“Memorable evening!!”

Ranked #6 of 124 Restaurants in Canmore
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: bow valley trail
Description: This Canmore destination restaurant established in 1997 by Jan and Richard Hrabec is renowned for its eclectic approach to food, wine and ambience. Dishes at Crazyweed utilize local ingredients. The menu includes gluten- and dairy-free options, and is vegetarian friendly. Crazyweed's contemporary décor includes big windows, mountain views and an open kitchen with wood burning oven. The restaurant boasts an intimate patio and ample parking. CBC food critic John Gilchrist called Crazyweed a "10 out of 10," and it has been featured on the Food Network's You Gotta Eat Here.
Beaumont, Canada
“Memorable evening!!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was a an amazing dining experience, one of those meals that you will always remember! My husband and I shared a lovely bottle of wine (that we brought) and soaked up the lively yet cozy atmosphere. Our food was delicious! I had the salad with watermelon for an appy and hubby had the thai food truck noodles, both great dishes that were unique. main courses were also fantastic, service was pleasant and the restaurant itself is lovely. Loved the interesting pictures on the walls. I can't wait to dine here again!!!!

Visited November 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
“dependable, great food”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Crazyweed is always a great place to stop for dinner on the way home from Banff; it's even worth the hours drive from Calgary for the sole purpose of going there for dinner. The food is consistently good to excellent; service good. Expect a little cheerful clatter as that is the character. I do think the pricing is a little high for the kind of restaurant but it doesn't stop me from taking my guests there. Most recently, I had folks visiting from Ireland and they loved it. While in Canmore, be sure to stop at the Cellar Door to see Alison for the best wine and beer selection that I know! I stop for a case whenever I'm in or passing through Canmore!

Timaru, New Zealand
“Recommended”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We ate here after our dog sledding experience, the staff were very accommodating despite us having an <2yr old running around. Our French waiter was lovely, very attentive and the food presented beautifully, and tasted great. the best food we had in Western Canada.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Christmas Party with 60 people”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We recently went to Crazy Weed for our Company Christmas Party.
I cannot express what an amazing job the restaurant did hosting our party of 60 people.
The food was absolutely amazing, with a large variety of options all full of flavor - and service equally as great. The servers never stopped working their butts off through the whole night, and executed everything seamlessly and with a smile on their faces. I can assure you a lot of our employees and guests will be back to eat there again soon, I hope other companies in Calgary will consider booking their parties at this restaurant.

“Wonderful and rich!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

One of the nicest meals I've had in western Canada. Great ambience, rich and delicious food and our server was super efficient and polite. Definitely worth checking out!