“Friendly & fabulous food”

The Trough Dining Co.
Ranked #1 of 125 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located just one block away from Main Street.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

An awesome evening at the Trough. Great friendly service with amazing food. There were no missing ingredients at this small restaurant that would stand out anywhere in North America.

There are newer reviews for The Trough Dining Co.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I travel all over the world on business and my only passion while traveling in any given city is to locate the very best restaurant in that locale - money is of no consideration in my constant pursuit of this passion. I spend alot of time researching... I want to share with anyone reading this review that I found the holy grail in a place call called The Trough, yep wrote it right - it's in Canmore, Alberta.
I love this restaurant - the phenominal food, service and ambiance of The Trough. Go. Go. Stay.
I only wish I could move in to this place....even the dressing for the cesear salad broke my heart to have to finish.

Dr J MacLean

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Went with our son, his fiancée and their friend for dinner at The Trough. I had been there before and was looking forward to getting back. Richard, the Owner, was extremely welcoming when we arrived and made us feel like family. The attentive service was more than anyone in our pay grade could expect, but they treated us like royalty. The entire staff was extremely attentive and we did not want for anything.

And we haven't even mentioned the food yet. Three of us ordered the beef tenderloin and the other two had the ribs. Every meal was phenomenal. The wine that we had, even though it was not the most expensive on the list was aerated before served and was exceptional.

To top off the evening, Richard brought out a dessert plate that included their famous crème brule, truffle, raspberries loaded with 'pop rocks' which was totally unexpected.

We will be back in Canmore this coming Tuesday and have already made our reservation. Looking forward to it.

1  Thank David M
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had a party of 6 who ventured out into the Canmore Easter evening. We had heard through friends (who visit Canmore regularly) - that this was a restaurant that mixed fine dining with a casual laid-back attitude and above all a knowledge of food. The wines on offer were excellent - I pride myself on my knowledge of Pinot Noir wines and was pleasantly surprised at what was in stock!! I couldn't make my mind up on my main and was advised to try the duck (which I would never have as a starter or main!!!). Whether it was his 'Jedi Mind Trick' that convinced me or the fact I wanted to be different I ordered it. I was not disappointed - it was absolute delicious. Flavoursome, tender and crispy (if that makes sense!!!). We were made to feel very welcome and felt extremely relaxed and spoilt. In fact we went back for our last night for a second visit!! The Creevy's & Catmul's

Reviewed May 25, 2013

From the moment we walked in (early) to the moment we left, we were treated like royalty! The food was AMAZING, me and my boyfriend are still talking about it! The service was flawless and the drinks were very good!

Even though the place is a small 10-table restaurant, we did not feel rushed through dinner or after we had eaten.

It's THE place to go in Canmore, if you want a Fine dining experience and/or to celebrate something special!