“One napkin and no refills, really??”
Review of A&W Restaurant

A&W Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 129 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We visited Canmore over the Christmas Holidays and while in a hurry to grab something quick and be on our way to the ski hill, we stopped here. The food was what you would expect from small town fast food. Why I give it a one star as compared to say a 3 star, was the fact that, to start off on the wrong foot, no napkins were given with the meal. I looked around the restaurant but there were none to be found where a patron could help themselves. Strange. So I went to the counter and asked for some napkins (for my family of 5). The server gave me one napkin. I politely asked for more, gesturing to my family of 5; she hesitantly handed me one more. Really? We awkwardly stared at one another for a few more seconds, I with the questioning look, "Seriously?". Then, when my teenage daughter went up and asked for a refill on her drink, they told her they do not have refills. I have to say we eat out a lot, and l cannot recall if I have ever been to a fast food or regular restaurant where they did not offer free refills or napkins for that matter. We didnt go back. The Canmore McDonald's and Wendy's both offer free refills and napkins, as we found out. Dare I say, a much better fast food dining experience.

1  Thank pikiniki93

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Couldn't take our money fast enough said they would bring the rest of our order over.never happened we tried to ask the one guy as he was mopping the floor but apparently couldn't understand us at least he smiled and nodded while looking confused
Double teen burger was gross and falling apart
Our fault for stopping at this excuse for an A&W
NEVER AGAIN!!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Didn't have time to sit down for lunch before an appointment so headed to the A&W. Interesting access since there is no direct turn. Grabbed a childs meal and had to go back to wait for the sauce that had been forgotten. Root beer is a staple and we laughed that we had to look hard for the sign that offered the root beer float.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We are from the lower 48, so enjoyed the little basket our sweet potato fries came in and the metal tray. There wasn't a large selection, but the food was fresh and tasty.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I caught salmonella poisoning here when I ate breakfast, scrambled eggs, bacon and coffee, I have been seriously ill ever since then, I would advise everyone to stay away from this place for breakfasts!

4  Thank Dawn T