“A bit of a surprise when we walked in”

The Wood Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wood Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 125 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 8th Avenue
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had made reservations for 10 people and had changed the reservations by half an hour. When we arrived, we were told we had 2 hours to eat as our table was needed by another party. I asked why I was not informed of it when I had called to change the reservations. I was informed that they had a new staff. I told them that was a poor excuse as we could have gone somewhere else if we had known earlier. They ended up moving the other party to another table and we didnt have to leave in 2 hours.
The food was average. The service was good.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was a return visit to this establishment. Not a huge selection, but a good variety of food and beverages.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were disappointed with our lunch at this restaurant. Service was quite slow despite not being busy and food was just average. There are so many places with great wait staff and tasty, homemade food in Canmore. This is not a great choice.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

My girlfriend and I had one hour to have a glass of wine and chat without the kids. We thought 'The Wood' had a great view on the patio. I hadn't checked out trip advisor, but apparently I should have! We waited by the desk to be seated on the patio. Numerous staff, walked by and ignored us completely, finally after close to 10 mins, a waitress came by and when we asked if we could sit on the patio, she appeared miffed (half the tables were empty at 5pm). She marched out to the patio...15ft without even asking us to follow her and plunked us at the table closest to the doors, not at the prime empty seats by the railing. It took at least15 mins before she came back to take our order (all we wanted was wine). When my friend inquired about one of the wines and said 'just give me one more sec to decide'. The waitress left and did not return for almost another 15mins with my drink. Took my friends order (the same wine), then we waited another 10mins for her drink to arrive. Seriously! the one hour was almost up and we just got our glasses of wine. Our husbands showed up and we had to gulp it down! I can't imagine what would happen if we ordered food or if the resturant was busy! Very disappointing.

1  Thank Cindiana49
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Server was friendly. At 6:15 p.m. the kitchen still had not decided on the special for the evening.
One water glass needed to be removed due to dirty "lipstick tracks". Appetizer plates were wet and had visible food on them. Mains arrived fairly promptly but the server had removed two place settings of silverware and we had to wait for her return to get new cutlery to eat. Salmon burger was over cooked and served with a dry, as in no salad dressing, side salad. This was suppose to be a special evening entertaining visiting family and was anything but.