“High maintenance service but great food in the end.”
Review of Communitea Cafe

Communitea Cafe
Ranked #4 of 127 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Downtown canmore's fresh & healthy cafe. We have live music select evenings. Asian Fusion, Breakfast, Sandwiches, Thai, Vegan and Vegetarian
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

The brunch menu is small, I asked if they could do just scrambled eggs and toast or something simple. The owner (I presume) proceeded to say that for just me that would be fine but the 'menu is the menu' and for an entire table he wouldn't be prepared to do this and there are lots of bacon and egg places in town. We were 6 people and the place was almost completely empty. He should have asked if the request was just for me( it was ) first, as he could have saved his off-putting speech altogether. I would just go to a bacon and egg place next time, but I must say that the panini without the bread was very tasty in the end. Still, I will steer clear of this place next time the guy made it an annoying experience.
Owner: you should watch the video 'give them the pickle' about customer service if you want to succeed!

1  Thank Kajillion

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

The food here was amazing, and I recommend this place just because of that. The portions were small (ie, no sides), so if you order a $10 sandwich, that's exactly what you're getting... a $10 sandwich. I understand that the quality of the food is high, etc.. But it's a little difficult to convince a few people who want to go for breakfast to go and spend that, when they could go to some greasy bacon and eggs place and let the gluttony kick in. Personally, as a vegan, I was ecstatic to have a real breakfast in a restaurant for once... But some fruit on the side (or something) would have made it easier for me to convince my family to go back the next day.

Also, you need to order/pay at the counter, like at a fast food restaurant.. I'm fine with this, but there should be a sign up, so people know what to do. And, the lack of "full service" (so-to-speak), is another reason that the value should be better.

1  Thank Linner44
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Communitea, you have everything right. Great atmosphere, great for my kids and overall great food...... if in Canmore you must try!!

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

First time I write a review for that place and I don't know why...! I came here many times. This is a great cafe in Canmore, latte is delicious-very tasty. I've tried almost every coffee place here and I believe it's probably the best one. It's a little more expensive than other places though.

Maybe too popular, it's very noisy and busy most of the time, but I understand why.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've only ever visited Communitea for lunch and/or beverages but I can speak to the quality of the food. There is a reasonable selection of options for such a small place and most of them feature lots of fresh ingredients combined simply with good flavours. It's not the kind of food you wax poetic about but it is the kind of food you try to reproduce at home. It just makes you feel good.

The atmosphere is pretty typical Canmore casual and the prices are not cheap but pretty average for the town. Expect to pay 10-16 dollars per lunch, plus beverages, tax and tip.