“Amazing food leaving me hungry for more but - really BAD service!”
Review of Crazy Weed

Crazy Weed
Ranked #7 of 125 Restaurants in Canmore
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: bow valley trail
Description: This Canmore destination restaurant established in 1997 by Jan and Richard Hrabec is renowned for its eclectic approach to food, wine and ambience. Dishes at Crazyweed utilize local ingredients. The menu includes gluten- and dairy-free options, and is vegetarian friendly. Crazyweed's contemporary décor includes big windows, mountain views and an open kitchen with wood burning oven. The restaurant boasts an intimate patio and ample parking. CBC food critic John Gilchrist called Crazyweed a "10 out of 10," and it has been featured on the Food Network's You Gotta Eat Here.
Reviewed November 20, 2012

As locals we are frequent visitors to Crazyweed. We simply love the food! I had the Thai chicken my husband had the seafood curry and my child the scallop gnocci. Everything tasted amazing and arrived hot. If I were to make one comment about the food it is that the portions are on the smaller side and I did leave still hungry. The gnocci in particular was small. My child (who does not eat a lot) could have easily eaten twice what was served. She really loved it though. The scallops and gnocci are not typical child fare and I am guessing that few kids would love this item. My daughter did say that she wished that they had a simple margarita pizza on the menu. I wish they bottled and sold the sauce for the thai chicken!

In contrast to the amazing food the poor service really stands out as being the worst in the valley. We arrived at our table in stages with the first person getting there 20 minutes before the last. The waitress did not even take a drink order until everyone had arrived and took forever to bring the little bit of bread they provide out. I have to say I delighted in the smile the waitress gave us as she descibed the desert specials (which were also amazing!). Yet it was the first time that I had seen the waitress show any personality what so ever. I point out the service as I just have to wonder what is going on in this restaurant. There is this snobby way that Crazyweed treat's their patrons almost as though they are doing the patron a favor serving them.

I walk away from every meal at Crazyweed - where I eat at least 10 times a year - shaking my head at the service having loved the food but always still a bit hungry for more!

1  Thank CanmoreBuzz
There are newer reviews for Crazy Weed

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Had a lunch with a friend of mine, ate a pizza shrimps-chorizo and my friend a hamburger, delicious. Hot sauce and ketchup homemade, superb!

18$ for a pizza is a little bit expensive though, compare to other restaurants in Canmore. Service ok but snobby, we felt like we weren't welcome?! Maybe because we were dressed with hiking clothes and didn't have a drink, I don't know... Just this makes me want to try other places before coming back and have their famous steak.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

The food was very tasty and well prepared, but the atmosphere was a little stuffy for my taste. Not sure I would chose to visit there again.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We visited the Crazy Weed for dinner for the first time and loved the trendy feel to the restaurant and the huge windows. The decor was very nice and we enjoyed our table, not finding it overly noisy.

They have a very extensive wine list but I had difficulty finding much to offer us for choices in our price range ($40-$50/bottle). Most of the wines seemed to be $65+, which is great for some that have upscale tastes in wine, but a bit pricey for those of us with less discerning tastes.

The food was very tasty, but again a bit expensive for what we had. We ordered the BBQ ribs and the "New Guy" pizza (potato, creme fraiche, bacon and arugula). Both were delicious. We also enjoyed the foccacia bread that comes before the meal.

We found the server to be nice, but not particularly prompt nor very engaging. For the prices that we paid, I would have hoped for better service particularly in comparison to some of the other restaurants that we tried in Canmore.

We enjoyed the food and the atmosphere, but had higher expectations given the prices. I would go back, but I would make it a "special occasion" rather than a everyday meal.

1  Thank laura_etc
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We dined here on a Saturday evening to celebrate our anniversary. Reservations are strongly recommended. Beautiful views in a trendy venue. The food choices were interesting & very tasty. The server was very knowledgable & helpful with suggestions from the menu. Pricey even for this area but worth it for a special occasion. We would defiantly go back when in the area.