“Great Spring Rolls. Huge Beer List.”
Review of Thai Pagoda

Thai Pagoda
Ranked #62 of 134 Restaurants in Canmore
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Decent mains. Spring rolls seemed fresh and were delicious. The one thing that was a bit of surprise was the beer menu - which was pages longer than the regular menu,,,the gentleman (owner, I think) entirely capable of telling you anything you want to know about any of the selections on that list. Fairly good service, but when it got busy, found drinks weren't refilled as often as I would have liked. Otherwise, delicious!

Reviewed October 24, 2011

I would highly recommend this place! We were a table of 4 and all our dishes and appies were FABULOUS! It's just too bad that we found this gem on our last night stay!! We will be back!! :)

Reviewed September 27, 2011

With all the great places to go in Canmore and Banff, I wouldn't waste my time going to this place. The prices were about average for the area (high to us, but average for them) and the food was so-so at best. My husband had the Thai fried rice and it was bland. Thai fried rice should have lots of seafood, meat and spices, but this dish did not.

The other strange thing for us was the waiter was chatting away with other customers and staying at their tables while they were trying to eat. It was not at all professional.

1  Thank travelhound3
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We love good Thai food and we found it at the Thai Pagoda. The owners actually have two Thai restaurants. The original restaurant is called Pad Thai and it is in Banff. These restaurants are family operated. The husband is Austrian and he manages and hosts the Thai Pagoda. The wife is from Laos and she runs the Banff restaurant. She is responsible for the excellent food. A trademark of the Thai Pagoda is its excellent list of wine and foreign beer. It is not only extensive but the menu has a full description and rating of each. My wife enjoys hot spicy and theirs passed the test. I had shrimp fried rice with pineapple that was almost as good as I had at the Heritage Club in Bangkok.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

The food here was great, a little pricey but probably normal for Canmore. The only downside was that our waiter seemed a little cold / curt at times, it could have been that I just didn't get his dry sense of humor but it seemed like he was the only one working there and didn't have the time to be friendly. I can imagine that people who might not understand his accent, are hard of hearing, or just need more time might feel this way.