“Lunch - Worth the wait”

Ranked #6 of 124 Restaurants in Canmore
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: bow valley trail
Description: This Canmore destination restaurant established in 1997 by Jan and Richard Hrabec is renowned for its eclectic approach to food, wine and ambience. Dishes at Crazyweed utilize local ingredients. The menu includes gluten- and dairy-free options, and is vegetarian friendly. Crazyweed's contemporary décor includes big windows, mountain views and an open kitchen with wood burning oven. The restaurant boasts an intimate patio and ample parking. CBC food critic John Gilchrist called Crazyweed a "10 out of 10," and it has been featured on the Food Network's You Gotta Eat Here.
Edmonton, Canada
“Lunch - Worth the wait”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We arrived at the Crazy Weed on Family day Monday at 1pm, and didn't think it would be too busy, but there was a 30 min -1 hour wait (depending on size). But we decided to stay and wait since we heard from friends this was a great place to eat.
The wait ended up only being 20 min for us which was great.
The service was pretty good, the food was all freshly made in an open kitchen. You could see that there were tables unseated so that the kitchen wouldn't get overwhelmed.
The place was quite busy, so the turn around time for the server and food was just okay. Server was not always on the ball in refills, but would come back with refills immediately after being asked. The food took a while to come. Which was okay since we were just talking with friends and the time passed quickly.
Once the food came, it was DELICIOUS. I had the chicken pot pie, and it was the tastiest one I've ever had before. I also tried some pork meatballs sandwich, and it was also very good. I would definitely come back to the crazy weed, just to have their chicken pot pie again. And take one to go so I could have it later.
Atmosphere was good, nice and bright with huge windows. Value was okay. A little pricey, but if you found a dish you loved, it was worth it.

TIP: Make a reservation just in case

• Visited February 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Burlington
“Excellent resolve”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I had shared a negative experience that I had here, I contacted the restaurant regarding this situation and the manager was excellent at working to resolve the negativity and create a more positive experience, I will return to Crazyweed after all as all of my previous experiences there were good. The good part about this restaurant is that they have Chefs there that prepare the food fresh, no pre packaged stuff here. Their food is good.

1 Thank Dawn T
Burlington
“found a hair in my food..”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Found a hair in my appetizer..upon mentioning it to my server..he argued saying that it was just part of the dish..whaaaat? I'm sorry, but that is a huge pet peeve of mine, I hate finding hair in my food, Crazyweed is very expensive so to have a hair in my food is just quite simply not acceptable. The rest of the dinner just went downhill from there, I have always enjoyed the gnocchi there, this time it was far too chewy, way too much butter, my daughter ended up getting sick from the dinner, I asked for the cheque, the server took a very long time to remember to bring the cheque..this was such a bad experience that I will never go back to Crazyweed again. I had been previously last year and had a good experience, boy have things changed there! I do not recommend this place to eat in Canmore, AB, there are many other better restaurants in town or make the 10 minute drive into Banff where there are many choices.

Pasadena, California
“By far the best food in all of Canada”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We were most amazed at the terrific quality of delicious food we received at Crazy Weed. A fellow traveler that sat next to us on the plane told us about this restaurant, which is near to his home in Canmore. We were quite grateful for this recommendation as the food was unquestionably the best we had during ten days in Canada. I highly recommend Crazy Weed.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Wil S
Harshaw, Wisconsin
“One of my favourite restaurants in Canmore”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I love Crazyweed. I love the ambiance, the food is fresh and the service is great! This last visit, I ordered the Thai Chicken Salad for lunch. I loved the fusion of flavours and textures: fresh, crunchy, sweet, tangy, & salty.

Often when my husband and I go out to eat we skip dessert or eat it elsewhere because we feel it's usually too expensive for what you get. We decided to splurge on dessert this time and we were not disappointed. We shared the Passionfruit Icebox with bruleed meringue and was it ever worth it. I would order it again, and again, and again. It was beautifully presented on the plate and full of vibrant colours - worthy of being showcased in a magazine. One of the best desserts I've had in a longtime, and one of the best I've had at a restaurant. Unforgettable!

1 Thank Debby S