“Not a great place”

The Wood Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wood Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 126 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 8th Avenue
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I booked a table whilst passing on a Saturday morning. We turned up and no booking was found. We waited for 25 minutes. The food was ok, but overpriced.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was excited to go to the wood BBQ thinking there would be a wood oven or BBQ involved. I ordered the $30 full rack of baby back ribs to find them boiled and over saused on one side. The other side was showing the other white meat that was boiled. Overpriced and under flavored

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Picked this location as the menu looked good.
Unlike some of the reviews, we had really good service the whole time.
The restaurant is just large enough and a good atmosphere.

Now to the food.
The food we all ordered was just fantastic. It was hot and tasted like we had wanted it to.
I ordered the salmon and it was at least 2-3 inches thick and tasted fantastic.
My wife had fries as a side to her meal and they brought them out seperate so the meal wouldn't be cold. So she had hot, fresh fries after only about a minute.

All the food was moist and we all cleared our plates. Highly impressed with the food.

The price was a bit steep, but the taste made up for it by far. I will be going back soon

Reviewed January 27, 2014

nice looking log cabin style..get inside, service slow and not great, food nothing to write home about, pricing is pretty expensive.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

The food here is quite good, the atmosphere warm and welcoming, the service I've had has always been good and when the patio is open the place is really hopping. Generally I like it a lot; but I love it when they have their specials. I highly recommend the steak sandwich on Tuesdays :)