“Interesting flavours, great desserts.”
Review of Thai Pagoda

Thai Pagoda
Ranked #64 of 135 Restaurants in Canmore
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2012

All dishes at the restaurant are individually prepared so they can be quite flexible. eg I had the green curry with shrimp but could also have had it with meat or vegetables only. I had mild, but could have ordered medium or spicy. The flavours were very interesting and different.

The service was attentive but meals took a while to arrive, but this was because of the individual preparation, ie well worth the wait.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 20, 2011

The food is great, very fresh and full of flavour, spicy but not overwhelmingly hot; there is an enormous selection of beer. The atmosphere is elegant, the service is excellent . The owners are always present either in the kitchen or on the floor and they obviously care about the food and the service.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

Decent mains. Spring rolls seemed fresh and were delicious. The one thing that was a bit of surprise was the beer menu - which was pages longer than the regular menu,,,the gentleman (owner, I think) entirely capable of telling you anything you want to know about any of the selections on that list. Fairly good service, but when it got busy, found drinks weren't refilled as often as I would have liked. Otherwise, delicious!

Reviewed October 24, 2011

I would highly recommend this place! We were a table of 4 and all our dishes and appies were FABULOUS! It's just too bad that we found this gem on our last night stay!! We will be back!! :)

Reviewed September 27, 2011

With all the great places to go in Canmore and Banff, I wouldn't waste my time going to this place. The prices were about average for the area (high to us, but average for them) and the food was so-so at best. My husband had the Thai fried rice and it was bland. Thai fried rice should have lots of seafood, meat and spices, but this dish did not.

The other strange thing for us was the waiter was chatting away with other customers and staying at their tables while they were trying to eat. It was not at all professional.

1  Thank travelhound3