“A Great Breakfast to Start the Day”

Rocky Mountain Bagel Co Ltd
Ranked #1 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Canmore
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed May 20, 2014

When we visit Canmore, this is one of those "must go to" places and it was impressive as usual. We both had breakfast bagels. I had the Breakfast Lox Bagel; my wife, the Breakfast BLT Bagel. Each breakfast sandwich is made with your choice of a large selection of bagels. The bagels are a good size, have a light texture, and are fresh and crisp, a bit less chewy than some.
My bagel had a scrambled egg, smoked salmon, melted mozzarella, plain cream cheese, and lemon, which gave it a refreshing bit of zip. I chose the Mozza-Parm bagel, and it was very good. My wife's bagel had the obvious ingredients, plus cream cheese, on a Jalapeno-Cheddar bagel, and it was equally good. She commented on the bacon being "just right", crispy, but not over done, or burned tasting.
The coffee is from a small batch roaster, and I had the dark roast choice, "Oso Negro" and it was very, very good. They offer several sweetening options, including honey and real brown sugar. A large is $2.25, refills $1.40, very reasonable for a coffee house.
The atmosphere is also fun. My wife actually used the word "groovy" to describe it, and it fit. They offer the usual wi-fi access, and seating ranges from tables and chairs, to armchairs and sofas. There is outdoor seating on the sidewalk, and there is a boardwalk extending out onto the street, to allow passers-by to go around the tables.
We could have immediately done the whole thing a second time, were we not already more than satisfied by what we had, it was that good.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

If you like nice cafes and good bagels..make sure you visit this place when you're in Canmore! We have brunch and lunch on both days of our stay in Canmore and found the bagels and the coffees to be exceptional and well priced (around $22 for two bagels with eggs and either bacon or ham and two coffees). The bagels are obviously made fresh and they really hit the spot. A single bagel isn't huge (like some of the ones we had in NYC), but if you're still hungry they have great muffins, pastries etc..or you can order a sweet bagel like banana and peanut butter!

Staff were friendly and the atmosphere was lovely.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

There are lots of choices here - bagels, breakfast, wraps - plus a huge variety of things to put on bagels or in wraps. The food was fresh and arrived quickly. I really enjoyed my wrap that was filled with smoked salmon and other yummy things.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I'm a gluten free person not by choice, it's hard sometimes, well a lot of times to find foods that I can eat out, this place has gluten free option of homemade soup, was really good! they have homemade bagels and wraps with many designer choices too.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Went for breakfast before skiing. Eggel (bagel with egg and Cheddar cheese) was very tasty and satisfying. Pretty huge bagel kept us going all morning. Great selection of bagels and baked goods. Coffee selection good, too. Check it out!!!