packages of oatmeal and some sort of muffin pieces wrapped in plastic. They did offer a good selection of fresh fruit. There was 1 newspaper for all of the guests to share. Room and tables were clean.
The staff were friendly and helpful and overall it is a good basic hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Can_Cancun
HI
Thank you for youre review of the Kindersley, SK Super8. mWe will be im kproving guest rooms and our breakfast soon per the new standards with Super8 Worldwide. We hope that you return and enjoy our update again soon.