“Delicious cupcakes and lattes!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Communitea Cafe
Ranked #3 of 119 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian, Healthy
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Downtown canmore's fresh & healthy cafe. We have live music select evenings. Asian Fusion, Breakfast, Sandwiches, Thai, Vegan and Vegetarian
“Delicious cupcakes and lattes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I had the gluten free green tea icing cupcake and it was like a yoga party in my mouth! Highly recommend. We had an almond milk rooibos tea latte- A+

• 4 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Granada, Nicaragua
“Best place in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

This place is sooo amazing! The atmosphere is fun, the staff are fun, and the food is so healthy and tasty! We always stop to eat here when we are visiting Canmore. Love this place! They also put on musical events which we are very excited to check out.
The only downside is that it can get busy because it is so popular!

Visited February 2013
Edmonton
“wouldn't return”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stopped here for a coffee break while walking around town. I found the staff a bit rude, and offstandish... Like I should be grateful to be there? The eating area was cluttered and had a lot of tables full of dirty dishes. It's a very trendy spot where local hippy-hipsters gather to fraternize. I didn't care for the coffee or atmosphere.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank swandive_pixie
Calgary, Canada
“Our go-to place in Canmore for coffee and healthy meals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Despite the name, I hardly ever have tea there. If I'm spending a day in Canmore or even just on a road trip, I often make a point to stop in at Communitea for a great latte (they serve Intelligentsia coffee), a cookie, or a full meal. It's one of the few places where you don't need to seek out the one or two healthy options for a meal, because pretty much everything on the menu is geared for the health conscious people. The vibe there is always warm and inviting. The only downside might be that due to its sheer popularity, sometimes you might wait in line for a 5-10 minutes just to get your order in, or there isn't a place to sit.

I look forward to also checking this place out on a night when they have a live musician. I highly recommend this place, unless you are the type to crave grease or fast food.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Hungry-Cyclist
Edmonton, Canada
“High maintenance service but great food in the end.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

The brunch menu is small, I asked if they could do just scrambled eggs and toast or something simple. The owner (I presume) proceeded to say that for just me that would be fine but the 'menu is the menu' and for an entire table he wouldn't be prepared to do this and there are lots of bacon and egg places in town. We were 6 people and the place was almost completely empty. He should have asked if the request was just for me( it was ) first, as he could have saved his off-putting speech altogether. I would just go to a bacon and egg place next time, but I must say that the panini without the bread was very tasty in the end. Still, I will steer clear of this place next time the guy made it an annoying experience.
Owner: you should watch the video 'give them the pickle' about customer service if you want to succeed!

1 Thank Kajillion